In the enthralling Blow Out, brilliantly crafted by Brian De Palma, John Travolta gives one of his greatest performances as Jack, a movie sound-effects man who believes he has accidentally recorded a political assassination. He enlists the help of Sally (Nancy Allen), a possible eyewitness to the crime who may be in danger herself, to uncover the truth. With its jolting stylistic flourishes, intricate plot, profoundly felt characterizations, and gritty evocation of early-1980s Philadelphia, Blow Out is an American paranoia thriller unlike any other, as well as a devilish reflection on the act of moviemaking.
- New hour-long interview with De Palma, conducted by filmmaker Noah Baumbach
- New interview with star Nancy Allen
- Cameraman Garrett Brown on the Steadicam shots featured in the film within the film
- Select on-set photos from photographer Louis Goldman
- De Palma's 1967 feature Murder a la Mod
- Original theatrical trailer