One of the most wildly popular horror movies of all-time, Stuart Gordonâs enduring splatter-comedy classic Re-Animator returns to Blu-ray in a stunning restoration packed with special features!
When medical student Dean Cain advertises for a roommate, he soon finds one in the form of Dr. Herbert West. Initially a little eccentric, it some becomes clear that West entertains some seriously outlandish theories â specifically, the possibility of re-animating the dead. Itâs not long before Dean finds himself under Westâs influence, and embroiled in a serious of ghoulish experiments which threaten to go wildly out of control.
Based on H.P. Lovecraftâs classic terror tale Herbert West â Reanimator and featuring a standout performance from Jeffrey Combs as the deliciously deranged West, Re-Animator remains the ground-zero of â80s splatter mayhem and one of the genreâs finest hours.
- Unrated and Integral Versions
- Audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon
- Audio commentary with producer Brian Yuzna, actors Jeffrey Combs, Barbara Crampton, Bruce Abbott, and Robert Sampson
- Re-Animator Resurrectus â documentary on the making of the film, featuring extensive interviews with cast and crew
- Interview with director Stuart Gordon and producer Brian Yuzna
- Interview with writer Dennis Paoli
- Interview with composer Richard Band
- Music Discussion with composer Richard Band
- Interview with former Fangoria editor Tony Timpone
- Barbara Crampton In Conversation -the Re-Animator star sits down with journalist Alan Jones for this career-spanning discussion
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Trailer & TV Spots
- A Guide to Lovecraftian Cinema â brand new featurette looking at the many various cinematic incarnations of writer H.P. Lovecraftâs work
- Audio reading of Lovecraftâs original "Howard West: Re-Animator" series
- Digipak packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Justin Erickson
- Collectorâs booklet featuring new writing on the film by writer Michael Gingold
- Re-Animator â the original 1991 comic book adaptation, reprinted in its entirety