Blue Underground

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
L.A.

Re: Blue Underground

#326 Post by L.A. » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Love Camp 7 (1969) @ Mondo Digital

Finnish subtitles. :o

jsteffe

#327 Post by jsteffe » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:55 pm

L.A. wrote:Love Camp 7 (1969) @ Mondo Digital

They did that just for you!

L.A.

#328 Post by L.A. » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:26 am

jsteffe wrote:
L.A. wrote:Love Camp 7 (1969) @ Mondo Digital

They did that just for you!
Yay! :D

dwk

#329 Post by dwk » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:43 pm

Blue Underground recently shot an interview with Asia Argento for some mystery title (given the quality of films they've been releasing on Blu, I'm gonna guess it is for Argento's Phantom of the Opera.)

Professor Wagstaff

#330 Post by Professor Wagstaff » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:58 pm

Trauma maybe?

Bill from Code Red posted photos a few weeks back that appear to be from this same interview which he said would appear on a blu-ray for The Church. Any chance Code Red and Blue Underground are working on projects together?

dwk

#331 Post by dwk » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:15 am

No, the company that actually shot the interview (Freak-O-Rama) mentioned that they interviewed her for two different projects during the session, the unnamed Blue Underground release and another project that they didn't name, but, as you said, it is The Church.

Adam X

#332 Post by Adam X » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:13 am

I guess we can be thankful for Dimension having released Mother of Tears, so it's likely not that. Hopeful for Trauma, haven't seen it since it's VHS release; but agreed dwk, I could totally see BU releasing Phantom of the Opera.

dwk

#333 Post by dwk » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:30 pm

looks like I was wrong, it is a remastered The Stendhal Syndrome
We can finally confirm that the Argento title we're working on is a newly remastered version of THE STENDHAL SYNDROME! We've gone back to the original camera negative and done a new 2K scan in it's proper 1.85:1 theatrical aspect ratio. The new restoration is absolutely gorgeous! Our upcoming Limited Edition Blu-ray will also include several new Extras, including the previously mentioned interview with Asia Argento!!

cana7cl

#334 Post by cana7cl » Wed May 10, 2017 11:07 pm

Details on The Stendhal Syndrome 3 Disc Limited Edition

Title: The Stendhal Syndrome: Limited Edition
Starring: Asia Argento
Released: 25th July 2017
SRP: $39.98

Further Details:
Blue Underground has announced the three disc Limited Edition Combo Pack release (BD + 2 DVDs) of Dario Argento's The Stendhal Syndrome.

The film has been restored in 2K specifically for this release, which will include the following extras:
Disc One:
NEW Audio Commentary with Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse
Three Shades Of Asia – NEW Interview with Star Asia Argento
Prisoner Of Art – NEW Interview with Co-Writer Franco Ferrini
Sharp As A Razor – NEW Interview with Special Makeup Artist Franco Casagni
Theatrical Trailer
Poster and Still Gallery
Disc Two:
Director: Dario Argento
Inspiration: Psychological Consultant Graziella Magherini
Special Effects: Sergio Stivaletti
Assistant Director: Luigi Cozzi
Production Designer: Massimo Antonello Geleng
Collectable Booklet with new essay by author Michael Gingold

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/ ... ition.html

dwk

#335 Post by dwk » Fri May 26, 2017 10:23 pm

Robespierre

#337 Post by Robespierre » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:07 pm

What is going on with BU pricing on Amazon? I've checked a few of their Giallo titles on blu ray and they're coming up in the 50$+ range (Inferno, Strip Nude for your Killer, Torso, House by the Cemetery, Deep Red, Zombi, etc.)

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#338 Post by domino harvey » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:02 am

I believe they're changing distributors, so a lot of their titles are temporarily MIA

cana7cl

#339 Post by cana7cl » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Recently announced Dick Maas' Amsterdamned. De Lift is in the works too.

AfterTheRain

#340 Post by AfterTheRain » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:27 pm

cana7cl wrote:Recently announced Dick Maas' Amsterdamned. De Lift is in the works too.
So too is the American remake.

colinr0380

#341 Post by colinr0380 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:06 pm

AfterTheRain wrote:
cana7cl wrote:Recently announced Dick Maas' Amsterdamned. De Lift is in the works too.
So too is the American remake.
I've not seen The Shaft but it looks like goofy fun and with quite a cast!

dwk

#342 Post by dwk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Stendhal Blu-ray replacement has been announced
STENDHAL SYNDROME BLU-RAY UPDATE:

Recently, we were made aware of a minor compression issue and 2 bits of missing audio (English version only) on the new STENDHAL SYNDROME Blu-ray. We investigated and have now corrected the Blu-ray. We will be offering a replacement V2 disc for those with concerns about the aforementioned issues.

If you purchased the new 3-DISC LIMITED EDITION and the blu-ray disc art does not have “V2” on it, you may request a replacement Blu-ray Disc by emailing us at StendhalBDreplacement@gmail.com. You MUST include the following information in your email to qualify for a replacement disc:
· Your Name
· Mailing address
· Copy of receipt showing purchase of THE STENDHAL SYNDROME 3-Disc Limited Edition

The V2 Blu-ray Discs will be available to mail out in approximately 4 weeks. We thank you for your continued support and patience!

dwk

#343 Post by dwk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:59 pm

Deathdream details
ImageImage
We now have the final details on DEATHDREAM (aka DEAD OF NIGHT). The Deluxe Limited Edition of Bob Clark's critically-acclaimed zombie shocker will be unleashed on November 28th!

SOMETHING UNSPEAKABLE HAS COME HOME

In this shattering variation on “The Monkey’s Paw,” grief-stricken suburban parents (Academy Award® nominees John Marley of THE GODFATHER and Lynn Carlin of FACES) refuse to accept the news that their son Andy (Richard Backus) has been killed in Vietnam. But when Andy returns home soon after, something may be horribly wrong: Andy is alive and well… or is he? Produced and directed by Bob Clark (BLACK CHRISTMAS) and written by Alan Ormsby (DERANGED), DEATHDREAM was one of the very first films to confront the domestic ravages of the Vietnam War. More than forty years later, it remains one of the most chilling horror films of all time.

DEATHDREAM was released under several different titles, including DEAD OF NIGHT, THE NIGHT WALK and THE NIGHT ANDY CAME HOME, and marked the grisly debut of gore effects legend Tom Savini (DAWN OF THE DEAD). Blue Underground is proud to present this acclaimed zombie shocker in a new 2K restoration from the 35mm negative in its most complete version ever, along with original and brand-new Extras exclusive to this release!
Extras:
• Audio Commentary #1 with Co-Producer/Director Bob Clark
• Audio Commentary #2 with Writer/Make-Up Artist (Uncredited) Alan Ormsby
• NEW! A Recollection With Star Anya Liffey and Writer/Make-Up Artist Alan Ormsby
• NEW! Notes For A Homecoming – Interview with Composer Carl Zittrer
• NEW! Flying Down To Brooksville – Interview with Production Manager John ‘Bud’ Cardos
• Tom Savini: The Early Years
• Deathdreaming – Interview with Star Richard Backus
• Alternate Opening Titles
• Theatrical Trailer
• NEW! Expanded Still Galleries
• NEW! Alan Ormsby Student Film
• BONUS Collectable Booklet with new essay by critic Travis Crawford (First Pressing Only!)

• WORLD PREMIERE of brand new 2K restoration from the 35mm negative in its most complete version ever!
• EXCLUSIVE LIMITED COLLECTOR'S EDITION includes Blu-ray, DVD, bonus collectable booklet, reversible "Dead of Night" artwork, and special packaging

Video Specs: Widescreen 1.85:1/16x9
Blu-ray Audio Specs: English: DTS-HD Mono
DVD Audio Specs: English: Dolby Digital Mono
Optional Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish
ALL REGIONS
and two Stendhal Syndrome updates:
STENDHAL SYNDROME V2 BLU-RAY UPDATE:
The V2 replacement discs have finally shipped from the replication plant and are on the way to us. We'll start mailing them out as soon as they arrive. To our customers located outside the U.S., please allow extra time for completing customs forms and International mailing.
and the limited edition is almost sold out:
Our distributor has less than 200 copies of the Limited Edition left in stock. They may be sold out before we can replace them.

M Sanderson

#344 Post by M Sanderson » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:23 am

I bought Stendhal, heard about the video issues and sent back for a refund, not even bothering to open the cellophane. With the money I bought BU’s Death Line, instead.

So, it’s safe to buy Stendhal again? Is everyone happy with the corrected version? I’ve been led to believe the corrected release of Amsterdamned is very good, but no one's really confirmed Stendhal...

sabbath

#345 Post by sabbath » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:48 am

M Sanderson wrote:I bought Stendhal, heard about the video issues and sent back for a refund, not even bothering to open the cellophane. With the money I bought BU’s Death Line, instead.

So, it’s safe to buy Stendhal again? Is everyone happy with the corrected version? I’ve been led to believe the corrected release of Amsterdamned is very good, but no one's really confirmed Stendhal...
Just browsed the Blu-ray.com thread. It seems the PQ hits the nail this time as Amsterdamned v.2 does. But there are still two missing sound effects and some people say that English 7.1 surround track on v.2 doesn't work properly, unlike the one on the v.1 disc...

M Sanderson

#346 Post by M Sanderson » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:20 am

Thanks for that. Sounds just about good enough for me. I’ll grab this.

M Sanderson

#347 Post by M Sanderson » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:20 am

So it’s safe to buy off Amazon now?

dwk

#348 Post by dwk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:21 am

No, I think you'd have still have to request a replacement disc. I've heard that Diabolik DVD is sending the fixed version.

M Sanderson

#349 Post by M Sanderson » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:57 am

Wow, sounds like a proper waste of time

dwk

#350 Post by dwk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:48 am

The release was nearly sold out by the time BU got the replacement discs (there were less than 200 left at BU's distributor.) It takes ways less than 5 minutes to request a replacement (email them your address with a copy of your receipt.)