Nordisk Tonefilm DVD

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
Richard--W

Nordisk Tonefilm DVD

#1 Post by Richard--W » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:05 am

I'm reliably informed that several Ingmar Bergman titles that remain unreleased in the USA and UK are available on a Swedish label called Nordisk Tonefilm. I'm told the transfers of It Rains On Our Love, Brink of Life, and Face to Face are excellent qualiity and have removable English subs.

Does anyone know where or how a USA buyer can purchase these?
Perhaps a website with some kind of English-translation interface?

Richard

Stefan Andersson

Re: Nordisk Tonefilm DVD

#2 Post by Stefan Andersson » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:41 am

Hi Richard!

I haven´t seen these DVDs myself.

First: what about region coding/locking?

Go here:

http://www.fhp.nu/Arrangorer/Bio/Nordis ... le-on-DVD/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(English-language DVD info at the homepage for Folkets Hus & Parker (The People´s Houses and Parks), a national organization initially devoted to creating and running amusement parks and housing for union offices and evening classes, now also into art movies, digital projection, art exhibition etc. Nordisk Tonefilm was their long-defunct film company).

The Buy! link takes you to
http://www.subdvd.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Swedish DVD e-tailer, based in Stockholm, never dealt with them, site not work-friendly, personal guess: they´re used to international customers).

English subtitles are indeed mentioned on the above net page. Checking with SubDVD might be good.

FHP contact info in Swedish:
http://www.fhp.nu/Hem/Om-oss/Kontakta-oss2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scroll down for e-mail to Hans Ohlon, Assistant, Film Dept. Might be a good person to e-mail questions to (subs? region locked?).

No word on Face to Face on the FHP site. Check with SubDVD. I´d guess any Face to Face DVD, like the German Arthaus one, contains the 165m cinema version prepared for Dino de Laurentiis.
Last edited by Stefan Andersson on Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

tojoed

#3 Post by tojoed » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:44 am

The first two are also available from Madman in Australia. If you are buying from Sweden try Discshop, but they have no mention of "Face to Face".

Davidspector

#4 Post by Davidspector » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:47 am

The Madman Bergmans are due out today, I believe - and include one other early Bergman (can't recall the title at the moment). I'm really interested in these, but there is the question of the transfers (the Australian transfer of Kvinnodrom aka Dreams was less than stellar according to a review on Michael's DVD and I ended up getting a good transfer from Sweden). Australian DVD reviews are hard to come by - perhaps someone knows of some sites that provide them? If the Australian Bergmans are good, they would be my preference - the Nordisks are pricey between shipping and the Euro; but if these are the best transfers available, so be it.