Oscilloscope Pictures

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
Oscilloscope

Re: Oscilloscope Pictures

#76 Post by Oscilloscope » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:44 pm

salad wrote:
Oscilloscope wrote:
domino harvey wrote:Do you think there'll ever be an option on the Circle of Trust to opt-in for the Blu-ray version? I would totally sign up if there were, but otherwise it doesn't really make sense
Anytime a film is released on blu-ray, all COT members may opt to receive either the blu-ray or the standard DVD.
How does that work exactly? I just signed up, but -- as far as I can tell -- there's no way to state my preference for blu-ray.
We will contact you via email each time a film is released in multiple formats to get your preference.

Oscilloscope

matrixschmatrix

#77 Post by matrixschmatrix » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:14 pm

I got my prize (thanks!) copy of Howl a couple days ago, and after watching it- I wasn't that into the movie, but the packaging is gorgeous, enough that I'm seriously considering the member subscription thing. Is there any way to get a line on what's coming up?

Oscilloscope

#78 Post by Oscilloscope » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Hey matrixschmatrix- Part of the Circle of Trust special is people putting faith in our taste and the consistent quality of our releases - you don't know what you're getting, but you know whatever it is will be awesome.

That being said, I could tell you now that if you subscribed soon, WILLIAM S. BURROUGHS: A MAN WITHIN, EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP (Blu-Ray + DVD combo), A FILM UNFINISHED, THE PARANOIDS, BANANAS!* and MONOGAMY would most likely be amongst the 10 releases you receive, in addition to some unforeseen goodies thrown in here and there. But more important than the dope DVDs, you'll be receiving a sense of cinematic community (which is well worth our subscription fee, am I right?)

You can find more info here.

- O-scope

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#79 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:51 pm

I always think about joining right after you guys put out something awesome. I got to get ahead of the game here!

EDIT: Eh, what the hell: JUST SIGNED UP. Bring it on, Oscilloscope!

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#80 Post by mfunk9786 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:53 pm

I'm hanging in there until I know that Meek's Cutoff and/or a Wendy and Lucy Blu-ray are within the next ten releases.

Oscilloscope

#81 Post by Oscilloscope » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Hey mfunk9786, a DARK DAYS dvd and MEEK'S CUTOFF blu-ray would also be in the next ten.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#82 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:02 pm

And mfunk, Monogamy has your gurl Rashida Jones in it!

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#83 Post by mfunk9786 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:11 pm

Isn't she everyone's girl? <3 <3

P.S. FINE I'LL ALSO SIGN UP FOR YOUR FILM CLUB THING. [when I get my tax refund \:D/]

willoneill

#84 Post by willoneill » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Apparently the circle of trust doesn't trust foreigners. Oh well.

Oscilloscope

#85 Post by Oscilloscope » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:14 pm

willoneill wrote:Apparently the circle of trust doesn't trust foreigners. Oh well.
We don't trust Canadians, naturally, but have no issue with other foreigners. Unfortunately, though, we only have the rights to our films in the US and can't make our DVDs available outside of that. Our discs are region-free, so perhaps with some creative shipping, but we never said that...

Oscilloscope

manicsounds

#86 Post by manicsounds » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:24 am

Yeah, I had to figure that out a while back that foreign customers aren't able to be in 'the circle of trust'. It is really something that Oscilloscope has ONLY released region free titles, and I guess not had a problem like some other smaller labels have.

salad

#87 Post by salad » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Oscilloscope wrote:We will contact you via email each time a film is released in multiple formats to get your preference.

Oscilloscope
Thanks for the reply. I hope the copy of 'Howl' on its way is the BD/DVD combo. :)

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#88 Post by domino harvey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Sweet, Legends of Country Music trading cards with the Burroughs DVD!

knives

#89 Post by knives » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:26 pm

That was an unexpected surprise as was the lack of wrapping. I guess they are too serious about this no plastic thing.

JFarnsworth

#90 Post by JFarnsworth » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Oscilloscope Laboratories presents

A FILM UNFINISHED
Directed by Yael Hersonski

On DVD March 8th, 2011
View the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z7egcyAdbk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FEATURES “DEATH MILLS” (1945), A RARELY SEEN SHORT FILM BY BILLY WILDER – INCLUDES SOME OF THE EARLIEST FOOTAGE SHOT FROM WITHIN CONCENTRATION CAMPS POST-LIBERATION.

“Moving, mysterious and intellectually provocative.”
-Jeanette Catsoulis, New York Times

“A ghostly, gripping documentary. A kind of historical detective story.”
-Joe Neumaier, New York Daily News

At the end of WWII, 60 minutes of raw film, having sat undisturbed in an East German archive, was discovered. Shot by the Nazis in Warsaw in May 1942, and labeled simply "Ghetto," this footage quickly became a resource for historians seeking an authentic record of the Warsaw Ghetto. However, the later discovery of a long-missing reel complicated earlier readings of the footage. A FILM UNFINISHED presents the raw footage in its entirety, carefully noting fictionalized sequences (including a staged dinner party) falsely showing "the good life" enjoyed by Jewish urbanites, and probes deep into the making of a now-infamous Nazi propaganda film.

A FILM UNFINISHED is a film of enormous import, documenting some of the worst horrors of our time and exposing the efforts of its perpetrators to propel their agenda and cast it in a favorable light.

Purchase the DVD from Oscilloscope Laboratories:
http://www.oscilloscope.net/films/film/ ... Unfinished" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also available at most major retailers.

SPECIAL FEATURES

- Interview with author and film researcher Adrian Wood
- Scholar Michael Berenbaum on A Film Unfinished
- Death Mills (1945), a short film by Billy Wilder
- Study Guide for educators and students to gain a deeper understanding of the themes and lessons in the film
- With an exclusive essay by author and film scholar Annette Insdorf

antnield

#91 Post by antnield » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 pm

The Digital Fix on A Film Unfinished.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#92 Post by domino harvey » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:56 pm

After literally rubbing elbows with Rashida Jones et al last nite, I'm ready to call the Circle of Trust the best investment ever

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#93 Post by mfunk9786 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:33 pm

What.

knives

#94 Post by knives » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:44 pm

If you're an east coast bastard they occasionally hold screenings in New York. So how was Monogomy Dom?

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#95 Post by swo17 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:55 pm

domino harvey wrote:After literally rubbing elbows with Rashida Jones et al last nite, I'm ready to call the Circle of Trust the best investment ever
So what you're saying is you went out of your way to brush up against her at some point so you'd be able to use that line here today?

Or did you really truly literally rub elbows with her, where you both sit across from each other, roll up your sleeves, and let your elbows Eskimo kiss as you stare deeply into each other's eyes?

JFarnsworth

#96 Post by JFarnsworth » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:39 pm

It's true, we invited our Circle of Trust members to hang out and breakdance down the red carpet with the cast and crew of MONOGAMY.

We don't just have Circle of Trust events in NYC, though. They're all over. Check out this page for upcoming events:
http://www.oscilloscope.net/?page_id=443" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

COT members almost always get special treatment at these screenings (reserved seats, free drinks, back rubs, etc.).

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#97 Post by swo17 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:47 pm

JFarnsworth wrote:(reserved seats, free drinks, back rubs, etc.)
Do all of these perks involve Rashida Jones in some way?

I see that A Film Unfinished is screening in my neck of the woods, though breakdancing with the cast in that case seems like it would be in poor taste.

JFarnsworth

#98 Post by JFarnsworth » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Oscilloscope Laboratories presents

EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP
A Banksy Film

On Blu-Ray + DVD Combo March 8th, 2011
View trailer here:

“A wild ride of a film. You’ll be laughing helplessly!”
- Rolling Stone

The incredible true story of how the greatest graffiti movie of all time was never made...

EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP is a chaotic trip through low-level criminality, comradeship, and incompetence. By turns shocking, hilarious and absurd, this is an enthralling modern-day fairytale... with bolt cutters.

This is the inside story of Street Art—a brutal and revealing account of what happens when fame, money, and vandalism collide. EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP follows an eccentric shopkeeper turned amateur filmmaker as he attempts to capture many of the world's most infamous vandals on camera, only to have famed British stencil artist Banksy turn the camcorder back on its owner in one of the most provocative films about art ever made.

Purchase the Blu-Ray + DVD Combo from Oscilloscope Laboratories:
http://www.oscilloscope.net/films/film/ ... -Gift-Shop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also available at most major retailers.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
- “B Movie,” an exclusive film about the ‘art’ of Banksy
- Deleted Scenes
- Life Remote Control (Lawyer’s edit)
- “A Star is Born,” a featurette covering Mr. Brain Wash’s first installation
- Exclusive 2-D glasses, postcards, and decal

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#99 Post by domino harvey » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:10 pm

knives wrote: So how was Monogomy Dom?
Even though it hinges on the impossibly unrelatable idea of getting cold feet about marrying Rashida Jones, it was pretty good, though admittedly my thoughts on the film will forever be linked to the experience of sitting next to movie stars while it played

mfunk9786
Under Chris' Protection

#100 Post by mfunk9786 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:30 pm

I mean, to be fair, her skin is a little too perfect.