Oscilloscope Pictures

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
Oscilloscope

Re: Oscilloscope Pictures

#301 Post by Oscilloscope » Wed May 25, 2016 2:46 pm

New Musings post is up!

The Pragmatic Rebellion of Roger Corman's THE TRIP
by Jessica Ritchey

http://musings.oscilloscope.net/post/14 ... ormans-the

Hope you like it!

FrauBlucher

#302 Post by FrauBlucher » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:13 am

I'm really looking forward to the bluray release of Embrace of the Serpent. I saw it theatrically and just loved it. One of the best of the year for me so far this year. Does anyone know if there are supplements on the upcoming release?

Oscilloscope

#303 Post by Oscilloscope » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:01 pm

FrauBlucher wrote:I'm really looking forward to the bluray release of Embrace of the Serpent. I saw it theatrically and just loved it. One of the best of the year for me so far this year. Does anyone know if there are supplements on the upcoming release?
Hey there. Indeed, the supplements on on the upcoming DVD/BD are:

• Making EMBRACE OF THE SERPENT – produced by the EMBRACE team, this behind-the-scenes program features on set footage and photos
• Adventure, Culture, History, Magic – in-depth behind the scenes segments
• Lessons from the Amazon - interview with actor Brionne Davis
• Theatrical trailer

It's also available in limited edition packaging which you can get by ordering directly from us: http://store.oscilloscope.net/collectio ... he-serpent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for your interest and glad you liked the film!

O-Scope

FrauBlucher

#304 Post by FrauBlucher » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:34 pm

This looks terrific. Thanks O-Scope.

Oscilloscope

#305 Post by Oscilloscope » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:59 pm

for our friends on the Criterion forum, a special sneak peek at the Embrace of the Serpent blu-ray :-)

Officially releasing tomorrow! Limited-edition artwork guaranteed only if you buy through the O-Scope store: http://store.oscilloscope.net/collectio ... he-serpent

nitin

#306 Post by nitin » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:32 am

bought this via the B&N sale last week, looking forward to it!

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#307 Post by tenia » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:54 am

Ah, thanks for the packshot ! I was looking around to find how was this limited packaging and couldn't find it.

FrauBlucher

#308 Post by FrauBlucher » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:43 am

Embrace of the Serpent.... This is a must see. It deserves all the accolades it has and will get.
Bluray.com
Beaver

Cinephrenic

#309 Post by Cinephrenic » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Funeral Parade of Roses coming.

What A Disgrace

#310 Post by What A Disgrace » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:38 pm

I believe that's Cinelicious, not Oscilloscope.

Oscilloscope

#311 Post by Oscilloscope » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:52 pm

New on Musings, another great piece of Daniel Carlson!

“Sing It the Way You Feel It”: Forgiveness and Faith in ‘Tender Mercies’ by Daniel Carlson
http://musings.oscilloscope.net/post/14 ... veness-and

Hope you dig it!

Oscilloscope

#312 Post by Oscilloscope » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:58 pm

For those of you in New York, come school us at Film Trivia at Metrograph:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/metrograph ... tname_text" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Capacity is very limited.

Hope to see you there.

O-Scope

barryconvex
billy..biff..scooter....tommy

#313 Post by barryconvex » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:36 am

domino harvey wrote:
scoundrel wrote:
domino harvey wrote:After literally rubbing elbows with Rashida Jones et al last nite, I'm ready to call the Circle of Trust the best investment ever
Did you get to rub elbows with Chris Messina? How cute and scruffy is he 'in real life,' as it were?
I actually sat next to him and Justin Long, so yes and yes
I realize i'm responding to a ridiculously old post but it's just such an insane coincidence that i had to write this. I was there that same night at that same screening. Following the movie I was fortunate enough to also attend the after party at a club i can't recall the name of and then the after-after party at a bar in the east village with Messina, Rashida Jones, Seth Myers (an amazingly nice guy who answered all my dumb SNL questions for like ten minutes without ever looking uncomfortable), Justin Long (who does a killer Matt Dillon impersonation), Rose Byrne (the biggest sweetheart i think i've ever met-she actually hugged me when i was leaving) and Zach Galifianakis.

I went to high school with Chris Messina and got the invite through a close mutual friend. Messina and i were never tight but we were always friendly (he was a couple years behind me) and i still talk to him every once in awhile. He introduced me to Rashida Jones (truly radiant in person) that night as well-actually the only person i didn't meet was Galifianakis. Ahh, there was magic in the air that night.

So there you have it. Sorry about all the name dropping but i promise to cut it out in my next post when i'll write about the time i chatted up Matthew Modine at Prince Lumber.

Harry Caul

#314 Post by Harry Caul » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:42 pm

Even though Kelly Reichardt hasn't done that many films, she is one of my favorite directors.

So, I recently re-watched her first feature, River of Grass (1995), by Oscillloscope Pictures. This looked fantastic on the recent remastered DVD. This was a decent '90's indy film, with a lot of nice touches:

The domestic scene when Cozy put soda in her baby's bottle; either she wasn't paying attention, or this was really bad parenting - LOL.

The various musings that Cozy either thought about (in the voice-over) - or mentioned to Lee.

The same joke that both the bartender & the record store owner told Cozy's father (the LE officer), who didn't think it was funny either time.

The various record/vinyl stores that were seen in the film - when Cozy & Lee were trying to sell his mother's (stolen) record collection. In the '90's vinyl was still around & popular to some extent. Conversely, these days, I'm sure these stores (and stores like this) have probably closed down. I haven't seen a stand-alone store just selling records (or even CD's) in years - despite the relatively recent resurgence/popularity of vinyl.

Oscilloscope

#315 Post by Oscilloscope » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Hey there, beloved DVD fans. Wanted to let y'all know that we're down to our very last box of limited-edition EMBRACE OF THE SERPENT DVDs.

Only available at the O-Scope store: http://store.oscilloscope.net/products/ ... erpent-dvd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get yours before they're gone!

Aunt Peg

#316 Post by Aunt Peg » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:07 am

When is Oscilloscope Pictures releasing Kedi? Will we be fortunate enough for a Blu-Ray edition….

Oscilloscope

#317 Post by Oscilloscope » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:35 am

Looking like Kedi will hit DVD and Blu-Ray (with a ton of extras) in November.

Thanks for your interest!

Aunt Peg

#318 Post by Aunt Peg » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:01 am

Oscilloscope wrote:Looking like Kedi will hit DVD and Blu-Ray (with a ton of extras) in November.

Thanks for your interest!
Great. Day one buy for me - loved this film.

Michael Kerpan
Spelling Bee Champeen

#319 Post by Michael Kerpan » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:11 pm

Aunt Peg wrote:Great. Day one buy for me - loved this film.
Agreed. a lovely meditation on Istanbul. its street cats and the people who some of these cats. The (undeniably cute) trailer made this look a little Disneyesque -- but the film is much better than the trailer.
Last edited by Michael Kerpan on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oscilloscope

#320 Post by Oscilloscope » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:43 pm

THE LOVE WITCH is now available on Blu-ray and DVD! Get it from the O-Scope store for a feature-loaded, stunning edition with the beautiful packaging that you expect from us. This technicolor wonder looks awesome on these discs. Such a special film. Bring this 35mm wonder home today.

https://store.oscilloscope.net/collecti ... love-witch

CR2

#321 Post by CR2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:55 pm

To the Oscilloscope person who is posting in this thread, feel free to pass this along to the necessary parties for me who are responsible for this, but I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for your noticeable dedication in your recent selections to how many women directed films you guys have put out in recent times span: The Fits, Always Shine, The Love Witch, Girl Asleep, Kedi, The Wonders, etc., or practically nearly every film you've released in the past couple months or so are ALL from women filmmakers. That's AMAZING, and basically unheard of in terms of any other boutique retailer I'm aware of at the moment. Thanks for supporting women directors in this way and I hope this continues!

hearthesilence

#322 Post by hearthesilence » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:51 pm

If I'm not mistaken, they've always been supportive of women filmmakers, going back to the beginning when Adam Yauch (MCA) founded the company. I never would've known who Kelly Reichardt is, much less seen any of her films, if it wasn't for them.

"I want to say a little something that's long overdue, the disrespect to women has got to be through. To all the mothers and the sisters and the wives and friends, I wanna offer my love and respect till the end."

RIP MCA

CR2

#323 Post by CR2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:21 am

Oh yeah, you're not wrong, of course, but Oscilloscope's recent releases, I think, feature more women filmmakers than male over the past couple cycles or so (correct me if I'm wrong), and I think they definitely deserve to commended for that. They've been doing this for a while with different releases (You rightly bring up Kelly Reichardt, and there's also "The Second Mother" , Treeless Mountain and some others), but this last stretch has been almost EXCLUSIVELY women made. I don't know if it's on purpose, but it's definitely appreciated.

Oscilloscope

#324 Post by Oscilloscope » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:00 pm

Thanks for the kind words. But also kudos to all the great women filmmakers that we've had the opportunity to work with and are turning out amazing works. We just picked up another one that we'll announce soon and will probably be a much loved film by the participants on this forum. It's in your wheelhouse!

O-Scope
Last edited by Oscilloscope on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aunt Peg

#325 Post by Aunt Peg » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:01 am

My guess is Paris pieds nuns (Lost in Paris) directed by Dominique Abel & Fiona Gordon which features the second to last performance of Emmanuelle Riva.