It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:38 am 

Unlike Howard's End, the Rivette films aren't Cohen restorations so I'd be surprised if they released them in the UK.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:54 pm 

Ribs wrote:
Cohen will be releasing Howards End themselves in the UK. Totally within their power but I've felt their partnerships with the UK labels have been very fruitful at producing the best versions of their titles and hope this doesn't mean that they'll be doing the same for the Rivette titles or even other Merchant Ivory restorations.

Reckon they might just do Merchant Ivory, since they still have at least one active deal with a UK label (Eureka have The Old Dark House and King of Hearts coming up in the New Year). I imagine Arrow will have one or two more Cohen-sourced titles too. I'd be surprised if Cohen just tried to release whatever they could over here, Criterion UK-style.

Seems the BFI failed to secure Howards End; I could've sworn they had confirmed a Dual Format release in a press release somewhere. Maybe they requested to port over all the Cohen extras, and Cohen responded by deciding to just port over the entire release? Either that or Sony weighed in and weren't willing to work with the BFI. Who knows...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:23 pm 

Just got The Old Dark House. The restoration looks fantastic, but there's one strange thing with the audio - at 57:20, some loud hiss kicks in on the soundtrack. Eventually it goes away, but it's strange - I'm not sure if it was noise introduced into the soundtrack or if it's inherent in the soundtrack and they actually just processed everything else with heavy noise reduction. (The latter is very possible because it does sound like it was cleaned up quite a bit.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21