Eagle Rock Entertainment

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
flyonthewall2983

Eagle Rock Entertainment

#1 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Official Website

Plenty of upcoming interesting releases, and on top of what's come out so far it's looking to be a good 2013 for them.

Miles Davis with Quincy Jones & the Gil Evans Orchestra Live at Montreux

The Rolling Stones: Crossfire Hurricane

Paul McCartney & Wings: Rockshow

The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert

And just announced today, Peter Gabriel: Live In Athens (along with the Play DVD as a bonus)

flyonthewall2983

Re: Eagle Rock Entertainment (music and concert Blu/DVD)

#2 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:01 am

One I am very much looking forward to is Santana and McLaughlin: Invitation to Illumination. I heard they did this show a few weeks after the fact and read some articles on it, and have been looking forward to this release ever since.

flyonthewall2983

#3 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Genesis' Three Sides Live makes it's debut on Blu-ray. While it's been part of a box set of live DVDs, this is it's first stand-alone release. Later that month Eagle Rock will release the documentary Sum of the Parts, featuring all 5 members of the classic Genesis line-up.

flyonthewall2983

#4 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:53 am

"Big Block" by Jeff Beck from the forthcoming release Live In Tokyo.

November will see the release of The Rolling Stones: From the Vault - Hampton Coliseum - Live in 1981. Also that month coming out is Feast Of Friends, a film made by The Doors in 1968 chronicling life on the road and in the studio that has never seen a major release until now.

flyonthewall2983

#5 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Several Blu-ray titles have been selling for 3.99 for the past week or so, the deals are usually up on Blu-ray.com. Mostly Hard Rock/Metal titles, right now Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Slipknot are currently going for that much.

Almost a year late to be news, but last year they were purchased by Universal.

flyonthewall2983

#6 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Sat May 02, 2015 2:18 pm

This June, Eagle Rock Entertainment will celebrate the 50th Anniversary of The Who with the first ever Blu-ray release of Live At Shea Stadium 1982. This is the first official release of the full show and features restored footage and newly mixed sound.

The Who (Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend, John Entwistle, and Kenney Jones) delivered both classic tracks and rarely performed songs: "Pinball Wizard," "Won't Get Fooled Again," "My Generation," "Substitute," "Who Are You," "I Can't Explain," "See Me Feel Me," "Baba O'Riley," and many more. The tour promoted the 1982 album It's Hard and the set list was comprised of several tracks from that album, some of which the band would only play live on this tour.

The Who's 1982 North American tour was their last to feature Kenney Jones on drums and the band did not tour again until 1989. This concert film features the show from the second of their two nights at New York's Shea Stadium and was filmed on October 13th 1982.

2015 is a year of even higher profile than usual for this legendary band - with their 50th Anniversary European/North American tour taking place this summer. Live At Shea Stadium 1982 shows exactly what their reputation has been built on.

TRACKLISTING:

1) Substitute
2) I Can't Explain
3) Dangerous
4) Sister Disco
5) The Quiet One
6) It's Hard
7) Eminence Front
8) Behind Blue Eyes
9) Baba O'Riley
10) I'm One
11) The Punk And The Godfather
12) Drowned
13) Tattoo
14) Cry If You Want
15) Who Are You
16) Pinball Wizard
17) See Me Feel Me
18) Love Reign O'er Me
19) Long Live Rock
20) Won't Get Fooled Again
21) Young Man Blues
22) Naked Eye
23) I Saw Her Standing There
24) Summertime Blues
25) Twist And Shout

hearthesilence

#7 Post by hearthesilence » Sat May 02, 2015 8:57 pm

Ugh, this was a terrible tour, nearly lifeless compared to their peak years. Then again, there may not be much out there that's still awaiting release in terms of complete, filmed concerts, which is a shame. Absolutely cherish The Kids Are Alright - more of a clip show than a fully-realized documentary film, but those performances are pretty damn awesome.

flyonthewall2983

#8 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Mon May 04, 2015 3:04 pm

For me, I think they lost much more when Entwistle passed away. There's no doubt that they were a much different band when Moon died, but to my ears they still kept some of their intensity. As long as they kept the lineup minimal, opposed to "The Who on Ice" period in 1989. But when they lost him, even with Zak Starkey on drums, their musical spark flattened a bit.

flyonthewall2983

#9 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:33 am

On September 11, 2015, Eagle Rock Entertainment, in association with the BBC, will release Live In Hyde Park by Jeff Lynne's ELO on Blu-ray. This release offers fantastic value with a full-length concert and feature-length documentary on the same disc.

The show from Hyde Park includes ELO's hits "Mr Blue Sky," "Sweet Talkin' Woman," "Livin' Thing," "Evil Woman," "Telephone Line," "Don't Bring Me Down," "Showdown," "Roll Over Beethoven," "10358 Overture," "Can't Get It Out Of My Head," "Strange Magic," and many more.

The Electric Light Orchestra, led by one of rock's most iconic songwriters and producers Jeff Lynne, is one of the most successful bands of all time with global sales of over 50 million albums. In September 2014, Jeff Lynne's ELO headlined BBC Radio 2's "Festival In A Day" in London's famous Hyde Park. It was the first time in almost 30 years that the band had performed on a festival stage. Jeff Lynne said, "It seemed like the entire 50,000 were singing and clapping along, which carried on for the whole night. The Hyde Park concert turned out to be one of the most memorable shows ever for me".

The critics agreed, with The Times (UK) saying it was "near perfect" in their 5-star review and the Evening Standard (London) marveling that "ELO still have the power to flick switches" in their 4-star review. Neil McCormick of the Telegraph (UK) noted how "fifty thousand grown men and women sang along in joyous rapture to some of the greatest pop music ever heard."

As well as the full Live In Hyde Park show, the Bonus Features offer the feature length documentary Mr Blue Sky – The Story Of Jeff Lynne and ELO and also new interviews filmed at Hyde Park. Jeff Lynne has been involved every step of the way with every aspect of this production, especially the audio delivery, saying: "It's important to me that viewers experience the Hyde Park show exactly as it was performed on the night….in stereo."

This show was a truly special moment that will live on in fans' memories forever - the 50,000 tickets for the event had sold out in a matter of minutes and the fans sang along to hit after hit performed by Jeff Lynne and the band accompanied by the BBC Concert Orchestra. Live In Hyde Park by Jeff Lynne's ELO will be cherished by all who love this truly important band.

TRACKLISTING:

1) All Over The World
2) Evil Woman
3) Ma-Ma-Ma Belle
4) Showdown
5) Livin' Thing
6) Strange Magic
7) 10538 Overture
8) Can't Get It Out Of My Head
9) Sweet Talkin' Woman
10) Turn To Stone
11) Steppin' Out
12) Handle With Care
13) Don't Bring Me Down
14) Rock 'n' Roll Is King
15) Telephone Line
16) Mr Blue Sky
17) Roll Over Beethoven

charal

#11 Post by charal » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Rory Gallagher with Taste live at the 1970 Isle of Wight is out on the 18th of this month. This is the latest in a series of post-festival docos directed by Murray Lerner. Here's hoping for possible future releases on FAMILY, THE DOORS, TEN YEARS AFTER, SLY AND THE FAMILY STONE etc.........

flyonthewall2983

#13 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:22 pm

Blu-ray.com review of Jeff Lynne’s ELO: Live in Hyde Park.
It might seem positively counterintuitive that music as multilayered, even stratified, as Lynne's is wouldn't receive a multichannel presentation on Blu-ray, but there's a telling quote from Jeff himself in the accompanying insert booklet which "reveals" all: "It's important to me that viewers experience the Hyde Park show exactly as it was performed on the night. . .in stereo."
I'm not so bothered by concert discs that only have stereo options. It seems to me from what I've heard that surround tracks on these discs are pretty front heavy with crowd ambiance in the rears anyway.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#14 Post by tenia » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:51 am

flyonthewall2983 wrote:It seems to me from what I've heard that surround tracks on these discs are pretty front heavy with crowd ambiance in the rears anyway.
It's indeed often the case, and if the mix doesn't balance properly the crowd ambiance with the stage, it can actually sound like some kind of stereo track with no surround use anyway. That's what happens of the Smashing Pumpkins' Oceania BD : the crowd ambiance is mixed so low that the 5.1 track feels very frontal. It's all the sadder that it's a 96/24 5.1 track, which is pretty neat. However, I remember Muse - Live at Rome having spatialised instruments, allowing for a better separation.

EDIT : I checked yesterday evening's Muse BD and it has indeed spatialised instruments. For instance, on the opening title Supremacy, the synths waves are on the rear speakers.

Surround tracks can be interesting in the way they're often coming as .1 tracks, thus driving low-end sound to the LFE, which normally is more apt at restituing this part of the sound spectrum.
Last edited by tenia on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

flyonthewall2983

#15 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:42 pm

There are indeed exceptions. The live discs from Pink Floyd (as well as Waters and Gilmour) use much more of the rear speakers since they've utilized quadraphonic sound live for most of their careers. It's more believable to me as well because those rear tracks make good use of the sound effects and general non-musical sounds in their catalog.

I'll have to check out that Muse disc.

jorencain

Eagle Rock Entertainment (music and concert Blu/DVD)

#17 Post by jorencain » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:57 am

Zappa's "Roxy the Movie" looks and sounds great. The package includes a blu-ray and a soundtrack cd. Of course, the performances are stellar, and this is a must-have for all FZ fans. I had never seen or heard the drum version of "Cheepnis" before. And it's great to see the band perform "Echidna's Arf" and "Don't You Ever Wash That Thing?"

charal

#19 Post by charal » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:30 pm

For Zappa fans note that on the blu of Roxy I found a 10 minute easter egg of a studio session from 1973 showing the recording of CHEEPNIS. Go to "yes but also" and scroll upward until Zap's mo highlights.

flyonthewall2983

#21 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:55 pm

On June 3, Eagle Rock Entertainment will release The Rolling Stones: Totally Stripped. this collection features The Rolling Stones going back to the source of many of their favorite tracks, creating new stripped back versions. Selected material from studio sessions and shows presented here formed the Stripped album of 1995.

Totally Stripped is available as a DVD or SD Blu-ray containing the newly-revised documentary of the same name, or on DVD+CD or DVD+LP featuring the documentary and single CD / 2LPs compiled from live shows [MSRP $29.98 SD Blu-ray+CD, $21.98 DVD+CD, $39.98 DVD+2LP]. Additionally a DVD or SD Blu-ray deluxe edition is available, packaged with a 60 page hard book set containing 5 discs [$109.98 for 4 SD Blu-ray+CD, $99.98 for 4 DVD+CD] which boasts hours of previously unavailable music (three complete shows made available for the first time ever) from this truly legendary act.

These reimagined versions lose none of their impact and emotional heft, and in fact connect with listeners in a different way. Totally Stripped itself is a brand new version of the documentary of the same name, which tells the stories of the two studio sessions and three live shows (The Paradiso in Amsterdam in May 1995, L'Olympia in Paris and Brixton Academy in London in July 1995) that make up this project. The Deluxe Edition contains a CD of favorites drawn from across the live shows and three DVDs featuring, for the first time, ever each of those shows in full.

Following the 'Voodoo Lounge' tour, The Stones released Stripped, an album of reconsidered, pared back renderings of some classic Stones tracks, and also a couple of carefully chosen covers. The album mixed new studio versions of tracks with some live songs. The tracks that made up Stripped were taken from two studio sessions that took place in Tokyo [March 3-5, 1995] and in Lisbon [July 23-26], and a trio of live shows in July 1995 at small concert venues in London, Paris and Amsterdam. Keith Richards commented, "There's something about playing these small venues, the immediacy of it. Also we can keep God out the band, because on big gigs he sometimes turns up as rain or wind".

As Mick Jagger said at the time, the aim was to "Take the best element from [MTV] 'Unplugged', the intimate thing of it, without actually doing it completely unplugged". This collection is built on the power of lyric and melody, and the material here feels somehow simpler yet potent, as the songs stand on their individual timeless quality rather than on the production techniques and technical expertise that generally come as part and parcel of being the biggest band in the world.

Totally Stripped is the release that the fans have been waiting years for, a document that reveals the inner workings not only of The Rolling Stones themselves but also indeed some of their most loved tracks. Revealing, intimate and moving, Totally Stripped is unmissable.

TRACKLISTING:

CD

NOT FADE AWAY – AMSTERDAM / HONKY TONK WOMEN – PARIS / DEAD FLOWERS – AMSTERDAM / FARAWAY EYES- LONDON / SHINE A LIGHT – AMSTERDAM / I GO WILD – PARIS / MISS YOU – LONDON / LIKE A ROLLING STONE – AMSTERDAM / BROWN SUGAR – PARIS / MIDNIGHT RAMBLER – LONDON / JUMPIN' JACK FLASH – PARIS / GIMME SHELTER – AMSTERDAM / RIP THIS JOINT – AMSTERDAM / STREET FIGHTING MAN - AMSTERDAM

DVD1

'TOTALLY STRIPPED' DOCUMENTARY

DVD2 PARADISO, AMSTERDAM / 26•MAY•95

NOT FADE AWAY / IT'S ALL OVER NOW / LIVE WITH ME / LET IT BLEED / THE SPIDER AND THE FLY / BEAST OF BURDEN / ANGIE / WILD HORSES / SWEET VIRGINIA / DEAD FLOWERS / SHINE A LIGHT / LIKE A ROLLING STONE / CONNECTION / SLIPPING AWAY / THE WORST / GIMME SHELTER / ALL DOWN THE LINE / RESPECTABLE / RIP THIS JOINT / STREET FIGHTING MAN

DVD3 L'OLYMPIA, PARIS / 03•JUL•95

HONKY TONK WOMEN / TUMBLING DICE / YOU GOT ME ROCKIN' / ALL DOWN THE LINE / SHATTERED / BEAST OF BURDEN / LET IT BLEED / ANGIE/ WILD HORSES / DOWN IN THE BOTTOM / SHINE A LIGHT / LIKE A ROLLING STONE / I GO WILD / MISS YOU / CONNECTION / SLIPPING AWAY MIDNIGHT RAMBLER / RIP THIS JOINT / START ME UP / IT'S ONLY ROCK 'N' ROLL / BROWN SUGAR / JUMPIN' JACK FLASH

DVD4 BRIXTON ACADEMY, LONDON / 19•JUL•95

HONKY TONK WOMEN / TUMBLING DICE / YOU GOT ME ROCKIN' / LIVE WITH ME / BLACK LIMOUSINE / DEAD FLOWERS / SWEET VIRGINIA / FARAWAY EYES / LOVE IN VAIN / DOWN IN THE BOTTOM / SHINE A LIGHT / LIKE A ROLLING STONE / MONKEY MAN / I GO WILD / MISS YOU / CONNECTION / SLIPPING AWAY / MIDNIGHT RAMBLER / RIP THIS JOINT / START ME UP / BROWN SUGAR / JUMPIN' JACK FLASH

flyonthewall2983

#22 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:46 pm

From thedigitalbits
For Peter Gabriel fans, Eagle Rock Entertainment is releasing Growing Up Live & Unwrapped + Still Growing Up Live on Blu-ray on 9/16. It will include the complete Growing Up Live concert in HD, along with Growing Up On Tour A Family Portrait and Still Growing Up Unwrapped. The 2-disc set will also include Still Growing Up Live on DVD (it was shot in standard definition only).

Gregory

#23 Post by Gregory » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:13 pm

Holding out for some more related films:
I Still Know What You Unwrapped Last Summer
Growing Up 5: Assignment Miami Beach
Still Growing Up Unwrapped and Live on Tour and Growing Still

flyonthewall2983

#24 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:30 pm

Pete Townshend's Deep End: Face The Face, the band's 1986 performance at Cannes and broadcast on Rockpalast, will be released next month on CD/DVD.

flyonthewall2983

#25 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Santana: Live at The House of Blues, Las Vegas coming out October 21st. This is the classic line-up (with some newer replacements) playing the entire Santana IV album along with hits and concert favorites from the first three albums.