InterFilmArt Entertainment

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
Giles

Re: InterFilmArt Entertainment

#26 Post by Giles » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:46 pm

so we've established the fact that this title AND the video company are not legit and a scam - right???

Moe Dickstein

#27 Post by Moe Dickstein » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Now I get it!

Someone wrote me a message if I was upset about "what that asshat said" and I read everything over there and saw nothing to be upset over.

I had asked the guy how they planned to cover $275k in restoration costs by only making $100k on sales (1000 units at $100 per)

I didn't check HTF again until just now and I seem to have missed how I was slurred.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#28 Post by domino harvey » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:53 pm

It was apparently "degenerate," which I'd never even thought of as a slur

Zot!

#29 Post by Zot! » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:57 pm

domino harvey wrote:It was apparently "degenerate," which I'd never even thought of as a slur
It's Nazi vernacular for Jew or other non-ubermensch. Like degenerate art, etc...

Are we sure this is a scam and not a joke? It's seems pretty far-fetched. And wouldn't Amazon get on you for trying to fleece people?

Moe Dickstein

#30 Post by Moe Dickstein » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:06 pm

The other guy who asked if they were a spambot was called a "Degenerate Human"

I was slurred with something anti-semitic, based on my username it seems.

While I would have been on the Nazi hit-list for something else about me, it wasn't being Jewish though xxx.

Giles

#31 Post by Giles » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:10 pm

and? is there any validity to this upcoming release (or the company for that matter) ?

Moe Dickstein

#32 Post by Moe Dickstein » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Can there be any question at this point that these people are frauds?

Giles

#33 Post by Giles » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:13 pm

Moe Dickstein wrote:Can there be any question at this point that these people are frauds?
so the answer is yes then ... right?

Gregory

#34 Post by Gregory » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Quoted here and at Blu-ray.com:
InterFilmArt Entertainment has been in business since 1979. Let us put our experience to work for you because we have been in the motion picture and video business for thirty-four years.
From the current company site:
InterFilmArt Entertainment has been in business since 2005. Let us put our experience to work for you because we have been in the motion picture and video business for thirty-four years.
Sounds totally legitimate. Go ahead and put your experience to work for me!

Giles

#35 Post by Giles » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:37 pm

well that's wonky math...

what else have they released on home video?

Gregory

#36 Post by Gregory » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:49 pm

Moe Dickstein wrote:The other guy who asked if they were a spambot was called a "Degenerate Human"
Wow, you don't hear a put-down like that every day. Overheard at the global robot uprising?

InterFilmArt

#37 Post by InterFilmArt » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Dear Criterion Forum members,
there has been some character smearing performed by certain individuals who do not know what they are talking about. Our upcoming release of TRIUMPH OF THE WILL RESTORED BLURAY is not a scam. We are a registered company in Riverside, CA and we are completely legal and legitimate. Please be advised anyone making such false, slanderous and libelous comments will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law for defamation of character.
InterFilmArt Entertainment

Gregory

#38 Post by Gregory » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:27 pm

[Quaking with fear]
Last edited by Gregory on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arrow

#39 Post by Arrow » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:00 pm

No evidence, just threats.

Cold Bishop

#40 Post by Cold Bishop » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm

The only thing anyone in this thread is guilty of is blood libel. I'll let you guess who.

Moe Dickstein

#41 Post by Moe Dickstein » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Someone did a bit of digging and asked that this be posted:

Hello,

I did some additional research into InterFilmArt. I was wondering if you could perhaps post it on my behalf? Nothing is slanderous or libelous or dangerous, but I'd rather just not get involved. I do think others should be notified by what I've uncovered though, so I was wondering if you could post it instead

------------------------------
It appears that the cover art for the bluray was taken from this book: http://www.amazon.com/Triumph-Will-Asce ... 4871879119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As far as I can tell, the movie has never been known as "Der Triumph des Willens Kampf und Aufstieg Adolf Hitlers und seiner Bewegung". Only the book by Heinrich Hoffmann ever had that subtitle. Thus using that image for the cover could meet similar legal issues if the image is still under copyright. Even if the image is in public domain, it seems at the very least misguided to use an entirely different work's cover art and title as the image for the film.

Second, InterFilmArt doesn't appear to be registered as a business/legal entity/anything with either the State of California or Riverside County, California. The results are accurate up to Friday, October 11th, thus I have a difficult time believing the company is registered as claimed.

I'm not brave enough to try, but has anyone tried calling the phone number on their website? The area code is from the Bay Area, thus adding further doubt to this entire situation (since its nowhere near Riverside County).

An InterFilmArt Association did previously exist (it appears it is now defunct) but only in Bulgaria. But that isn't a film company but instead is, "Developing a strategy for tourism development in the cross-border region" (between Greece and Bulgaria). Other than this InterFilmArt, no other InterFilmArt exists on the internet other than here/HTF/Bluray.com, the InterFilmArt site thats been posted, and that Google Plus account. Seems difficult to believe for a company that has existed since 1979/2005.

Gregory

#42 Post by Gregory » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Ten forum cred points to the first person to create a Downfall parody meme video about "Dakota Whitecloud" finding out that the jig is up

Giles

#43 Post by Giles » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Arrow wrote:No evidence, just threats.
no doubt.

stagefright50

#44 Post by stagefright50 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:53 pm

While on "Dakota's" Google+ profile that was linked to earlier, I clicked on the profile's avatar and there's an additional photo (which happens to be the only non-nude/half-nude picture on this profile) of an older, goateed gentleman. Could this be THE Dakota Whitecloud? Because I've obviously nothing better to do, a Google Image search yielded no other results.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#45 Post by domino harvey » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:05 pm

Just because we're all having so much fun, it's worth noting that the given release date for this Blu-ray is a Monday

Giles

#46 Post by Giles » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:26 pm

domino harvey wrote:Just because we're all having so much fun, it's worth noting that the given release date for this Blu-ray is a Monday
and thankfully not released during Hanukkah - now that would have tacky and disrespectful.

zedz

#47 Post by zedz » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:27 pm

Gregory wrote:
Moe Dickstein wrote:The other guy who asked if they were a spambot was called a "Degenerate Human"
Wow, you don't hear a put-down like that every day. Overheard at the global robot uprising?
The best put-down I ever got was from a six-year-old girl in the street, who called me a "stupid adult."

fdm

#48 Post by fdm » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Nobody noticed the price drop to $59.99 at amazon? Maybe should put it in the bargains thread.

manicsounds

#49 Post by manicsounds » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:00 am

So now the price is at $60, they are planning to press 1000 copies, for $60,000 in sales if they all sell. With a production cost, as they said of "$275,000", they really must be looking forward to losing a lot of money, huh?

jindianajonz
Jindiana Jonz Abrams

#50 Post by jindianajonz » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:58 am

Moe Dickstein wrote:I'm not brave enough to try, but has anyone tried calling the phone number on their website? The area code is from the Bay Area, thus adding further doubt to this entire situation (since its nowhere near Riverside County.
What the hell, this is good drama.

I just got a very robotic voicemail that states "You have reached InterFilmArt Entertainment. Thanks for calling and please leave a message."