It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 518 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Indicator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:58 am 

That makes a lot more sense!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:07 am 

Received Christine and Body Double yesterday and (re)watched the latter last night and have now had the chance to go through the rest of the package.
This really is a great release and, as something of a De Palma agnostic, it has really helped me to get more out of the film. The booklet in particular is one of the best I've read recently- the interview with De Palma is absolutely hilarious-so a big thanks to Peerpee and the rest of the Indicator team.
A really auspicious debut for a new label.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:44 pm 

The Last Detail pre-order went down. This didn't sell-out already somehow, did it?!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:03 pm 

They posted the following on Facebook :

Quote:
Just a quick note to let you know that we have moved a couple of release dates back due to the late delivery of extras.

10 Rillington Place, plus the two Sidney Poitier movies To Sir with Love, and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner will now be released on November 28th 2016.
The Last Detail has now moved to February 20th, again due to the late delivery of extras.

Apologies, unfortunatley these things were a bit out of our control.

I guess the heavy delay on The Last Detail has caused the pre order to go down somehow.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:36 pm 

Just Amazon UK being sketchy again. I wouldn't worry. Probably just didn't update the release date.

Very much doubt all 3000 copies would sell out before February, let alone December! Can't wait for this one.

I think we're getting Q1 announcements this week, if Indicator's comments from last week are anything to go by. Sounds like they're scheduling John Carpenter's Vampires and Ghosts of Mars for January.

I'm itching to get hold of Fat City and The Lady from Shanghai myself, and particularly interested to see what they might add to The Anderson Tapes too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:36 pm 

Agreed, and I think there should be some sort of discount if you've already purchased all three other copies of Lady From Shanghai.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:11 am 

Fat City and Bunny Lake is Missing are crucial to me.

I actually like the two Carpenters, love his clean, classical style, that old master's serenity, even if the story and productions are minor fare.

So, regarding Sony. One question I have to ask. A good Blu ray of Candyman. Surely an attractive title. One of the best '90s horrors, the best Clive Barker adaptation. There is a terrible Blu Ray out there, very dated, doesn't even appear HD sourced. Have I missed something regarding Candyman?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:24 pm 

M Sanderson wrote:
So, regarding Sony. One question I have to ask. A good Blu ray of Candyman. Surely an attractive title. One of the best '90s horrors, the best Clive Barker adaptation. There is a terrible Blu Ray out there, very dated, doesn't even appear HD sourced. Have I missed something regarding Candyman?

I believe that this is not a Sony title in the UK.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:04 am 

Yes, Universal seemingly own the rights to Candyman in most non-US countries (including the UK) as it was co-produced by Polygram. Which if anything makes it more mystifying that it hasn't been licensed to Arrow or anyone else given the Universal catalogue has been fair game in the past, so presumably it's a bit more complicated than that.

Worth noting that Bernard Rose recorded a commentary for the film recently on Adam Green and Joe Lynch's podcast not too long ago.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:34 am 

Oh I assumed CM was a Sony title.

Universal - ugh. They really provide terrible, dated, unfilm-like and digitally manipulated masters of their films.

There is a current U.K. release (Columbia, can't recall now?) and its terrible.

So who could do this title justice in the UK or US?

Bernard Rose, not much luck with releases of his films. He's gone underground obviously in terms of production. Love the Tolstoy adaptations and the brilliant horror comeback, Frankenstein. Did he really upset that many in the industry with Ivanxtc, his tragic, raw depiction of a Hollywood agent?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:19 pm 

Looks like they've updated the specs for Happy Birthday to Me on their site. Very happy to see a Hysteria Continues commentary track on there.
Quote:
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• HD restoration
• Original mono audio
• Alternative 5.1 surround sound track
• Alternative score: experience the film with the controversial re-scored electronic music soundtrack, as used on the 2004 home video re-release
• Audio commentary by the Hysteria Lives! team: Justin Kerswell (author of Teenage Wasteland: The Slasher Movie Uncut) Joseph Henson, Erik Threlfall and Nathan Johnson
• Image gallery: on-set and promotional material
• Original trailer and TV spots
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive 24-page booklet with extracts from the original press kit, advertising and promotion guide, and selected film reviews
• UK Blu-ray premiere
• Limited Dual Format Edition of 5,000 copies

Indicator've also mentioned on social media that they should be able to announce their Q1 2017 titles by the end of the month.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:40 pm 
Dot Com Dom

Haha I love that they included the much-derided alt score as a bonus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:53 pm 

Also, their January and February titles were announced over at Blu-ray.com, and are as follows:

Quote:
JANUARY 23RD

The New Centurions - Richard Fleischer, 1972 (Limited Edition of 3000)
Vampires - John Carpenter, 1998 (Limited Edition of 5000)
Ghosts of Mars - John Carpenter, 2001 (Limited Edition of 5000)

FEBRUARY 20TH

Bunny Lake is Missing - Otto Preminger, 1965 (Limited Edition of 3000)
The Anderson Tapes - Sidney Lumet, 1971 (Limited Edition of 3000)
The Last Detail - Hal Ashby, 1973 (Limited Edition of 3000)

Great to see they managed to get another Fleischer in The New Centurions, and hopefully like Carlotta that means we'll get See No Evil as well in the near future. Not that fussed about the two Carpenters, but might pick them up one day (probably Vampires first). Have already got The Last Detail pre-ordered, and will likely get The Anderson Tapes soon after that (though might depend on extras) and Bunny Lake is Missing is a must-have too.

Looking forward to getting Fat City and The Lady from Shanghai once they have release dates, and may have to get Experiment in Terror too.

Apparently they have some Harryhausen titles coming up, as well as some Hammer ones - I'm expecting box sets for those, though I could of course be wrong. Wouldn't mind a separate edition of Mysterious Island, assuming that's one of the Harryhausen titles they have (or Jason and the Argonauts, but I don't see them adding much to the Sony disc other than the booklet).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:02 am 
Dot Com Dom

I think the New Centurions is their first Blu-ray debut (EDIT: Nope, just came out in France). Hope they hit some of the other "Martini Movies" releases (c'mon Model Shop)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:23 am 

I almost bought Bunny Lake yesterday through the SAE / TT sale.

This aside, I can't recommend The New Centurions enough. It was a tremendous watch from beginning to the end. Great actors, great characters, good direction.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:22 am 

@indicatorseries wrote:
Our slate is Sony-specific in 2017.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:06 am 

While not much more than a PR piece, this interview with John Morrissey provides a few hints at Indicator's current & future plans.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:08 pm 

Although not officially announced, John from Indicator confirmed in an email that they have Hardcore, Mickey One and Wolf.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:08 am 
Dot Com Dom

nitin wrote:
Mickey One

EXCELLENT! This is the first title I thought of when thinking of non-TT Sony titles only out on MOD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:11 am 

nitin wrote:
Although not officially announced, John from Indicator confirmed in an email that they have Hardcore, Mickey One and Wolf.

Add to that list The Big Heat, See No Evil and The Deadly Affair.

Gideon of Scotland Yard is rumoured as well.

All with improved extras, top-notch encoding, and booklets of course.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:48 am 

rapta wrote:
Add to that list See No Evil
Is that the Richard Fleischer film with Mia Farrow?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:53 am 

Yes, it's the Fleischer movie.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:23 pm 

Cool, I'm very much looking forward to that one. The DVD has been OOP in the U.S. for several years now (although it has been pretty cheaply available from sellers), but this will be worth waiting for.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:42 pm 

nitin wrote:
Hardcore, Mickey One

Nuts, though other than a booklet I don't imagine the Schrader will be that much better than the Twilight Time. No more Sony TT titles for me (probably no more TT titles at all, honestly, barring something truly unique/miraculous).

Very much looking forward to the Penn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:06 am 

Just ordered Body Double, Christine, 10 Rillington and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner from Indicator plus The Last Detail from Amazon UK and because of the late February release date of the Pre-Order, they already shipped the ones that are already out. The Last Detail is £12.99 - VAT for people across the ocean, so a bit over £10. Amazon Canada sometimes will hold on to an order for a while due to Pre-Orders, glad the UK counterpart is sensible.

Just thought I'd share. I was pretty excited, looking forward to Body Double the most.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 518 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next