Something Weird Video

Milestone, Flicker Alley, Oscilloscope, Cinema Guild...they're all here.
Gregory

#26 Post by Gregory » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:21 pm

Matt wrote:I think you can't go wrong with The Herschell Gordon Lewis Collection, even if it doesn't include the "Blood" trilogy.
I just realized that one of the ones I neglected to put on the list was the Blood Trilogy set.

bigcat

They still around

#27 Post by bigcat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:25 pm

Anyone received anything from these guys recently? I haven't received anything and its over a month since my order. No response to my email, so I'm starting to get worried.

oldsheperd

Re: Something Weird Video

#29 Post by oldsheperd » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm planning on buying a plethora of SWV titles here soon. ANyone got any recommendations?
Matt, any good hardcore dvd-r's?

Mr Sausage
Not PETA approved

#30 Post by Mr Sausage » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:42 pm

oldsheperd wrote:I'm planning on buying a plethora of SWV titles here soon. ANyone got any recommendations?
Matt, any good hardcore dvd-r's?
There are a ton of recommendations on the first page of this thread.

oldsheperd

#31 Post by oldsheperd » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks, Sausage. I saw a few of those. I actually recommended some of my own on the first page. I just haven't been up on the SWV catalogue in a few years and sites like dvdtalk and digitally obssessed don't have a whole bunch of SWV reviews. I'm hoping SWV released a few gems since my absence.

Grand Wazoo

#32 Post by Grand Wazoo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:27 pm

Basket Case Bluray!

I can't believe I hadn't heard about this before. Never thought I'd see the day...

Also on Blu is Herschel Gordon Lewis' Blood Trilogy
Last edited by Grand Wazoo on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MichaelB

#33 Post by MichaelB » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Grand Wazoo wrote:Basket Case Bluray!

I can't believe I hadn't heard about this before. Never thought I'd see the day...
If they do it properly, I think it's a very very safe bet that the Blu-ray will resolve every last scrap of detail on the original materials - I remember watching it in the cinema when it came out and seriously wondering whether it was shot on Super 8.

Anyway, I'm definitely up for this - the original Something Weird release was fabulous. I particularly liked Henenlotter's confession in the commentary that he didn't realise until they did the DVD transfer that the film would have been cropped in cinemas because he knew nothing about aspect ratios back then and just shot on full-frame 16mm because there didn't seem to be any good reason not to.

joshua

#34 Post by joshua » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:39 pm

It looks like Blu-ray.com has weighed in. Like most things on that site though, it'll probably do you good to skip the writer's opinion on the film itself and go straight to the picture quality section. Personally I can't wait. With Bad Biology, this and Synapse's forthcoming release of Frankenhooker, it looks like Henenlotter is getting the royal HD treatment this year.

zombeaner

#35 Post by zombeaner » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:28 pm

FWIW, I have the Frankenhooker disc in hand and it is easily a solid upgrade. It also ports over all of the extras from the Unearthed DVD. Arrow are working on a Blu-ray for Dec with some more bonus features, but likely the same transfer.

R0lf

#36 Post by R0lf » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:06 pm

After seeing recently that FUEGO was played in a double bill with Losey's BOOM! I've just watched it twice in the last 24hrs.

Extremely entertaining and recommended.

Grand Wazoo

#37 Post by Grand Wazoo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:14 pm

Something Weird recently released a blu double feature of The Wizard of Gore and The Gore Gore Girls.

On July 3rd they are releasing a Doris Wishman triple feature on blu including Deadly Weapons, Double Agent 73, and The Immoral Three. I believe The Immoral Three had only been released on dvd-r previously.

JPJ

#38 Post by JPJ » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:24 am

Don't know if it really matters but if I remember correctly, either Deadly weapons or Double agent was missing some footage on their dvd release.

Some immortal lines from Deadly weapons:
Crystal: "I want to be your wife, not your mistress."

Larry: "You're a successful advertising executive. Beautiful, loads of dough. I'm nothing but trouble baby. Nothing. But. Trouble."

Crystal: "I love you, Larry."

JPJ

#39 Post by JPJ » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:09 am

Swedish Dvd label needs your help:

http://klubbsuper8.com/?p=1275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure they've already contacted SW's Mike Vraney and if he can't dig this up from his warehouse then all the hope might be lost.

Sarno's Sin in the suburbs(available fron SW) is a sleaze masterpiece in my opinion,someone even speculated that it was an influence on Eyes wide shut(the orgy scenes).I think back in the early sixties Kubrick used to see "everything" so it's certainly possible that he saw this one too.