It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2056 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:58 am 

MichaelB wrote:
If I'm not very much mistaken, the Kaurismäki box is damn near complete aside from I Hired a Contract Killer - presumably problematic rightswise as a UK co-production.

But we're not missing much: I enjoyed what Kaurismäki did to my native north London, but it's easily one of his weakest films.

I can't see Guimarães the part of the portuguese portfolio film Centro Historico shared with Pedro Costa Victor Erice and Manoel De Oliveira

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:30 pm 

kekid wrote:
thirtyframesasecond wrote:
charal wrote:
The Malle set has been pushed to July 17

Ah, I assumed something was happening as Malle's stuff is all on Curzon Home Cinema for streaming.

And now pushed to September 11.

And now to 16 October.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:45 pm 

NABOB OF NOWHERE wrote:
I can't see Guimarães the part of the portuguese portfolio film Centro Historico shared with Pedro Costa Victor Erice and Manoel De Oliveira

Late reply here, but: It may just be that the rightsholder won't license it out separately. The Costa segment (Sweet Exorcist) doesn't seem to have been released separately, even though it would've been a natural fit on the Blu/DVD releases of Horse Money. (Costa made the short while shooting the feature, and it's mainly a variation of the climactic elevator scene.) In the U.S., at least, the whole omnibus is available digitally through iTunes and Amazon Video.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:22 am 

I've gone through the MALLE FEATURES box and can report a mixed bag of transfers. Overall quality is good but I cannot help but feel that the black and white films should have a tad more detail. The two early 70s films look great but I still feel more detail could be possible. (I haven't seen the Criterions.) Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't trust AE as to consistent quality control. (I refer you all to the recent Tarkovskys.) MAY FOOLS looks the best of the colour films as does the 16mm DINNER WITH ANDRE which, unlike the 1.66:1 Criterion, is framed fully at 1.33:1

The booklet is very good, it consists mostly of Malle's retrospective comments with few articles by other critics thrown in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:59 pm 

Anyone got the documentaries set? I'll probably grab both though tbh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:21 am 

NABOB OF NOWHERE wrote:

If you're in the UK, Mubi have Centro Histórico available to stream in HD, until 6 December.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2056 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83