Lionsgate: Brigitte Bardot Collection

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
Ashirg

Lionsgate: Brigitte Bardot Collection

#1 Post by Ashirg » Mon May 14, 2007 10:32 pm

Naughty Girl: A romantic comedy about a sexy teenager who moves in with the entertainer at her father's nightclub.

Love on a Pillow: An innocent young woman clings to the abusive alcoholic whose life she saved.

The Vixen: In this offbeat sex comedy, Brigitte Bardot is a secretary seduced by her womanizing boss.

Come Dance with Me: In this comedy/mystery, a wife turns detective to proove her husband is innocent of murder.

Two Weeks in September: A wife is torn between two lovers - her older husband and a much younger man.

List price is 39.98 to be released on August 7 by Lionsgate.

Cinesimilitude

#2 Post by Cinesimilitude » Mon May 14, 2007 11:22 pm

That's going on the birthday list for sure.

batiar

#3 Post by batiar » Tue May 15, 2007 2:33 am

Three of these movies were released earlier by Anchor Bay. Only Two Weeks in September and Love on a Pillow are new

justeleblanc

#4 Post by justeleblanc » Tue May 15, 2007 8:51 am

batiar wrote:Three of these movies were released earlier by Anchor Bay. Only Two Weeks in September and Love on a Pillow are new
I haven't seen the Anchor Bays, but I assume the prints will be better in the Lionsgate box.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#5 Post by domino harvey » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:16 pm

So, has anyone here picked these up? I'd like to hear some comments or even online reviews/screencaps, there's been a lot of silence surrounding the release.

kinjitsu

#6 Post by kinjitsu » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:40 pm

Thus far, only from Dave Kehr:

[quote]Brigitte Bardot Five-Film Collection

It's suggestive that Lionsgate has packaged this collection of five lesser-known films of Brigitte Bardot in the kind of squishy plastic case usually used for children's films. Like Ms. Bardot in her late-1950s and early-'60s prime, the case is inviting and delightful.

Today Ms. Bardot is 72 and lives in relative isolation in the South of France, working for animal rights and supporting the xenophobic politics of her husband, Bernard d'Ormal, an industrialist who has been closely associated with the ultra-right-wing National Front leader Jean-Marie Le Pen.

Although she spoke out during the last French elections, saying, according to Agence France-Presse, “I have never been on a National Front list nor given my support to Mr. Le Pen,â€

Mr Sausage

#7 Post by Mr Sausage » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:35 pm

[quote="Dave Kehr"]But in “Contemptâ€

Ashirg

#8 Post by Ashirg » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:14 am

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#9 Post by domino harvey » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:15 pm

warning from DVDTalk:
Good Information From Dick Dinman, 8.19.07: Hey Glenn, Couldn't reach anyone at Lionsgate so I rented the "new" Bardot collection and found that with the exception of a new Hugh Hefner-hosted (very short!) documentary this is a merely a repackaging of a previously released Anchor Bay collection which I own. I compared the two and found print condition, which is decent, is substantially the same though the bit-rate is much higher on the Anchor Bay versions which have only one film on each disc. Not included in the Lionsgate set is the much longer and far superior documentary that was on the Anchor Bay set, but by far the biggest disappointment for me was the fact that these remain the U.S. French-language versions of each film and not the original French versions. As most of these films originally contained considerably more Bardot skin (for me the only reason to sit through these lame films) this is considerably dispiriting. Cheers, Dick Dinman.

Kinsayder

#10 Post by Kinsayder » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:32 pm

Dick Dinman wrote:I rented the "new" Bardot collection and found that with the exception of a new Hugh Hefner-hosted (very short!) documentary this is a merely a repackaging of a previously released Anchor Bay collection which I own.
I assume he's talking about this OOP Anchor Bay set.

Anchor Bay:
Voulez-vous danser avec moi? (Come Dance with Me, 1959)
Les Femmes (The Vixen, 1969)
Cette sacrée gamine (Naughty Girl, 1956)
La Bride sur le cou (Please Not Now!, 1961)
Brigitte Bardot... Take One (documentary)

Lionsgate:
Voulez-vous danser avec moi? (Come Dance with Me, 1959)
Les Femmes (The Vixen, 1969)
Cette sacrée gamine (Naughty Girl, 1956)
Le Repos du guerrier (Love on a Pillow, 1962)
À coeur joie (Two Weeks in September, 1967)

As far as I'm aware "À coeur joie" is the only title here that's new to R1 (it's in this French Studio Canal set). The Anchor Bay documentary appears to be the same as the one in this Dutch set.