Later this year, new DVD label Mondo Vision will be releasing its debut title, the first ever English-friendly release of Andrzej Zulawski's La Femme publique ("The Public Woman")
Specifications for this release include:
- Digitally restored transfer mastered in high definition progressive video (1.66:1 anamorphic widescreen, dual layer)
- French Dolby Digital 2.0 dual mono audio
- First ever English-language subtitle translation (optional)
- Feature length audio commentary with Andrzej Zulawksi and biographer Daniel Bird (recorded specially for this release)
- Exclusive new interview with Andrzej Zulawski (recorded specially for this release)
- 1984 theatrical trailer
- Image gallery
- DVD-ROM content (original screenplay and high resolution images)
In addition to the standard single-disc release, a limited edition will also be released featuring a bonus CD containing the film's original score, as well as a special commemorative booklet.
Two more Zulawski titles, L'important c'est d'aimer (1975, starring Romy Schneider, Fabio Testi and Klaus Kinski) and L'amour braque (1985, starring Sophie Marceau and Francis Huster), will also be released this year.
There are some very nice screencaps at the link above. Looks like a beauty of a transfer.