MoC Cover Art & Packaging Babble-on

The gossip on MoC. Lists and polls are STRONGLY discouraged.
tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

Re: MoC Cover Art & Packaging Babble-on

#1576 Post by tenia » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:41 am

My bet : the people helping Eureka on those HK releases find this one and didn't check it wasn't original artwork, and people at Eureka trust it.

Adam Grikepelis

#1577 Post by Adam Grikepelis » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:05 am

Well that twitter post’s gone.
I wonder if it’s the same people behind the Screenbound reissue of Blood on Satan’s Claw...or just a similar approach to QC that led to a similar situation with its cover art.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#1578 Post by tenia » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:19 am

Not the same people.
Most likely not the same approach.
Similar results.
But wow the people on Twitter are clearly clueless as to how such a thing can happen and are thoroughly willing to hyperbolingly throw the whole company under the bus.
I will also never understand people who first make it public and only then might reach out to the responsible to see what happened. Hey, let's rant first and only then see if they're actually bad guys !

Adam Grikepelis

#1579 Post by Adam Grikepelis » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:53 am

Sadly, that seems to be the world we live in. The internet’s just helped to fan the flames.

DRW.mov

#1580 Post by DRW.mov » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:56 am

I think anyone who followed the RareHorror controversy on Twitter a few weeks ago knows how strongly people on Twitter feel about supporting artists maligned by brands.

Eureka responded to Tony’s tweet (which is still up) saying that they have now emailed him and it looks like their trying to take the damage control away from Twitter. Hope this gets reasonably resolved.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#1581 Post by tenia » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:47 pm

I trust Eureka for this to be a simple but unfortunate oversight.
However, these Twitter responses don't just show people's choice of support but their cluelessness about the possibility something like this can happen.
I was just reading this morning a similar case that happened to L'avant-scène (famouse French movie mag) on a Godard dossier : they thought the pics they chose to illustrate an article were public : they weren't. But they simply settled the mattee with the photograph, who originally requested the copies to be recalled, and that was it.
And we're talking about a 50+ years magazine, à la Positif or Cahiers du cinema.

So yeah : it happens.

It also is a different situation to me than the Screenbound one, notably because it was detected before the release and Screenbound did pretty much nothing nice for the artist and seemingly never tried to settle this in a helpful manner. Here, Eureka contacted the artist within 12 hours, seemingly to find an agreement (and, I suppose, thoroughly apologise as a sign of good will).