It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:58 am 

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:49 pm
subliminac wrote:
The disk began skipping right around the climactic zero gravity scene and remained unwatchable through the end.


Oh, that's what mine is doing, skipping around the 2-hour mark.


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:44 am 

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:49 pm
Has anyone had issues with Vivre Sa Vie? I notice my player takes an uncharacteristically long time to load that one for some reason, although the feature doesn't appear to have playback issues. The only thing is in the supplements there's a slideshow with an essay, and it doesn't flip through the slides properly, skipping over them occasionally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:27 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:22 am
Location: NYC
rrenault wrote:
Has anyone had issues with Vivre Sa Vie? I notice my player takes an uncharacteristically long time to load that one for some reason, although the feature doesn't appear to have playback issues. The only thing is in the supplements there's a slideshow with an essay, and it doesn't flip through the slides properly, skipping over them occasionally.

Not like this, but mine did brown.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:34 pm 

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:49 am
subliminac wrote:
The disk began skipping right around the climactic zero gravity scene and remained unwatchable through the end.


That's exactly what happened to mine.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:46 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:21 pm
Dear Criterion Forum, I never thought it would happen to me but I just tried watching Summer Hours and it stopped playing about halfway through. I then checked the other discs on the list and I have browning on Walkabout and The Seventh Seal. (Luckily no signs of it on Pierrot le fou nor M)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:05 pm 

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:42 am
Location: US
My copy of "The Lady Vanishes" Blu-ray would not load properly on the last attempt. The big C would appear in the corner and then - just a dark screen indefinitely. It used to play just fine. I have not noticed any discoloration on the surface. Just received a replacement from Criterion a couple of days ago and it plays fine. Wonder if anyone has experienced issues with this disk?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:32 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am
Location: SLC, UT
I just tried mine out. It took quite a while to load actually but eventually seemed to play just fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:31 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:22 am
Location: NYC
swo17 wrote:
I just tried mine out. It took quite a while to load actually but eventually seemed to play just fine.

Same here. It took so long, I thought I might have had a failing disc, but the menu eventually came up and it played fine. I only have an Oppo on hand, and it generally takes some time to load Criterion discs. I used to have a PS3 that was VERY fast with loading any BD, but it was a piece of junk due to a design flaw - died after a year. Anyway, it's hard to say if the Oppo is just slow or if something is amiss with this disc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:38 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:25 pm
I've seen several reports of Lady Vanishes having issues. I dug mine out a year or two ago to see if my copy was okay and at the time it played fine (Oppo also). I don't recall any sluggishness in loading, but then again it was a year or two ago...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am
Location: SLC, UT
Oppo here too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:02 pm 

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:42 am
Location: US
Mine is OPPO is well, but there is no sluggishness whatsoever with the replacement copy Criterion has provided. The old disk, on the contrary, would not proceed further than letter C no matter how long I waited (my patience ran out after 3 minutes :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:58 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:22 am
Location: NYC
It looks like I have yet another problem disc. My copy of Jane Campion's Sweetie freezes and eventually stops playing at 1:20:33. (Skipping ahead just leads to brief stuttering before freezing.)

Pressed on the actual substrate near the inner rim: IFPI L323
Pressed into the clear plastic on the inner hub: IFPI OWYP


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:13 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:01 pm
My copy of Tuesday, After Christmas (DVD) Second Run DVD is browning. Anyone else?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:36 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 1:42 pm
Anyone have problems with Dont Look Back? Can't get my blu-ray disc to load.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:50 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:17 am
Bando wrote:
Anyone have problems with Dont Look Back? Can't get my blu-ray disc to load.

You way want to try the disc on another blu-ray player. Some blu-ray players won't play certain CC discs. The Lady Vanishes plays on my PS3 but not another Sony BR players I own.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:18 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 1:42 pm
ShellOilJunior wrote:
Bando wrote:
Anyone have problems with Dont Look Back? Can't get my blu-ray disc to load.

You way want to try the disc on another blu-ray player. Some blu-ray players won't play certain CC discs. The Lady Vanishes plays on my PS3 but not another Sony BR players I own.

Because we all have multiple BR players hanging around? :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:35 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:01 pm
Quote:
My copy of Tuesday, After Christmas (DVD) Second Run DVD is browning. Anyone else?

Best Customer service ever at Second Run DVD. I got a new copy in two days! Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:02 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:18 am
On a lark, I checked my BDs last night to see if there were any issues. I have M, HOWARDS END, and STAGECOACH, and it would appear that STAGECOACH has skipping issues in "Bucking Broadway". I shot off an email to Mulvaney for help with getting a replacement. If anybody has a definitive timecode or feature in which M skips from browning, please let me know.

I'm mostly just posting to apologize for apparently promising three years ago to keep the list of affected titles updated. At some point, I appear to have not only forgotten about the list, but also that I had shipped my copy of HOWARDS END to be replaced. Either I'm getting old or I'm just stupid.

I also wanted to make a joke about the slipcover to LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD becoming brown from exposure to the elements, but I don't have any pictures. I should remember to ask if they have replacements for those as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:37 am 

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:51 pm
Location: San Francisco
Yaanu wrote:
On a lark, I checked my BDs last night to see if there were any issues. I have M, HOWARDS END, and STAGECOACH, and it would appear that STAGECOACH has skipping issues in "Bucking Broadway". I shot off an email to Mulvaney for help with getting a replacement. If anybody has a definitive timecode or feature in which M skips from browning, please let me know.


Just checked my Stagecoach disc and yep, "Bucking Broadway" is basically unwatchable from 9:40 onward. It skips all the way to around the 43 min mark, and continues to skip after that. Will send Mulvaney an email Monday.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




This site is not affiliated with The Criterion Collection