Criterion Web Site

The scuttlebutt on Criterion, Eclipse, and Janus Films. Lists and polls are STRONGLY discouraged.
swo17

Re: Criterion Web Site

#551 Post by swo17 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:54 am

Feego wrote:A couple more things I noticed. The covers have all been converted to Blu-ray size, meaning that covers for movies that are still DVD only are missing some of the image
Of course, the BD covers were inaccurate on the old version of the site, as they were all in DVD cover dimensions.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#552 Post by tenia » Fri May 04, 2018 11:55 am

Oh, I totally suppose actually not too many people are interested in that, but I wonder what the advantage of the new version is compared to the older one, especially since it doesn't look like there is more elements to load now. So it just seems like a small step backwards on this one, but yeah, probably not many people will regret this a lot. I suspect most people just use the research bar and look for movies this way anyway.

FrauBlucher

#553 Post by FrauBlucher » Fri May 04, 2018 12:06 pm

Well, I guess "less is more" applies here. It'll take a little getting use to.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#554 Post by tenia » Fri May 04, 2018 12:12 pm

FrauBlucher wrote:It'll take a little getting use to.
Most certainly. Just like we got around, in the end, the Arrow revamping (though they have made additional adjustments later on).

What A Disgrace

#555 Post by What A Disgrace » Fri May 04, 2018 12:14 pm

At least my bookmarks to individual titles still seems to work, which is all I need for the inevitable autumn sale.

dda1996a

#556 Post by dda1996a » Mon May 07, 2018 10:02 am

is there any option to view films by categories other than genres? Like for example "avant-garde"? Also I find it harder now to see individual films in bigger box-sets, like for example I can't see now all the films included in the Les Blank box (the link is broken)

FrauBlucher

#557 Post by FrauBlucher » Mon May 07, 2018 5:04 pm

It looks flashy but not really a fan of the functionality. I like searching films through years and decades and I find it less user friendly than the previous site.

Bando

#558 Post by Bando » Tue May 15, 2018 7:56 pm

FrauBlucher wrote:It looks flashy but not really a fan of the functionality. I like searching films through years and decades and I find it less user friendly than the previous site.
Just went to criterion.com for the first time in a while today, and this is pretty much my reaction. Impossible to navigate compared to the old site. Can't figure out where anything is.