It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:09 pm 

Speaking of creepy Paramount titles overdue for a good R1 release, have we had any news, Criterion or otherwise, of a Don't Look Now blu-ray release?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:56 am 

I was reading on one of the other forum's Mr Lime mentioning some deal between Bristol-Myers Squibb and Paramount. He said this deal makes it hard to deal with Paramount because they ask a lot for the licensing rights. This is new to me. Does anyone have any backstory on this and has this affected Criterion in deals with Paramount?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:18 pm 

No, what he meant was that BMS is still asking for a ton of money to license the original Sleuth, Heartbreak Kid and Stepford Wives. They feel they can ask for a ton because Paramount paid them a lot in the early 2000s to license them when they made their remakes. (Although IIRC the Sleuth remake was Sony). So now, any company that tries to license those titles from BMS is confronted with an out of date high licensing cost.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:29 pm 

How did BMS get the rights in the first place?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:12 pm 

I believe Bristol-Myers helped finance those films when they were made by Palomar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32