I Am Belfast

Discuss releases by the BFI and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

rapta

I Am Belfast

#1 Post by rapta » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:47 am

May 23rd
I AM BELFAST (Limited Dual Format Edition)
Film by Mark Cousins

I Am Belfast see's celebrated filmmaker, writer and curator Mark Cousins (6 Desires: DH Lawrence and Sardinia, Here Be Dragons) cast his painterly eye on his home town, the port city Belfast.

Beautifully shot by Christopher Doyle (In the Mood for Love, Rabbit-Proof Fence) and with a powerful soundtrack by the great Northern Irish DJ and composer David Holmes (Ocean's Eleven,'71, Hunger), Cousins' film takes viewers on an emotional journey through the complex and sometimes tragic history of the Northern Irish capital, embodied as a 10,000 year-old woman, compellingly portrayed by Helena Bereen (Hunger, Mo). Interspersing archive material (often detailing the horrors of the Troubles) and newly-filmed footage, I Am Belfast is an impassioned and politically engaged love letter to Cousins' hometown.

Special features
  • Interview with director Mark Cousins
  • Interview with actress Helena Bereen
  • Interview with cinematographer Christopher Doyle
  • Making-of documentary

zedz

Re: I Am Belfast (Cousins)

#2 Post by zedz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:52 pm

rapta wrote:May 23rd
I AM BELFAST (Limited Dual Format Edition)
Film by Mark Cousins

I Am Belfast see's celebrated filmmaker, writer and curator Mark Cousins (6 Desires: DH Lawrence and Sardinia, Here Be Dragons) cast his painterly eye on his home town, the port city Belfast.

Beautifully shot by Christopher Doyle (In the Mood for Love, Rabbit-Proof Fence) and with a powerful soundtrack by the great Northern Irish DJ and composer David Holmes (Ocean's Eleven,'71, Hunger), Cousins' film takes viewers on an emotional journey through the complex and sometimes tragic history of the Northern Irish capital, embodied as a 10,000 year-old woman, compellingly portrayed by Helena Bereen (Hunger, Mo). Interspersing archive material (often detailing the horrors of the Troubles) and newly-filmed footage, I Am Belfast is an impassioned and politically engaged love letter to Cousins' hometown.

Special features
  • Interview with director Mark Cousins
  • Interview with actress Helena Bereen
  • Interview with cinematographer Christopher Doyle
  • Making-of documentary
That's one hell of an apostrophe in the first sentence. Threw me right out of the thread.

Shrew
The Untamed One

#3 Post by Shrew » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:25 pm

I assume they're referring to the favorite celebrated filmmaker of the Holy "I Am Belfast" See.

Swift

#4 Post by Swift » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:27 am

It's a phonetic representation of how Cousins would actually say the word "sees".

MichaelB

Re: I Am Belfast

#5 Post by MichaelB » Thu May 19, 2016 7:16 am

Full specs announced:
I Am Belfast
A film by Mark Cousins
With music by David Holmes

I Am Belfast sees celebrated filmmaker, writer and curator Mark Cousins (The Story of Film: An Odyssey, A Story of Children and Film, Atomic: Living in Dread and Promise) cast his painterly eye on his hometown, the port city of Belfast.

After its recent cinema opening, I Am Belfast will be released on Blu-ray and DVD in a Dual Format Edition by the BFI on 20 June 2016. Special features include a making-of documentary and interviews with Mark Cousins, actress Helena Bereen and renowned cinematographer Christopher Doyle.

Beautifully shot by Christopher Doyle (In the Mood for Love, Rabbit-Proof Fence) and with a powerful soundtrack by the great Northern Irish musician and composer David Holmes (Ocean’s Eleven, ’71, Hunger), Cousins’ film takes viewers on an emotional journey through the complex and sometimes tragic history of the Northern Irish capital, which is embodied as a 10,000-year-old woman, compellingly portrayed by Helena Bereen (Hunger, Mo).

Interspersing archive material (often detailing the horrors of the Troubles) with newly filmed footage, I Am Belfast is an impassioned and politically engaged love-letter to Cousins’ hometown.

Special features
The Making of I Am Belfast (Timo Langer, 2015, 14 mins)
• A Conversation with Mark Cousins (2015, 14 mins)
• A Conversation with Helena Bereen (2015, 11 mins)
• A Conversation with Christopher Doyle (2015, 10 mins)
I Am Belfast: A Cinematic Walk with Mark Cousins (Takeover Film, 2016, 18 mins)
• Original trailer
• Illustrated booklet with new writing by Mark Cousins and Ian Christie, and full film credits

Product details
RRP: £19.99/ Cat. no. BFIB1251 / Cert 15
UK / 2015 / colour, black and white / English language, with optional hard-of-hearing subtitles / 84 mins / original aspect ratio 1:78:1 // BD50: 1080p, 24fps, LPCM 2.0 audio / 5.1 DTS-HD master audio (48kHz/24-bit) / DVD9: PAL, Dolby Digital 2.0 audio / Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound (192kbps)

manicsounds

#6 Post by manicsounds » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:03 am

manicsounds

#7 Post by manicsounds » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:38 am

manicsounds

#8 Post by manicsounds » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:51 am