It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:16 pm 

Just done the same thing and luckily my box set was OK.

But I'm familiar with the problem since I've lost several other Warner DVDs, mainly from Warner Gangsters Collection. But the most painful loss was my TCM Archives: Lon Chaney Collection which I couldn't afford a new one.

BTW, while checking out my Val Lewton box, I had to admit that now they look messy on my new TV. Damn it, Criterion. You and your missed opportunities.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:44 pm 
Dot Com Dom

This is a common problem with all Warners DVDs. It's random, and could hit any DVD you have from them. One copy of a title will be fine, and another effected. If you own a lot of Warner DVDs you haven't checked lately, I guarantee you have a couple that have succumbed in the interim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 pm 

Do any of the Blus have the same problem, or is it just the DVDs?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:25 pm 

domino harvey wrote:
This is a common problem with all Warners DVDs. It's random, and could hit any DVD you have from them. One copy of a title will be fine, and another effected. If you own a lot of Warner DVDs you haven't checked lately, I guarantee you have a couple that have succumbed in the interim
According to my database, I have about 420 Warners DVD "products", PAL & NTSC, including lots of "themed" and "actor" boxed sets and TV series. I haven't watched any of them since I bought them. I'll put a thorough check on my "to do" list, after "watch the extras" and "listen to the commentaries". :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:08 pm 

And is the problem with PAL discs as well? My Warner discs are a mixture of NTSC and PAL... (including the ostensible subject of this thread)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:28 pm 
Dot Com Dom

I have not heard of it impacting any Blus from Warners. I don't know about UK releases either, but I'd bet they were pressed not at whatever factory messed these up for Warners stateside, so hopefully uneffected

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6