The Road to Wellville - quality of versions?

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
Royhati

The Road to Wellville - quality of versions?

#1 Post by Royhati » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:50 pm

The North American NTSC Road to Wellville appears to be out of print.
I am considering purchasing a used DVD of the NTSC or a new/used PAL. But I will pass if the visual quality of the transfers is poor.

Has anyone seen the DVDs from South Korea or Greece? How was the quality?
Or if anyone has information about any of the other DVD (or Blu-Ray) versions out there, preferibly with an English audio track or English subtitles, please comment.

(I realize that this film has had few admirers. I am only asking about the quality of the DVDs here.)

pet42

Re: The Road to Wellville - quality of versions?

#2 Post by pet42 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:06 pm

There is a Blu-ray available in Germany (amazon.de link: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XJJJK5H8).
According to the thread on blu-ray.com for this Blu-ray it has English audio but no subtitles and is region B locked.

MoonlitKnight

#3 Post by MoonlitKnight » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:59 pm

The U.S. DVD was in pan-n-scan, just to forewarn you. It's a strange little film for sure. I like most of Alan Parker's works. Still (im)patiently waiting for "Bugsy Malone" to get a R1 release. ](*,)

Royhati

#4 Post by Royhati » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:26 pm

pet42 wrote:There is a Blu-ray available in Germany (amazon.de link: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XJJJK5H8).
According to the thread on blu-ray.com for this Blu-ray it has English audio but no subtitles and is region B locked.
Thanks for the tip. I wonder what the quality is of the transfer. Sadly, the Blu-ray formatting doesn't guarantee it will be good.

Royhati

#5 Post by Royhati » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:27 pm

MoonlitKnight wrote:The U.S. DVD was in pan-n-scan, just to forewarn you. It's a strange little film for sure. I like most of Alan Parker's works. Still (im)patiently waiting for "Bugsy Malone" to get a R1 release. ](*,)
Bugsy Malone was previously released in R1. I rented it from Netflix maybe 5 years ago.