Worst DVD covers... ever!

Discuss North American DVDs and Blu-rays or other DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
der_Artur

#51 Post by der_Artur » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:50 pm

Well, "Sticky" does not appear in the first episode of the saga, which stars Jennifer Aniston, but in the sixth, entitled, there would have been no other possibility, "Leprechaun, back 2 da Hood".
(At least, "Sticky" has recorded a rather good Hip-Hop album, so he is not a complete disaster.)

jesus the mexican boi

#52 Post by jesus the mexican boi » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:55 pm

Now, ya'll don't be hatin' on my boi Sticky Fingaz.

Actually, he's quite memorable as, well, a rapper on FX's THE SHIELD. Best episode: Sticky and a rival rapper get locked in a trailer overnight to battle it out ultimate-fighting-style and end their feud.

His homeboy Fredro Starr (like Sticky Fingaz, Fredro was in the rap ensemble Onyxx; you may remember their breakout 90s anthem "Slam!" featuring members of the heavymetal group Biohazard) has also turned to acting. Most memorable in Forest Whitaker's "Strapped."

The Invunche

#53 Post by The Invunche » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:54 am

Slam! duuh duuh duuh, duuh duuh duuh let the boys be boys!

godardslave

#54 Post by godardslave » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:15 am

The Invunche wrote:Slam! duuh duuh duuh, duuh duuh duuh let the boys be boys!
my thoughts exactly. 8-)

Gregory

#55 Post by Gregory » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:44 pm

Why did they put an evil little face on the tiny image of the son's pillow-cased head in the father's eye? What an ugly and inappropriate cover.
[/img]

lord_clyde

#56 Post by lord_clyde » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:10 am

Why does she have a gun? And could somebody please tell me where this part in the movie is, because I've watched it twice and don't remember it.

Bad cover for a bad Bond film. Come to think of it none of the Bond covers are very good.

Funny how Memento is almost as big as the film's actual title. At least the cover is shiny.

Nihonophile

#57 Post by Nihonophile » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:04 am

lord_clyde wrote: Why does she have a gun? And could somebody please tell me where this part in the movie is, because I've watched it twice and don't remember it.
umm...It's from a promotional photograph, I explained this to someone else on the board who also seemed angry that HVe put this photograph on the cover. However how'd does that make it the worst cover ever?

lord_clyde

#58 Post by lord_clyde » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:49 am

Not the worst cover ever, and to be fair a gun toting bikini clad Asian babe could liven up any dvd cover. I just don't think it's a very good representation of the film contained therein.

lord_clyde

#59 Post by lord_clyde » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:52 am

Hmmm, and looking back at my original post I can see my attempt at sarcasm failed miserably. I didn't mean that I really wanted somebody to tell me where that scene was in the film (I'm well aware it doesn't exist), but it sure sounds like I was.

Nihonophile

#60 Post by Nihonophile » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:24 pm

lord_clyde wrote:Hmmm, and looking back at my original post I can see my attempt at sarcasm failed miserably. I didn't mean that I really wanted somebody to tell me where that scene was in the film (I'm well aware it doesn't exist), but it sure sounds like I was.
:) opps my bad too

dx23

#61 Post by dx23 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:45 pm

Besides featuring the skanky Paris Hilton in a bad photoshop as its marketing tool, I was appalled by the way this movie was promoted in magazines like Blender and FHM:
Barnun describes the film as "a modern day Shakespearean tragedy, kind of like "American Pie" meets "Pulp Fiction" with a dash of "A Clockwork Orange".

Amazing. :roll:

emcflat

#62 Post by emcflat » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:41 pm

I hate this one particularly, and also:

Of the three covers this movie has had this is the ugliest one (on the best release of course.)

Gordon

#63 Post by Gordon » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:15 am

Ugh. This movie is so offensive on every level. Why does it exist? Awful. The nadir of modern American Cinema. Barf.

pianocrash

#64 Post by pianocrash » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:38 pm

Terry Crews made that film somewhat watchable, but that color scheme can't be helped! Talk about all over the place.

I laffed.

Steven H

#65 Post by Steven H » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:43 pm

I can't imagine that there are actually Paris Hilton "fans" out there. That cover's making my IBS flare up.

justeleblanc

#66 Post by justeleblanc » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:39 pm

It's maybe the worst cover in my DVD collection.

cbernard

#67 Post by cbernard » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:36 pm

snucker wrote:did someone amputate her arm? where is it?
I'll give you three guesses.

dekadetia
was Born Innocent

#68 Post by dekadetia » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:52 pm

[Deleted - not "worst" enough]
Last edited by dekadetia on Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Alonzo the Armless

#69 Post by Alonzo the Armless » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:22 pm

I saw this at Target yesterday and was stupified at what an ugly cover it has. I thought of this thread immediately.

cdnchris
Site Admin

#70 Post by cdnchris » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:46 pm

Alonzo the Armless wrote:I saw this at Target yesterday and was stupified at what an ugly cover it has. I thought of this thread immediately.
Yeah, I own it and even the spine uglifies my shelf.

mbalson

#71 Post by mbalson » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:50 am

You people are freaks if you think some of these more recently posted covers are the "worst dvd covers . . ever!".
I think the point is that you should only post a cover when it's so bad you can laugh at it. These on the other hand are just being posted because some of you people are bored.

dekadetia
was Born Innocent

#72 Post by dekadetia » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:09 am

mbalson wrote:You people are freaks if you think some of these more recently posted covers are the "worst dvd covers . . ever!".
I think the point is that you should only post a cover when it's so bad you can laugh at it. These on the other hand are just being posted because some of you people are bored.
You're right. I'll delete mine. :|

Alonzo the Armless

#73 Post by Alonzo the Armless » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:01 am

mbalson wrote:You people are freaks if you think some of these more recently posted covers are the "worst dvd covers . . ever!".
The title of this thread isn't Bad Movie Covers You Laugh At. It's simply Worst DVD Covers Ever and the ones posted apply. Very few of the ones in the thread bring a smile or chuckle, but almost all of them catch my attention with how ugly they are I. I still find them fascinating. Sorry if that makes me a freak.

The Invunche

#74 Post by The Invunche » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:46 am

Lets ban people posting covers that don't meat mbalson's criteria.

zedz

#75 Post by zedz » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:37 pm

. . . so you can all recalibrate your bad taste meters.

Even at a barrel-scraping bargain-basement price I didn't dare buy this. The film looks to be just about as bad as the cover.

What you can't see . . . can kill you!