It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 781 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:22 pm 

It isn't as though Dougie/Coop has no agency at all. When he was threatened by Ike he stood his ground ably enough, suggesting at the very least he has an instinct for threats. Granted, Janey-E's full frontal attack was possibly more nuanced than Ike's, but we also have to consider she was wearing red shoes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:43 pm 

Just as unsurprising are the number of people queuing up with long explanations as to why the question of consent is somehow immaterial because "it's fiction" and "they're married."

I personally found the way Maclachlan played the scene with that goofy grin and the exaggerated arm-flapping funny at first, but the gestalt of the sequence (like much of the rest of this episode) felt profoundly sad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:54 pm 

oh yeah wrote:
What is so inherently absurd about this? It was a misjudged, gross scene. We have no reason to believe he could consent. Again, I must say: imagine the reaction if the genders were reversed.

Tired of this particular double-standard and this is all I will be saying on the matter

It's aburd because it's incorrect. Apparently no one has been paying much attention to what abilities Coop actually retains in this state. If this was any sort of threat even if subtle he would have picked up on it either way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:36 pm 

Herman Cain is bizarrely posting Twin Peaks screenshots to unrelated articles on his website.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:54 pm 

Honestly, while Part 10 was difficult to watch and digest, I've come to appreciate most of it a lot more now as it's churned in my head for a day. In particular, I really love that crazy scene where Cole opens his hotel room door, ostensibly to Albert... I think that's got to be one of the most beautiful and disturbing things Lynch has done in recent years! It's got that slightly "off" or uncanny quality to it which only makes it all the more eerie and affecting. At first I was so caught off guard by that "off"-ness that I didn't know what to think but now I can't get that scene out of my mind.

jindianajonz wrote:
Herman Cain is bizarrely posting Twin Peaks screenshots to unrelated articles on his website.

Some clues here in an odd piece about Bernie dancing to some Peaks music: "But if you've read this site for long, one thing you know is that Herman somehow managed to pick two massive Twin Peaks and David Lynch fans to write here."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:09 pm 

This artist has made unofficial posters for every episode of the reboot so far. This is the album that'll be updated as he goes. They're stunning.

Some samples:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 781 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32