Law and Order

Discuss TV shows old and new.
tarpilot

Re: Law and Order

#51 Post by tarpilot » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanks for the assist!
domino harvey wrote:"Gemini" (Season 3, Episode 2) Man tries to Aryan-ize himself via a series of murders
:shock: Just watched this; what a bizarre episode of television. There's almost a great tragic Noir in there (it actually kinda reminded me of Steve Sekely's awesomely insane The Scar)

lacritfan
Life is one big kevyip

#52 Post by lacritfan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:46 pm

tarpilot wrote:Figured here would be a good place to ask: can anyone recommend me episodes from any of the series' iterations that deal in any way with cults, fringe groups, or esoteric religions? Anything from neo-Nazis (Chris Cooper, racist superlawyer) to eps "not based on" Scientology (the fake-Jeremy Blake/Theresa Duncan outing) would apply.

Thanks!
I don't know if you're still interested :
CI - The Healer (Season 5, Episode 18) has to do with voodoo and
SVU - Raw (Season 7, Episode 6) with Marcia Gay Harden is a great, beefy Neo-Nazi episode

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#53 Post by domino harvey » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:44 pm

So this is OOP and fetching ridic prices on Amazon Marketplace but plenty of eBay sellers have it for around $250, a very reasonable price for twenty seasons of immensely rewatchable TV! I can't vouch for every seller who has this for cheap, but I can say that I ordered from the user a_fistful_of_dvds and my copy was the real deal. Now, to slowly work my way through this set until the day I die...

flyonthewall2983

#54 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:48 pm

A complete Blu-ray set would probably be improbable if not ludicrously expensive, but if they put out a sort of "greatest hits" of L&O episodes I think I'd be game for it. Original of course, don't care much for the spin-offs.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#55 Post by domino harvey » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Brandon Bird has started a Kickstarter to create a sweet Jerry Orbach-adorned ride, with lots of car-themed extras for donating, like a Jerry Orbach keychain or this very useful placard:

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#56 Post by domino harvey » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:53 am

Just to reiterate what I said eight years ago in this thread, the early seasons of Criminal Intent remain compulsively rewatchable. I'm rounding the corner on season four after spending the last eight or so months gradually revisiting the series. I couldn't remember which season had Jamey Sheridan in a fuckin badass eyepatch so I was super pumped when that look finally showed up in the last couple eps. I never watched past season four but since Rene Balcer was around for the fifth season I've picked it up. He was really quite a Sorkin-type influence on the show-- he has a writing credit for every episode he oversaw!

I forgot how many wonderful actors in their waning years Criminal Intent snagged in those early years-- Claire Bloom and Joel Grey especially give great, bombastic perfs in their respective episodes. The show also had a knack for casting comedic actors in serious roles, like Jim Gaffigan and Stephen Colbert