Stranger Things

Discuss TV shows old and new.
Andre Jurieu

Re: Stranger Things

#101 Post by Andre Jurieu » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:50 pm

As S2 dragged on, Mike and Eleven just grew more insufferable. Plus - as with almost all 2nd seasons - the additional characters didn't really improve anything. (Hyperbole follows)It was like they threw in a handful of Poochies all at once.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#102 Post by domino harvey » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:54 pm

I’m with y’all on season two, but it’s been my IRL experience that no one I know or meet feels the same way, so I wouldn’t ascribe our own minority exhaustion to this announcement— and right on cue, it is blowing up social media as we speak

Persona

#103 Post by Persona » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:39 pm

S2 definitely kind of stretched me thin (and I didn't really love S1--but did binge it, like everyone did). The episode where Samwise Gamgee plays the hero was pretty good, though.

Murdoch

#104 Post by Murdoch » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:18 pm

mfunk9786 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:40 am
Did anyone get all the way through Season 2 who is eagerly anticipating Season 3? If they'd left the first season as a standalone I would have been excited for new anthology seasons of this show, but as it stands, Season 2 was a big step down and very forgettable, which makes this feel like too little too late for the series as a whole now that the kid actors are almost adults.
I wasn't very impressed by the last season. I'm only sticking around because I've heard the Duffer brothers only plan on doing four seasons. I'm at a point with TV where a short run is a selling point for me.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#105 Post by domino harvey » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Discussion of watching TV moved here

Boosmahn

#106 Post by Boosmahn » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:15 pm

Finished episode four of season two and definitely agree that it isn't as good as the first (so far).
SpoilerShow
As soon as Mike and Max were in the same room together with Eleven loose in the school, I knew exactly where they were going -- and couldn't have found myself more disappointed.
The teen drama is a lot more heavyhanded this time around as well.