It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:02 am 

ImageImage

IN SPACE NO ONE CAN EAT ICE CREAM…

Clowns can be terrifying at the best of times – especially when they’re Killer Klowns from Outer Space! When Mike and his girlfriend Debbie turn up at the local police station warning that a gang of homicidal alien clowns have arrived in the town of Crescent Grove, the cops are naturally sceptical. Talk of popcorn-firing guns and a spaceship shaped like a circus tent out in the woods hardly helps to convince them.

Before long, however, reports start coming in from anxious locals reporting similar run-ins with the colourfully-dressed, large shoe-wearing assailants. There can no longer be any doubt - the Killer Klowns from Outer Space are here and they’re out to turn the population into candy floss!

The sole directorial effort from the Chiodo brothers – the special effects team behind such hits as Critters and Team America: World PoliceKiller Klowns from Outer Space is the wacky 1988 horror comedy classic against which all other knowing B-movie efforts should be measured. So, in the words of the film’s opening theme song, hop aboard the “nightmare merry-go-round” and brace yourself for a cinematic experience unparalleled in this galaxy!

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

High definition digital transfer

Audio Commentary with the Chiodo Brothers

The Making of Killer Klowns – a 20-minute featurette comprising interviews and behind-the-scenes footage

Komposing Klowns – interview with composer John Massari

Visual Effects with Gene Warren Jr.

Kreating Klowns – with Charles Chiodo and creature fabricator Dwight Roberts

Chiodo Brothers' Earliest Films - a look back on the first Chiodo Brothers’ productions

2 Deleted Scenes with Director’s Commentary

Killer Bloopers

Klown Auditions

Theatrical Trailer

Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork to be revealed!

Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film

Dual-format release: August 2th

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:42 am 

So, uhh. Only the booklet is added on over the US MGM bluray? Will anything else be added? I know the MGM was very stacked, but I would have thought something new could have been added to otherwise bring over buyers (I was all ready to list my blu for sale).

As much as I like the steelbook and would appreciate the booklet + having an actual menu on the disc, I guess I'll hold on to my MGM blu.

-Also, might Arrow be able to fix the Sync issues as reported on the MGM bluray (17mins-18mins)?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:44 pm 

It appears that my complaints have been heard. Some new bonus features have been added:

Quote:
Bringing Life to These Things – A Tour of Chiodo Bros. Productions
Tales of Tobacco: A brand new interview with star Grant Cramer
Debbie's Big Night: A brand new interview with star Suzanne Snyder
Image Gallery
Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Starburst critic Joel Harley, illustrated with original archive stills and posters.
Any news about the sync issues being fixed or not?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:08 pm 

They've been fixed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:20 am 

DVDactive review

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:25 pm 

According to you know who, Arrow is working on a 4K remaster of Killer Klowns from Outer Space