Polish Cinema on DVD

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
Calvin

Re: Polish Cinema on DVD

#701 Post by Calvin » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:45 am

I hadn't thought of that Michael, but you're probably right. I thought masters for TV were a thing of the past now, but if Polish TV stations are still an important outlet for films of this vintage then that's no bad thing at all. I would still rather have a 1080p24 transfer, but both Ashes and The Promised Land looked great despite the shortcomings on paper.

Are all of the Zebra Wajda Blu-Rays of a similar quality, or are there any to avoid?

MichaelB

#702 Post by MichaelB » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:49 am

I've only dipped into most of them, but they seem much of a muchness quality-wise. I'm assuming the ones that I didn't buy - Man of Marble, Man of Iron, The Promised Land etc. - are broadly identical to what's already been released; they'll certainly be from the same restorations.

Calvin

#703 Post by Calvin » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:12 pm

Thanks, that's good to hear. Any thoughts on Chronicle of Amorous Accidents or The Shadow Line as films? I can't find any prior discussion about them on here, but was wondering whether anyone would recommend them.