Jacques Rivette on DVD and BD

Discuss internationally-released DVDs and Blu-rays or other international DVD and Blu-ray-related topics.
tout va bien

Re: Jacques Rivette on DVD

#176 Post by tout va bien » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:20 pm

Calvin wrote:The Nun is being released on Blu-Ray in Japan this August
Has anyone bought this?

justeleblanc

Re: Jacques Rivette on DVD and BD

#177 Post by justeleblanc » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Anyone have any news/updates on NYer's Celine & Julie Blu release?

The Fanciful Norwegian

#178 Post by The Fanciful Norwegian » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:12 pm

I don't see any reason to think New Yorker even exists anymore, except maybe as a rights administrator for an increasingly shrinking subset of their back catalog. As far as I can tell the last official word we got on this was in 2013, but they've released absolutely nothing, in theaters or on video, in the four years since, and their website (which stuck around for a while with no updates) is dead.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#179 Post by domino harvey » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Rosenbaum said in his AMA not to expect his extras to ever see the light of day and expressed doubt the film would ever be released via NYer

hearthesilence

Re:

#180 Post by hearthesilence » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:51 pm

evillights wrote:
justeleblanc wrote:For what it's worth, the NGA screened the full version in December for free. I'm trying to contact the French Embassy to see if they would be up for hosting yet another screening of the film. Maybe a Joan retrospective.
That would be marvelous. They could call it "JEANNE (IN FOUR MASTERPIECES" —

-'Jeanne la pucelle' by Jacques Rivette
-'Jeanne au bûcher' by Roberto Rossellini
-'La Passion de Jeanne d'Arc' by Carl Theodor Dreyer
-'Procès de Jeanne d'Arc' by Robert Bresson

— obviously.

Anyway, I would imagine the UK 'L'Amour par terre' on DVD will be the complete version, given the master, etc. It will be nice to have it with subtitles. It is a truly great film. (At least in its full form, which of course is all that matters — I've never seen the shortened version.)

craig.
A Joan of Arc retrospective is actually going on right now at Quad Cinema. First part of Jeanne la pucelle just ended, second one starts in ten minutes - both in their complete versions, in 35mm as well.

Cinephile1

#181 Post by Cinephile1 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:41 am

If anybody knows anything about a future DVD/BD release of «L’Amour fou» (1969), please kindly let me know, thanks!
Last edited by Cinephile1 on Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cinephile1

#182 Post by Cinephile1 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:34 pm

Not sure what is the exact policy here re posting links to piracy-related websites, however, out of the blue, «L’Amour fou» (1969) just popped out now on a very famous video-sharing website, subtitled in English.

Cinephile1

#183 Post by Cinephile1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:53 am

Cinephile1 wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:34 pm
Not sure what is the exact policy here re posting links to piracy-related websites, however, out of the blue, «L’Amour fou» (1969) just popped out now on a very famous video-sharing website, subtitled in English.
Hoping that it is also fine to post this here: In case anybody is interested, I know someone selling booleg DVDs of this film (and of a great many others that never saw light on authorized home video releases) with covers, artworks, and all, feel free to DM me if interested, I received my copy today.