It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:26 pm 

Almost everything seemed to be on sale, at least during the first hour. Pretty much every big name title, and they even had (limited edition) copies of Alfredo Garcia for I think 12 quid, at least one edition of Withnail & I, and of course Matinee.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:41 pm 

Ordered all three Woody Allen sets for 25 quids each, nice!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:48 pm 

Titles disappearing left right and centre but I got in early for The Glass Key, My Twentieth Century, The Sorrow and the Pity and Terror in a Texas Town for £7.99 each. Also had The City of the Dead and Jamaica Inn in my sights but both quickly disappeared whilst I was browsing the sale, and was about to order the Taviani set about half an hour ago but it has since gone too.

I got the Joshua Oppenheimer DVD instead as a consolation, something I was meaning to get on release. Hopefully Taviani is in one of the next sales again - this is the third time I've hesitated on that set and missed out!

Going to use all my saved points on The Apartment later this week. Only holding off to see if the HMV price comes down to something more sensible and/or whether Arrow decide to add more stock to this sale. Would've pre-ordered Carrie but it's now OOS via Arrow.

tenia wrote:
perkizitore wrote:
Nikkatsu Vol.2 and Matinee were definitely gone from my cart, plus the two Veronica Lake films are conspicuously absent from the sale!

I think The Glass Key was included early in the sale, so I guess it’s another one whose pressing is now gone.

I don't think it's anything to do with pressings, just moving all their stock to a new warehouse - presumably for the new website launch - and putting some excess stock on sale. Titles that were bound to not be that popular have gone already, so it's probably just a few dozen units of some titles and 100+ of others.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:54 pm 

eerik wrote:

Where are you seeing all three? Because a few hours ago when I put in my order only the first one was showing up for me (same now).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:01 pm 

Memory's hazy because I wasn't interested in them thanks to earlier Twilight Time acquisitions, but it looked like every Woody Allen title was part of the sale when it first launched.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:07 pm 

kuzine wrote:
eerik wrote:

Where are you seeing all three? Because a few hours ago when I put in my order only the first one was showing up for me (same now).

They were all available earlier this afternoon when I placed my order, sorry for not being clear about the time in my previous post. Sadly you must have missed out on them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:09 pm 

The second and third box sets sold out quite quickly. Some on Blu-ray.com pointed out they might've fallen prey to scalpers listing them for up to twice as much on eBay. Shame, really. I personally plan on picking the standalone titles up one-by-one, but probably not all of them (same with Fassbinder).

If you can't find a title on the store, chances are it's just Temporarily Out of Stock rather than Out of Print entirely, as they're simply moving stock to the new warehouse for their new website (and web store). The only titles I can think of that have gone entirely are The Taisho Trilogy and Carrie, both of which are available from other retailers but may go OOP very soon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:11 pm 

A Fish Called Wanda and the aforementioned Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia have both disappeared from the sale as well. Shame as both had new 4k transfers from the OCN done exclusively for Arrow.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:50 pm 

This sale has really pissed me off, I hope Arrow doesn't continue this tactic of removing stuff mid-sale (unless something goes OOP)! Also, it messes up my wishlist, I have to re-add them when they appear again on the site.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:57 pm 

It’s my understanding they sold out...

When I wrote them, they said-“They'll be back when we're set up at our new warehouse. This was limited stock available at special prices.”

I’d like to know if this sale will be a regular thing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:14 pm 

This isn't a normal sale, it's only to clear out warehouse space and reduce moving costs. They're presumably going to launch the new site before the next sale over the Holiday period.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:28 pm 

This sale was kind of a crapshoot for me. I checked it out early but had to get to work, couldn’t get back to it until lunch and most everything I wanted was gone.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:04 am 

Luke M wrote:
This sale was kind of a crapshoot for me. I checked it out early but had to get to work, couldn’t get back to it until lunch and most everything I wanted was gone.

You just described my experience exactly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:37 am 

Does anyone know if Deadly Blessing still comes with a booklet?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21