Where's My Arrow Order?

News on Arrow Video releases.

Moderators: MichaelB, yoloswegmaster

exidor

Re: Where's My Arrow Order?

#176 Post by exidor » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:32 pm

Charles wrote:It's the 19th working day since Arrow's 1/15 shipment.
Shipment email. I thought it was generally accepted that they didn't actually go out until 1/20 due to the packaging snafu.

ALLCAPSAREBASTARDS

#177 Post by ALLCAPSAREBASTARDS » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:46 pm

I got mine! Praise the mail gods.

I also got the Yoshida set today, which I ordered back in October (from Amazon.co.uk to Lima, Perú).

big ticket

#178 Post by big ticket » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:57 pm

Charles wrote:This is just sickening.

It's the 19th working day since Arrow's 1/15 shipment. Saturdays of course are delivery days here, so add a few more delivery days to that. Tomorrow marks a "whole four-week month" since shipment. This is unprecedented.

I'll be sending a followup note to Nicole, who'd asked me to hold on till yesterday. But she'd also referenced the required 14 working days in her reply to me on what was actually the 15th working day. That's not a complaint, I'm sure she's crazy with this stuff. I just know I can't order another limited edition from Arrow under these circumstances.

I'm even starting to wonder about Amazon UK, from whom I have a 1/23 shipment out there someplace. Today marks 14 working days, or almost three weeks, for that one. This is purely anecdotal, but I am positive my typical in-transit time from either company has been a week to a week-and-a-half -- two at the outside, and that's not often.

EDIT: Deleted an erroneous reference to potential Sunday deliveries, irrelevant here.
I'm sitting here under the exact same circumstances, with the bolded being the key. Now, if the set arrives tomorrow, I'm sure my excitement and the box's impressive nature will assuage my feelings, but if Monday comes around and kicks off week five of checking my porch four times a day, I don't think it's unfair to assume that Arrow will be losing a customer or two.
exidor wrote:
Charles wrote:It's the 19th working day since Arrow's 1/15 shipment.
Shipment email. I thought it was generally accepted that they didn't actually go out until 1/20 due to the packaging snafu.
As I believe Charles inferred, and as I experienced as well straight from Nicole's [fingers], some of us were explicitly informed that the packages had indeed been dispatched on the 15 of January...and this correspondence had occurred after other forum mates had confirmed their own belated 1/20 dispatch date.

Not quite Rivettian, but perhaps a bit poetic, the physical journey these films are taking to get to some of us...

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#179 Post by domino harvey » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:03 pm

My set finally showed up! Presumably the delay was due to some post office distro center's in-house football league not wanting to part with their makeshift ball

knives

#180 Post by knives » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:12 pm

I hope that doesn't indicate any real damage. The set is pretty sturdy so it is hard to imagine it getting injured without deliberation.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#181 Post by domino harvey » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Thankfully Arrow's copious use of bubble wrap saved the day and the set itself arrived in perfect condition! And with the long holiday weekend, a perfect timeframe to watch it all too. Best of luck to those still waiting, I feel for you / was you til today

kristophers

#182 Post by kristophers » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:00 pm

domino harvey wrote:My orders from Amazon.co.uk used to take six days, like clockwork, up until the last couple months.
I've noticed a change as well, the usual week to 10 days has turned into a solid 2 weeks.

My Rivette set also arrived looking exactly like yours. It's to Arrow's credit the actual item was in fine condition, though. I was very surprised/relieved. If the delay was so that they could buy a shit ton of bubble wrap then I'm fine with how long it took to get to me, because the USPS obviously treated the thing like a hot potato.

TMDaines

#183 Post by TMDaines » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:54 pm

I sent a boxset to Texas from the UK on about 18th Jan and it still apparently has not arrived, so something seems to be up with transatlantic packages.

Arrow

#184 Post by Arrow » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:21 pm

I certainly wouldn't stop buying Arrow products because of the post, my Amazon UK orders have taken almost a month on several occasions recently.

jedgeco

Re: The Jacques Rivette Collection

#185 Post by jedgeco » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:31 pm

Ok, I just received my Audition steelbook, which Arrow just shipped last week, and still haven't received Rivette after almost a month. It's like they're trying to fuck with me.

charal

#186 Post by charal » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:51 pm

I emailed Nicole on Thursday the 4th to let her know 14 business days had passed and she sent another copy which arrived today, exactly 1 week later. I did ask for it to be sent via a trackable method and she kindly sent it Royal Mail international (unsigned) which is a prority service. She did not ask me to wait. My original order was shipped on the 15th with a 22nd customs date on the box. (By the way: my original order arrived last Saturday as well.)

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#187 Post by swo17 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:02 pm

Just received my Rivette set today.

kekid

#188 Post by kekid » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:34 pm

I got mine too.

Donald Brown

#189 Post by Donald Brown » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:53 pm

It's far too early for anyone to panic and ask for a replacement. You'll end up with two sets and be hurting Arrow.

neal

#190 Post by neal » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:10 am

They must have started using mine as the ball when Domino's deflated. Nothing here still...

TMDaines

#191 Post by TMDaines » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:29 am

Donald Brown wrote:It's far too early for anyone to panic and ask for a replacement. You'll end up with two sets and be hurting Arrow.
Try telling that to eBay who have already refunded my buyer...

AidanKing

#192 Post by AidanKing » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:39 am

I think something is amiss with transatlantic post. I'm still awaiting the latest issue of Cinema Scope, which was sent from Canada in December.

Charles

Where's My Arrow Order?

#193 Post by Charles » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:09 am

Nothing.

Nicole put another into the mail on Friday. Her decision.

(In the meantime, I received the Amazon UK shipment from 1/23 mentioned above.)

Charles

#194 Post by Charles » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Looking out on my doorstep today, I couldn't have been more surprised if I'd seen a baby in a basket.

Fortunately, it was only a box with a severely bumped corner, though not as extensively crushed as the one domino posted above.

Contents: perfect.

Packing slip shows 1/15 despatch date, customs declaration on box "signed" 1/22. No USPS markings or dates.

neal

#195 Post by neal » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:32 pm

Charles wrote:Looking out on my doorstep today, I couldn't have been more surprised if I'd seen a baby in a basket.

Fortunately, it was only a box with a severely bumped corner, though not as extensively crushed as the one domino posted above.

Contents: perfect.

Packing slip shows 1/15 despatch date, customs declaration on box "signed" 1/22. No USPS markings or dates.
Maybe I'll get lucky and mine will show up today, too...

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#196 Post by swo17 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:34 am

Strangely after all these delays from the UK, I just today received an order from Amazon UK that I only placed on Monday. :-k \:D/

Banasa

#197 Post by Banasa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:39 am

Lucky you! Still waiting for my copy of Audition steel book shipped on February third straight from Arrow. Strange how late it is as Deep Red came in about a weeks time.

ALLCAPSAREBASTARDS

#198 Post by ALLCAPSAREBASTARDS » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:51 am

Banasa wrote:Lucky you! Still waiting for my copy of Audition steel book shipped on February third straight from Arrow. Strange how late it is as Deep Red came in about a weeks time.

This past week I got the Yoshida set from Amazon that I ordered back in October.

Postal service in my country is a bit of a joke.

DrunkenFatherFigure

#199 Post by DrunkenFatherFigure » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:08 am

Finally received my Rivette set in Amsterdam yesterday, two days after I contacted Nicole and she sent out another copy. Turns out this was the original shipment, with a dispatch date of 15Jan - it just took over a month to get here!

NABOB OF NOWHERE

Re: Arrow Films

#200 Post by NABOB OF NOWHERE » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:20 am

Seeing that the Rivette box is currently 65% sold out can we count on all the replacement sets being sent out to disgruntled customers complaining about non-arrival ultimately leading to a quicker than expected run-out?