33 The Stone Killer

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

33 The Stone Killer

#1 Post by domino harvey » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:08 am

(Michael Winner, 1973)
Release date: 26 June 2017
Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray premiere)

This bloody crime thriller unites again Death Wish regular collaborators Charles Bronson and director Michael Winner. Bronson stars as an ex-New York City cop who is banished to the L.A. Police Department where he begins investigating a mysterious chain of events involving ex-soldiers, the Mafia and a violent campaign of murder.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• High Definition remaster
• Original mono audio
• Audio commentary by journalist and critic Nick Pinkerton
• Mr. Blonde: Paul Koslo on ‘The Stone Killer’ (2017, 17 mins): the colourful character actor discusses his work on the film and relationship with star Charles Bronson
• The John Player Lecture with Michael Winner (1970, 64 mins): audio recording of an interview with the director conducted by Margaret Hinxman at the National Film Theatre, London
• Isolated score: experience Roy Budd's original soundtrack music
• Original theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: on-set and production photography, and material from the personal collection of Michael Winner
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive 40-page booklet with a new essay by Paul Talbot, author of Bronson's Loose! The Making of the ‘Death Wish’ Films and Bronson's Loose Again! On the Set with Charles Bronson, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and historic articles on the film
• UK Blu-ray premiere
• Limited Dual Format Edition of 3,000 copies

PfR73

Re: 33 The Stone Killer

#2 Post by PfR73 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:39 pm

The Trailer on the Blu-Ray is encoded in PAL, the first time I've come across a feature on an Indicator Blu-Ray that wasn't playable on my US Playstation 3.

MichaelB

Re: 33 The Stone Killer

#3 Post by MichaelB » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:10 am

Yes, that was a hopefully one-off mistake - I'm not aware of any similar instances.

But you can watch it here.