1 Christine

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

Ribs

1 Christine

#1 Post by Ribs » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:40 pm

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

Re: Indicator

#2 Post by swo17 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:56 pm

swo17 wrote:I actually just ordered a copy of Christine from them directly last week but never received an email confirmation and don't see any way to look up an order status on their website. I wonder if I'm out of luck on this one.
Ha, turns out they had already responded to me at the time that I typed this! (I just didn't see it because it had gone to my junk folder.) Not only is the item on its way, but they made sure I was getting a copy with corrected discs in it. (I guess the initial pressing had some audio issues.)

MichaelB

Re: Indicator

#3 Post by MichaelB » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:03 pm

One of the rear channels was inadvertently muted.
M Sanderson wrote:I rewatched Christine recently, and am enormously impressed by the presentation. I found it better than the German release I used to have. But, I heard there were audio issues with the first pressing. And, for the first time I noticed dialogue missing from the Alexandra Paul character, just before Christine is captured and crushed. When she’s guiding the John Stockwell character in his Caterpillar vehicle. Is there a replacement program, and has anyone else noticed this problem?
The replacement programme was launched within weeks of the original release a year ago - if you think you have a faulty copy (if I remember rightly, the one of the rear channels in the 5.1 mix was silent), contact info@powerhousefilms.co.uk to see if they can still replace it.

As a result of that, I now routinely circulate graphical maps of all multichannel soundtracks to the production team prior to sign-off - obviously, those don't do more than confirm that something is happening on every channel, but it does at least offer instant visual assurance to team members without surround setups that there's something there. (They can also be quite revealing in other ways - The First Men in the Moon has 3.1 and 5.1 options, but the subwoofer channel is noticeably louder in the 5.1 version.)

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: 1 Christine

#4 Post by domino harvey » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Funny Siskel & Ebert review-- they both liked it!

colinr0380

#5 Post by colinr0380 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:22 am

It is great to see them getting enthused by a genre film and picking up on its themes of car obsession in a nice way! I liked this comment by Ebert in the introduction "There have been a lot of movies over the years where a teenage boy parks in a car with a girl he loves but this has gotta be the first movie in history where the guy parks with a girl in the car he loves!". Obviously Christine was an unacknowledged influence on the Transformers series!

Ribs

#6 Post by Ribs » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:14 pm

Sony is putting this out on UHD in the US in September

Lost Highway

#7 Post by Lost Highway » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:31 am

The first John Carpenter movie which disappointed me.

What A Disgrace

#8 Post by What A Disgrace » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:46 am

I bought the US 4K edition, but I'm replacing the DVD included with the Indicator release with the 4K disc and putting the 4K package in storage. I'm sure this is sacrilegious to some.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#9 Post by swo17 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:55 am

The only time I have attempted something like this was to add a tray to the BFI release of L'Âge d'or to house the Filmoteca Española DVD of Un chien andalou, which does not otherwise have a case. Still one of my proudest moments.

L.A.

#10 Post by L.A. » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:06 pm

swo17 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:55 am
Filmoteca Española DVD of Un chien andalou
Hmm. Is this perhaps superior or something?

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#11 Post by domino harvey » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:15 pm

I do this all the time. Most of my Godard upgrades have the original DVDs in a sleeve inside so as to keep the exclusive extras without the added shelf space

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#12 Post by swo17 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:20 pm

L.A. wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:06 pm
swo17 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:55 am
Filmoteca Española DVD of Un chien andalou
Hmm. Is this perhaps superior or something?
See discussion starting here and throughout that thread

Rayon Vert
Green is the Rayest Color

#13 Post by Rayon Vert » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:04 pm

domino harvey wrote:I do this all the time. Most of my Godard upgrades have the original DVDs in a sleeve inside so as to keep the exclusive extras without the added shelf space
Do you guys ditch the original DVD case, though, or do you keep it stored somewhere else?

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#14 Post by domino harvey » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:48 pm

The whole point of consolidating, for me, is to lose the extra case, so no, I recycle them