On Ordering Indicator Releases

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

Ribs

Re: Indicator

#1 Post by Ribs » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:47 am

Powerhouse's first sale is now on, and will last through midnight UK time on Sunday. Aside from Rillington Place and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (and the Sinbad trilogy), all pre-September titles are on sale for £10. Getting three titles shipped to the US runs about $50, for what it's worth.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#2 Post by domino harvey » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:19 am

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#3 Post by swo17 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:26 am

Excuse me while I buy them out.

TMDaines

#4 Post by TMDaines » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:25 am

We've not seen these cheaper anywhere else, right?

matrixschmatrix

#5 Post by matrixschmatrix » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:43 am

As far as I know- Amazon hasn't gone much below 20 pounds, and the third party sellers seem to be at around 14-15.

Did we get a newsletter clue for 5000 Fingers of Dr T coming out from Criterion? I'm trying to cut something from my cart

Ribs

#6 Post by Ribs » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:45 am

At least for Sony titles it seems likely that everything Indicator's release wouldn't be coming from Criterion as we've not had one yet and those titles are the backbone of the Criterion UK output.

And, no, there's been no indication whatsoever that could be coming regardless.

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#7 Post by Drucker » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:47 am

matrixschmatrix wrote:As far as I know- Amazon hasn't gone much below 20 pounds, and the third party sellers seem to be at around 14-15.

Did we get a newsletter clue for 5000 Fingers of Dr T coming out from Criterion? I'm trying to cut something from my cart
5000 Fingers is already out on Mill Creek in the US, so unlikely.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#8 Post by tenia » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:59 am

TMDaines wrote:We've not seen these cheaper anywhere else, right?
Most Indicator titles can be pre-ordered / bought at £14.99, but never less.

Costa

#9 Post by Costa » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:26 pm

Guessing that people are being paid in the end of the month in other countries too, i was wondering:

Wouldn't it be better if they had extended this sale a bit?
I mean, this is active only till Sunday and maybe many people have spent their salary already.
So, if it was extended, they could buy many of these when they get paid next week.

hearthesilence

#10 Post by hearthesilence » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Ribs wrote:Getting three titles shipped to the US runs about $50, for what it's worth.
The hefty shipping charge does make this seem less like a deal. If you get one title, it's close to 15 quid, which is how much I paid for Housekeeping at Fopp not too long ago in store (before a VAT refund). But shipping does decrease dramatically with each item you get. (All the way down to 12.70 for five titles, which essentially halves the per-item amount from one title.)

Bunny Lake Is Missing, The Last Detail, The Big Heat, Fat City and especially The Lady from Shanghai are much better than their U.S. equivalents - Indicator's encoding has a touch less compression (which to be fair may or may not be noticeable), and more importantly these discs have lots of great extras, both on the disc and in the booklet and packaging. I already have the U.S. releases, but I'll have to consider double dipping.

It's also worth repeating that these are region free releases too!

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#11 Post by swo17 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:02 pm

I paid £28.30 in shipping for 13 titles, which seems pretty steep to me. But in total I still got 47% off MSRP (which is £23 for each title).

Drucker
Your Future our Drucker

#12 Post by Drucker » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:27 pm

I believe they've indicated (heh) that a better shipping deal is forthcoming, but nothing's happened yet obviously.

TMDaines

#13 Post by TMDaines » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:59 am

Does the Indicator sale offer free postage to the UK?

sabbath

#14 Post by sabbath » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:28 am

TMDaines wrote:Does the Indicator sale offer free postage to the UK?
Nope.

chatterjees

#15 Post by chatterjees » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Did anybody receive a dispatch notification from indicator for their recent sale purchases? After paying 16.80 GBP for shipping, I was expecting at least an email (I was also expecting for a tracking number at that cost) saying my order has been dispatch. I used PayPal. My PayPal transaction is not even updated. I had to contact them on FB regarding my Sinbad and the eye of the tiger replacement disc, which I never received. As part of that communication I came to know that Sony distribution has shipped my order and I should receive them soon.

willoneill

#16 Post by willoneill » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Received my Indicator order today, but one of the titles was wrong (they sent me Hardcore instead of Mickey One). After double checking my original order, I've sent them an e-mail. Has anyone had to email Indicator before? How responsive are they?

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#17 Post by swo17 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:24 pm

Very, but check your junk mail.

kuzine

On Ordering Indicator Releases

#18 Post by kuzine » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:34 pm

willoneill wrote:Received my Indicator order today, but one of the titles was wrong (they sent me Hardcore instead of Mickey One). After double checking my original order, I've sent them an e-mail. Has anyone had to email Indicator before? How responsive are they?
I had exactly the same issue, e-mailed them and got a response within the hour (earlier today) that they forwarded the issue to Sony.

chatterjees

#19 Post by chatterjees » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:45 pm

willoneill wrote:Received my Indicator order today, but one of the titles was wrong (they sent me Hardcore instead of Mickey One). After double checking my original order, I've sent them an e-mail. Has anyone had to email Indicator before? How responsive are they?
I have the same exact situation here. I already had Hardcore. Now, I have two. I contacted them on FB. The person helping me was nice but his last reply that I received regarding Sony distribution's poor dispatch performance is not really promising. He asked me to send an email to an ID, which I did. Then, he said that he has forwarded that email to Sony Distribution. It sounded weird too that indicator is totally blaming it on Sony distribution. If it doesn't get resolved in next one week, I will file a case on PayPal. They will take care of it. The other option is to forget about it and be happy with the two copies of Hardcore.
This is kind of scary customer service. I will keep this in mind if I want to participate in their sale in future.

chatterjees

#20 Post by chatterjees » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:47 pm

This is kind of funny that somebody in Sony Distribution is reading Mickey One as Hardcore. How on earth is that even possible? So far three of us have the same issue.

willoneill

#21 Post by willoneill » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:31 pm

chatterjees wrote:This is kind of funny that somebody in Sony Distribution is reading Mickey One as Hardcore. How on earth is that even possible? So far three of us have the same issue.
Maybe the item codes for those two releases are similar or have been mixed up. But yeah, that's pretty weird that it's the exact same error.

eastguy

#22 Post by eastguy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:45 pm

I also got my order today and only received 10 of the 11 titles I purchased. I am missing The Big Heat. I emailed them, but have not heard back yet. Then now after reading the thread, I went backed and checked, and too received Hardcore instead of Mickey One. It’s on my order confirmation email, but the packing slip lists Hardcore. I feel dumb for not realizing sooner. I guess I was too flustered with the missing item.

This was my first order with them, and this could certainly get resolved, but I can’t say I’m eager to buy directly again.
Last edited by eastguy on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

therewillbeblus

#23 Post by therewillbeblus » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:52 pm

I too received my order today, and am missing The Big Heat as well (but no other items). I also sent them a message - hopefully it's a situation where it's backordered or something and not just a coincidence them failing to include the same item in two orders.

DRW.mov

#24 Post by DRW.mov » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:02 pm

My order arrived this morning and was also missing The Big Heat of all things. It was included on the order slip as being unavailable and shipping separately at a later date. Just as long as we all don’t get copies of Hardcore.

sabbath

#25 Post by sabbath » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:42 pm

Also missing The Big Heat, but got an e-mail yesterday saying that they just shipped one.