On Ordering Indicator Releases

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

willoneill

Re: Indicator

#26 Post by willoneill » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:57 am

Just got my reply from Powerhouse/Indicator:
Hello there William
Apologies, Sony Distribution seem to be in a pickle at the moment. We will send your copy of Mickey
One from here at Head Office.
Again we are very sorry, please keep your copy of Hardcore with our compliments.

hearthesilence

#27 Post by hearthesilence » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:04 am

"Sony Distribution seem to be in a pickle at the moment"? Surely the scramble around the Kevin Spacey debacle isn't to blame, is it? (i.e. the recasting of the Ridley Scott film and the scramble to meet the same December release date)

Ribs

#28 Post by Ribs » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:08 am

No, because that literally has nothing to do with anything even tangential to home media? The warehouses are most likely just busy because it's getting near Holiday shopping and they're most overstretched at this time of year.

hearthesilence

#29 Post by hearthesilence » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:55 am

Ribs wrote:No, because that literally has nothing to do with anything even tangential to home media? The warehouses are most likely just busy because it's getting near Holiday shopping and they're most overstretched at this time of year.
Yeah, I thought home media was pretty much separate from anything going on with current productions but my imagination went off and running by the way that email had been phrased.

M Sanderson

#30 Post by M Sanderson » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:54 am

chatterjees wrote:This is kind of funny that somebody in Sony Distribution is reading Mickey One as Hardcore. How on earth is that even possible? So far three of us have the same issue.
Some kind of warehouse barcode processing issue? A picker error?

HJackson

#31 Post by HJackson » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:10 pm

Got my order after two weeks and got a copy of The Stone Killer (which I already own) instead of Castle Keep. Such a great label - just a shame that they've totally dropped the ball on distribution. I'll happily take advantage of these kind of savings in future, but I'll keep going to HMV or Fopp for my must-own-now purchases.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#32 Post by swo17 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:16 pm

But they're fixing people's orders and letting them keep the extra copies?

willoneill

#33 Post by willoneill » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:23 pm

swo17 wrote:But they're fixing people's orders and letting them keep the extra copies?
Yes, exactly, they were very quick and polite in their response to me. And, as far as I can tell, this appears to be a Sony Distribution screw-up, not theirs. So I'll be Pollyanna here and chalk it up to a relatively new and small label running their first sale, and I'm sure they'll iron out the kinks for the future.

HJackson

#34 Post by HJackson » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:59 pm

swo17 wrote:But they're fixing people's orders and letting them keep the extra copies?
Well yes, if a load of people don't get what they ordered then rectifying it should be par for course, no? Again, a great label and the people behind it clearly care about the work they're doing, but I'm definitely soured on buying direct from them in future.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#35 Post by swo17 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:01 pm

I think they're trying to go above and beyond in their manner of rectification but I guess it isn't working if you're still soured on them.

rapta

#36 Post by rapta » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:16 pm

HJackson wrote:Got my order after two weeks and got a copy of The Stone Killer (which I already own) instead of Castle Keep. Such a great label - just a shame that they've totally dropped the ball on distribution. I'll happily take advantage of these kind of savings in future, but I'll keep going to HMV or Fopp for my must-own-now purchases.
If they let you keep it I'd happily take your spare copy of The Stone Killer off your hands... ;)

Lowry_Sam

#37 Post by Lowry_Sam » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:45 pm

So did people receive anything when their orders shipped out. I know it's still early for getting it in the US, but I never received any kind of shipment confirmation just an automatic reply on receipt of my Paypal payment, so it has me wondering if mine ever went out.

Colpeper
I Am the Glueman

#38 Post by Colpeper » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:08 pm

Packages from both my orders arrived 7 or 8 days after I placed them, but I did not receive dispatch notifications. Incidentally, they used bubble envelopes with my address handwritten in quite elegant script, which is always refreshing to see.

chatterjees

#39 Post by chatterjees » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:03 am

Lowry_Sam wrote:So did people receive anything when their orders shipped out. I know it's still early for getting it in the US, but I never received any kind of shipment confirmation just an automatic reply on receipt of my Paypal payment, so it has me wondering if mine ever went out.
I asked the same question here few days ago but never received an answer. Now I have an answer for you. No, there was no dispatch confirmation email. As I was charged 16.50 GBP for shipping for 7 items, I was wondering what kind of shipping they are going to use. Well, they actually did good. They used FedEx express international and I received my order in 4 days.

Lowry_Sam

#40 Post by Lowry_Sam » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:32 pm

Well it's 2 weeks now, perhaps mine was shipped another method since I requested it to go to my PO Box rather than home (I hate things being left on my doorstep).

willoneill

#41 Post by willoneill » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:11 pm

Received my replacement copy of Mickey One today, so I'm a happy customer.

DRW.mov

#42 Post by DRW.mov » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 am

I remember multiple people in the forum had mentioned that they didn’t receive THE BIG HEAT from their Sale orders last month. I still haven’t gotten my copy and I finally broke down and emailed Powerhouse. Has anyone else gotten their copy of THE BIG HEAT yet?

eastguy

#43 Post by eastguy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:31 pm

Yep. I emailed them the day I received my order, and they replied within 24 hours. Got a copy shortly after. Probably still needed to contact them before they'd send it out, despite it seeming like all orders were missing their copy.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#44 Post by swo17 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:35 pm

Just for the record, my order wasn't missing The Big Heat.

Pepsi

#45 Post by Pepsi » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:47 pm

Just to let you know, Sony Distribution have sent you a Mickey One, and we have sent you a Big Heat today from Head office.

Hopefully you should be all good once you receive those discs.
I got it last week. Very friendly custom service.

bearcuborg

#46 Post by bearcuborg » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:59 pm

I’m late to this thread and label-do they ever hold sales? Or should I just buy now with some titles being limited.

Werewolf by Night

#47 Post by Werewolf by Night » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:49 pm

Too bad you came late, they just had a sale at the end of October:
Ribs wrote:Powerhouse's first sale is now on, and will last through midnight UK time on Sunday. Aside from Rillington Place and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (and the Sinbad trilogy), all pre-September titles are on sale for £10.

bearcuborg

#48 Post by bearcuborg » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:59 pm

Figures. I’ve been out of the loop for awhile. Thanks.

Costa

#49 Post by Costa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:35 am

Wow! I just got my first Indicator (the Sinbad box) from their site and it came in one day!!!
how can this be?

Dr Amicus

#50 Post by Dr Amicus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:02 am

Costa wrote:Wow! I just got my first Indicator (the Sinbad box) from their site and it came in one day!!!
how can this be?
Tom Baker IS The Doctor and personally delivered it in the TARDIS.