Jeanette (Bruno Dumont, 2016)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
Alphonse Tram

Jeanette (Bruno Dumont, 2016)

#1 Post by Alphonse Tram » Fri May 13, 2016 3:19 am

It seems Dumont is not content with directing just comedies these days, his next film (shooting in August) is a musical on the life of Joan of Arc as a child - based on the 1910 play 'Le Mystère de la Charité de Jeanne d'Arc' by Charles Péguy.
In regards to the music, Dumont will be collaborating with the quirky multi-genre experimentalist Igorrr (Gautier Serre) Igorrr is known for mixing baroque classical with drum & bass and death metal etc... A little too quirky for my tastes, but I trust Dumont to get the best out of this collaboration.

After he completes this film, Dumont begins work on P'tit Quinquin series 2! With P'tit Quinquin as a teenager... \:D/

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

Re: Jeanette (Bruno Dumont, 2016)

#2 Post by tenia » Fri May 13, 2016 5:48 am

Fabrice Luchini was asked :
Q : Dumont said he chose you because famous actors are forming a kind of aristocracy. Do you agree ?
A : Wow ! He's ballsy to say that ! At 14, I was hair-dresser, son of fruits and vegetables sellers. My mom was from the public assistance and my father an Italian emigrant. Now, I own a house on the Island of Ré, which makes me a new rich. But if I compare where he comes from (Dumont is the son of a practician) and mine, the real proletarian, it's me !