The French Dispatch of the Liberty, Kansas Evening Sun (Wes Anderson, 2020)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
flyonthewall2983

Re: The French Dispatch of the Liberty, Kansas Evening Sun (Wes Anderson, 2020)

#176 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:26 pm

The feeling I get from this is that there is not one or a couple of main characters to focus on. Between the three stories within the narrative, and all of the major actors in prominent roles here, this feels like it could be Anderson's most complex mosaic yet. That's not a complaint necessarily, especially with the cast involved. I'm just very interested to see how this comes off.

therewillbeblus

Re: The French Dispatch of the Liberty, Kansas Evening Sun (Wes Anderson, 2020)

#177 Post by therewillbeblus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:22 pm

flyonthewall2983 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:26 pm
The feeling I get from this is that there is not one or a couple of main characters to focus on. Between the three stories within the narrative, and all of the major actors in prominent roles here, this feels like it could be Anderson's most complex mosaic yet. That's not a complaint necessarily, especially with the cast involved. I'm just very interested to see how this comes off.
Same, and I'm predicting it'll be more layered beyond transitioning between stories but to a present-day connective tissue as well given the color and appearance differences amongst the characters in the trailer, which could in turn result in a cohesive blend of simultaneous character development that may not be as feasible in a chapter book narrative.