Alien Love Triangle (Danny Boyle, 2002)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
Antoine Doinel

Alien Love Triangle (Danny Boyle, 2002)

#1 Post by Antoine Doinel » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:33 pm

Boyle's long shelved sci-fi short starring Kenneth Branaugh will be making it's debut soon. Here's the story of how it was revived.

Awesome Welles

#2 Post by Awesome Welles » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:14 pm

That's a great little story I look forward to seeing it.

Mr Sausage

#3 Post by Mr Sausage » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:06 pm

Goddamit. I thought this was going to be another Alien sequel. Now I have to deal with the unpleasant fact that for a moment I was excited by the idea of an Alien love triangle, and without even an Alien movie to show for it.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#4 Post by domino harvey » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:08 pm

Good news Mr. Sausage, AVP: Requiem already presented the result of a love triangle between Aliens, Predators, and Humans:

Mr Sausage

#5 Post by Mr Sausage » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:10 pm

domino harvey wrote:Good news Mr. Sausage, AVP: Requiem already presented the result of a love triangle between Aliens, Predators, and Humans:
So is that the first creature in history to have three mouths?

cdnchris
Site Admin

#6 Post by cdnchris » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:11 pm

domino harvey wrote:Good news Mr. Sausage, AVP: Requiem already presented the result of a love triangle between Aliens, Predators, and Humans
And to think I totally blew that movie off as more than likely being shit. I have to learn not to judge a movie before I see it.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#7 Post by domino harvey » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:13 pm

I remember reading the movie's Rotten Tomatoes page and there was a little forum at the bottom and even the farthest-gone horror fans were like "This is the worst movie I've ever seen"-- apparently it begins with an alien killing dozens of birthing mothers and their newborn babies in bloody detail-- I seriously never want to meet anyone who has a movie like that sitting on their shelf

colinr0380

#8 Post by colinr0380 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:42 am

domino harvey wrote:apparently it begins with an alien killing dozens of birthing mothers and their newborn babies in bloody detail-- I seriously never want to meet anyone who has a movie like that sitting on their shelf
I know it is strange to say this but I don't think that is really the point (after all the best horror movies are transgressive) - it is more the way it is handled. From what I have read it is the way the film does not particularly play by the rules of the previous Alien films (this guy explains it better than I could - or would want to!)

This is probably why Paul WS Anderson continues to make films - he might usually make terrible rip offs but then even they get sequelized in such a poor way that I strangely end up feeling nostalgic for the first Resident Evil or the first Alien Vs Predator film!

But back on topic, here is a report from the Alien Love Triangle premiere!