Avatar and the Avatar Cadence (James Cameron, 2009-2025)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.

Big Ben

Re: Avatar and the Avatar Cadence (James Cameron, 2009-2025)

#477 Post by Big Ben » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:51 pm

“This could be the seeds of utter damnation and doom for the project, or it could be the thing that makes it stand apart and continue to be unique,”
It's interesting to see him acknowledge it could fail miserably but yet still think that people want five more after the first one. I mean as I recall the film wrapped up the story in a fairly complete fashion. I cannot fathom how he plans to expand this out. How many times can Pandora be invaded by humans?

swo17

#478 Post by swo17 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:55 pm

I liked this link in the sidebar to an article just posted yesterday: "James Cameron Hopes for ‘Avengers’ Fatigue: ‘There Are Other Stories To Tell’ In Sci-Fi"

cantinflas

#479 Post by cantinflas » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:50 am

Big Ben wrote:
“This could be the seeds of utter damnation and doom for the project, or it could be the thing that makes it stand apart and continue to be unique,”
It's interesting to see him acknowledge it could fail miserably but yet still think that people want five more after the first one. I mean as I recall the film wrapped up the story in a fairly complete fashion. I cannot fathom how he plans to expand this out. How many times can Pandora be invaded by humans?
At least one of them was initially announced as a prequel, so he could go in that direction as well. Being multigenerational provides lots of options.

Also, I'm pretty sure he's still only making four more films -- 2 and 3 are currently in production, then once he's finished post on those he'll shoot 4 and 5. "Five-film epic" is referring to the first movie plus the four new ones.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

#481 Post by tenia » Tue May 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Unfortunately very predictable.