It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Mubi
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:28 pm 

It sucks. Used that site quite extensively as a tool for film discovery. Hopefully it will be functional again at some point but it's quite a mess the way they have rolled this redesign out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:11 pm 

Still trying to figure out what's still there and what they've gutted. Very disappointed in the redesign so far, particularly as my watchlist seems to have been purged. More visual harmony with the streaming service obviously (which I'll still use on and off, probably), but the overhaul locks in my drift toward Letterboxd for aggregating film journaling and to-watch functions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:22 pm 

Mubi, for some reason, will no longer be available on PlayStation platforms. From an email sent to subscribers today:

Quote:
We wanted to be the ones to break the news that unfortunately MUBI will no longer be available on PlayStation® starting next month — so we are reaching out to all our Playstation watchers to give you a heads up and apologize for the trouble.

I wonder how many people are actually using Mubi?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:00 pm 

I don't mean to imply that this is definitely, or even necessarily, the problem, but I'm a two-time ex-Mubi subscriber who full-stop loves their programming, but the PlayStation app to watch their films on drove me batshit, so much so that I wound up cancelling my subscription in a fit of rage after the most recent bout. I've never once had any issue streaming Mubi on my laptop, but at least half the time on my PS4 it was just unwatchably awful--it would play for two seconds, buffer for five seconds, play for two seconds, buffer for five more seconds, etc. Elsewhere, the app didn't always seem to want to update with each day's new film, and some other assorted bugginess like that.

It really is a shame, too, as like I said, their programming is in general stellar. (Today's film is The Crime of Monsieur Lange, for fuck's sake.) I'll probably resubscribe at some point, like when I get a better means of streaming stuff to my TV.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:51 am 

I dropped a note to Mubi (Help/Send a Message) that I would like to be able to sort 'Now Showing' by their star ratings. I received a reply that my request would be forwarded to their development team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5