Cinematheque Francaise

A subforum to discuss film culture and criticism.
ellipsis7

Cinematheque Francaise

#1 Post by ellipsis7 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:49 am

From their website....
La Cinémathèque française est actuellement fermée jusqu'à nouvel ordre. Merci de votre compréhension.
(Trans: The French Cinémathèque is currently closed until further notice. Thank you for your understanding.)
The Cinematheque is right beside the Stade de France, one of the scenes of last night's horrendous Paris attacks where within the stadium the France vs Germany international friendly football match was taking place as events unfolded outside...

Werewolf by Night

Cinematheque Francaise

#2 Post by Werewolf by Night » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:37 pm

ellipsis7 wrote:The Cinematheque is right beside the Stade de France, one of the scenes of last night's horrendous Paris attacks where within the stadium the France vs Germany international friendly football match was taking place as events unfolded outside...
Not to quibble at a time like this, but are you thinking of something else, perhaps? Maybe the AccorHotels Arena? The Cinémathèque is in the 12th, next to Parc de Bercy; the Stade is out in St Denis, about 17 km away.

ellipsis7

Re: Cinematheque Francaise

#3 Post by ellipsis7 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:19 pm

How right you are it seems, sorry for the mix up, however the stadium which currently goes by the name of Accorhotels Arena went by several other names in the the past including Palais Omnisports etc., so some excuse for the confusion (not being such a mad sports fan)... I can confirm however that U2 have cancelled their concert tonight at the Accorhotels Arena in Bercy which was to be recorded for HBO... So things appear pretty much in complete lockdown in Paris tonight...
Last edited by ellipsis7 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tenia
Ask Me About My Bassoon

Re: Cinematheque Francaise

#4 Post by tenia » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:21 pm

Cultural locations where people can gather are closed following the urgency state declared in France.
While it's relatively away from St Denis, it's 3 km away from the events that happened Rue de Charonne but I guess the urgency state has more to do with its temporary closure.
Some movie goings kms away have either closed today or been evacuated later today, for instance.