William S. Burroughs

A subforum to discuss film culture and criticism.
Antoine Doinel

#1 Post by Antoine Doinel » Sat May 20, 2006 12:44 pm

Interesting article on the cut up of the "cut-up" films by Burroughs with links to downloads of the movies: http://www.ubu.com/film/burroughs.html

shirobamba

#2 Post by shirobamba » Sat May 20, 2006 3:25 pm

They have been released by RARO w/ Engl subs and additional Burroughs material.

jamie_summers

#3 Post by jamie_summers » Sun May 21, 2006 6:24 am

This looks good, but sadly incomplete. Yes it's got all the good balch stuff, but it's missing: the two amazing animated films set to his readings of A Junky's Christmas and Ah Pook Is Here.

Gus Van Sant directed video of Thanksgiving Prayer, Discipline of D.E., Gus/WBS collaboration Since Stonewall, his w/Burroughs, Ginsberg, Ravi Shankar, Howard Brookners Burroughs: The Movie, Laurie Anderson's Home of the Brave (Burroughs cameo + 2 spoken word pieces), William S. Burroughs: Commissioner of Sewers (Klaus Maeck), plus Old Habits Die Hard, It's Clean, It Just Looks Dirty, and Gang Of Souls (Giorno Video).

All the music videos with WSB: U2 (vomit), Ministry (yay). Oh and that awful Nike commercial and Burroughs Haxan.

I'd also love to see stuff like It Don't Pay To Be an Honest Citizen come out.

Anyway, I know some of this stuff is available in some countries, but mostly it's not amazing quality, and i guess i'm just hoping that one day Criterion or MoC will make a deal with the Burroughs estate and do a massive box set of everything Burroughs related ever, except for Beat.

This is my first post by the way, hello all.

Jamie