It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:09 am 

James Mangold to direct a remake of Disorder. Maybe he'll make a version that isn't dull and inconsequential.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:39 pm 
Dot Com Dom

Fear Street of all things is getting an intriguing production and roll out-- three films filmed back to back and released in theatres a month apart for "binge" theatrical viewing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:16 pm 
Dot Com Dom

Broad Green has shuttered and halted its production slate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:19 am 

To the surprise of no one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:43 am 
Dot Com Dom

Their existent slate in that article could be tl;dr-ed as "A fool and their money are soon departed"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:21 pm 

It's a matter of moments before they shut the door on the whole operation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:01 am 

Variety reports on two new Todd Haynes projects: a Velvet Underground documentary, and an Amazon limited series that will "“re-examine a figure who maybe we forget how radical they were in their thinking because they were so incorporated into our culture and outlook as a modern society."

Haynes doesn't say who the subject of the Amazon series is, but when I saw him at a Q&A for I'm Not There back in 2008, someone asked him what his next film would be about and he said (in an admittedly somewhat joking tone, and I'm paraphrasing here), "Oh, I don't know, something easy like Freud."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:07 pm 

In a 2004 article about Elmer Bernstein, published after Bernstein's passing, Todd Haynes mentioned a Freud project:

Quote:
Far From Heaven director Todd Haynes, in remarks filled with emotion, said that his film had been "graced beyond belief" by Bernstein's music. He said they had talked about collaborating on a film about Sigmund Freud.

So a Freud project is definitely something Haynes has been wanting to do for many years, perhaps even going further back than when he and Elmer Bernstein talked about it. My guess is that this is what the Amazon project will be.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:16 pm 

This is a wild one: Annie Clark (aka St. Vincent) to direct a female-led adaptation of The Picture of Dorian Gray from the screenwriter of Paul Verhoeven's masterpiece Elle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:57 pm 
Dot Com Dom

Amazon is partnering with Warners to adapt the Goldfinch, with Ralph Fiennes eyed to star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:01 pm 

What happened to all of Amazon's films after Wonder Wheel being self-distributed?

(The fact that they might actually not be so forthright and stingy about this new policy is a good thing, clearly, but I'm just surprised to see it change so quickly)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:40 pm 

By sheer coincidence I read THE GOLDFINCH last week. I enjoyed it well enough, but I can scarcely imagine it turning into a good film. It's going to be awfully tough to pull a narrative out of that book that's worth making a film out of, especially if it's going to get the Oscar-bait treatment.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:02 pm 
Dot Com Dom

Netflix will release Paul Greengrass' next film

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:29 pm 

Greengrass lending his style to a Breivak-related film sounds pretty repulsive, but I guess it's one less movie I have to see. But then I liked Campos's pointless Christine Chabbuck film from last year, so we'll see!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12