Little Boy (Alejandro Monteverde, 2015)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
Big Ben

Little Boy (Alejandro Monteverde, 2015)

#1 Post by Big Ben » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Looked up Little Boy and found the Rotten Tomatoes summary and it brought a huge grin to my face because I'm an awful person: "Well-meaning but manipulative on a horrifically misguided scale, Little Boy is the rare faith-based film that many viewers may find legitimately offensive."

If Book of Henry is anything like that I have to see it.

knives

Re: The Book of Henry (Colin Trevorrow, 2017)

#2 Post by knives » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:04 pm

That the kid nukes Japan to see his father movie, right?

teddyleevin

#3 Post by teddyleevin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:21 pm

"The audience at which Little Boy is aimed will have no problem assimilating the film's themes of faith and miracles. But there's also plenty to admire here for those less inclined to buy into the filmmakers' worldview." - Bill Newcott, AARP Movies for Grownups

The amount of people I've heard of that agreed to be in Little Boy is mindboggling. We need a thread for it. Or maybe a catch-all thread for all of these collateral beauties.

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

#4 Post by swo17 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:26 pm

IMDb trivia for Little Boy: Kevin James liked the script so much he agreed to do the film for free.

Big Ben

Re: Little Boy (Alejandro Monteverde, 2015)

#5 Post by Big Ben » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:33 pm

It becomes all the more awful when you realize "Little Boy" was the name of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. This is terrible to bring up I know but the film appears to be that tone deaf.

teddyleevin

#6 Post by teddyleevin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:43 pm

That was the first connection I made which can only mean that there's a 50/50 chance that the filmmakers didn't realize it at all. Does the film make the connection? I think I need someone else to watch it for me.
swo17 wrote:IMDb trivia for Little Boy: Kevin James liked the script so much he agreed to do the film for free.
Maybe these are all fake films made as tie-ins for some grand satire of Hollywood starring these actors as fictional versions of themselves; like Funny People-meets-The Player, right?

IMDb also provides this amazing sentence in the synopsis: "The story reveals the indescribable love a father has for his little boy and the love a son has for his father. "