Dynamic Top Tens of 2018

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
Luke M

Re: Dynamic Top Tens of 2018

#51 Post by Luke M » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:33 pm

1. Black Panther

Feiereisel

#52 Post by Feiereisel » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:09 pm

As of January 2, 2019:

1. BlacKkKlansman
2. Roma
3. You Were Never Really Here
4. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
5. The Death of Stalin
6. First Reformed
7. Widows
8. The Favourite
9. Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
10. Unsane

11. First Man
12. The Other Side of the Wind (b/w They'll Love Me When I'm Dead)
13. Mission Impossible: Fallout
14. Annihilation
15. Thoroughbreds
16. Avengers: Infinity War
17. Black Panther
18. Incredibles 2
19. Ant-Man and the Wasp
20. Solo: A Star Wars Story
21. Ready Player One
22. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
23. Isle of Dogs (Woof.)
24. Escape Plan 2: Hades 8-[
Last edited by Feiereisel on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

HJackson

#53 Post by HJackson » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Per Letterboxd listed year...

1. Eighth Grade
2. First Man
3. Love, Simon
4. mid90s
5. The Favourite
6. Dragged Across Concrete
7. Thunder Road
8. Christopher Robin
9. Beautiful Boy
10. A Star is Born

Green Book / Boy Erased / The Mule / Ready Player One / Heriditary / The Sisters Brothers / A Quiet Place / BlacKkKlansman / Ant-Man and the Wasp / Greta / Searching / Widows / Unsane / Solo: A Star Wars Story / To All the Boys I've Loved Before / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / The Miseducation of Cameron Post / Mortal Engines / The Darkest Minds / Every Day / Midnight Sun / Halloween / American Animals / The Old Man & The Gun / Avengers: Infinity War / Tully / On the Basis of Sex / Vice / Giant Little Ones / Mary Poppins Returns / Sierra Burgess is a Loser / The Hate U Give / Mary Queen of Scots / Ben is Back / Summer ‘03 / Adrift / Crazy Rich Asians / Black Panther / Three Identical Strangers / Bohemian Rhapsody / Tomb Raider / The Kissing Booth / Alex Strangelove / The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society / Red Sparrow / Bad Times at the El Royale / Isle of Dogs / A Simple Favor / 59. Suspiria
Last edited by HJackson on Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:46 am, edited 49 times in total.

Askew

#54 Post by Askew » Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 pm

1. Avengers: Infinity War
2. If Beale Street Could Talk
3. Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse
4. Fahrenheit 11/9
5. BlacKkKlansman
6. Deadpool 2
7. A Star is Born
8. Isle of Dogs
9. Halloween
10. Ant-Man an the Wasp

Also Seen:
Incredibles 2, Black Panther, Mary Poppins Returns, Christopher Robin
Last edited by Askew on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Never Cursed
Such is life on board the Redoutable

#55 Post by Never Cursed » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:42 am

1. First Reformed (Paul Schrader)
2. Le Redoutable (Michel Hazanavicius)
3. The House That Jack Built (Lars Von Trier)
4. Vox Lux (Brady Corbet)
5. The Other Side Of The Wind (Orson Welles)
6. BlacKkKlansman (Spike Lee)
7. If Beale Street Could Talk (Barry Jenkins)
8. Mission Impossible: Fallout (Christopher McQuarrie)
9. Game Night (John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein)
10. Good Manners (Juliana Rojas and Marco Dutra)

Also seen: Annihilation (Alex Garland), Assassination Nation (Sam Levinson), At Eternity’s Gate (Julian Schnabel), Avengers: Infinity War (Anthony and Joe Russo), Bad Times At The El Royale (Drew Goddard), Beautiful Boy (Felix Van Groeningen), Black Panther (Ryan Coogler), Blindspotting (Carlos Lopez Estrada), Blockers (Kay Cannon), Bohemian Rhapsody (Bryan Singer/Dexter Fletcher), Boy Erased (Joel Edgerton), The Captain (Robert Schwentke), Celoso (Rudy Mancuso), Cold War (Paweł Pawlikowski), Creed II (Steven Caple Jr.), Deadpool 2 (David Leitch), The Death Of Stalin (Armando Iannucci), Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far On Foot (Gus Van Sant), Eighth Grade (Bo Burnham), The Favourite (Yorgos Lanthimos), First Man (Damien Chazelle), Green Book (Peter Farrelly), The Hate U Give (George Tillman Jr.), Hereditary (Ari Aster), The Incredibles 2 (Brad Bird), Long Day’s Journey Into Night (Bi Gan), Love, Simon (Greg Berlanti), Madeline’s Madeline (Josephine Decker), Mary Queen of Scots (Josie Rourke), The Meg (Jon Turteltaub), mid90s (Jonah Hill), The Miseducation Of Cameron Post (Desiree Akhavan), Ocean’s 8 (Gary Ross), The Old Man And The Gun (David Lowery), Overlord (Julius Avery), Roma (Alfonso Cuaron), Shoplifters (Hirokazu Kore-eda), The Sisters Brothers (Jacques Audiard), Sorry To Bother You (Boots Riley), Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, and Rodney Rothman), A Star Is Born (Bradley Cooper), The Third Murder (Hirokazu Kore-eda), This Is America (Hiro Murai), Thoroughbreds (Cory Finley), Tomb Raider (Roar Uthaug), Three Identical Strangers (Tim Wardle), Tully (Jason Reitman), Un Beau Soleil Intérieur (Claire Denis), Vice (Adam Mckay), Welcome Home (Spike Jonze), White Boy Rick (Yann Demange), Widows (Steve McQueen), Wildlife (Paul Dano), You Were Never Really Here (Lynne Ramsey), Zama (Lucretia Martel)

Dishonorable mentions: Flower (Max Winkler), Mile 22 (Peter Berg), Notes On An Appearance (Ricky D’Ambrose), Red Sparrow (Francis Lawrence), Venom (Ruben Fleischer)

Other lists: 2024, 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019
Last edited by Never Cursed on Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:19 pm, edited 58 times in total.

The Elegant Dandy Fop

#56 Post by The Elegant Dandy Fop » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:32 am

1. The Other Side of the Wind
2. Roma
3. First Reformed
4. Ash Is Purest White
5. Zama
6. Long Day's Journey Into Night
7. An Elephant Sitting Still
8. You Were Never Really Here
9. Let The Sunshine In
10. The Night is Short, Walk On Girl

Enjoyable enough films: A or B, The Death of Stalin, Isle of Dogs, Project Gutenberg, Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda, Sorry To Bother You, Widows

Not so good films: Animal World, Big Brother, Burning, The Grinch, Let The Corpses Tan, MFKZ, Ready Player One, Solo: A Star Wars Tale

Late-capitalism, the movie: Ralph Breaks The Internet

Other level of cinematic trash: Assassination Nation
Last edited by The Elegant Dandy Fop on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

Shrew
The Untamed One

#57 Post by Shrew » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:17 pm

1. First Reformed
2. You Were Never Really Here
3. Leave No Trace
4. Blackkklansman
5. Burning
6. Widows
7. Mission Impossible Fallout
8. Shoplifters
9. Roma
10. Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse

The Castoff: Support the Girls, Cold War, The Favourite, Sorry to Bother You, Tully, First Man, If Beale Street Could Talk, Can You Ever Forgive Me?, The Green Fog, A Star is Born, The Death of Stalin, Eighth Grade, The Rider, Paddington 2, The Old Man and the Gun, Black Panther, Zama, Incredibles 2, Isle of Dogs, Deadpool 2, Solo: A Star Wars Story, Ocean’s 8, Ready Player One
Last edited by Shrew on Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:48 am, edited 12 times in total.

Banasa

#58 Post by Banasa » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:28 am

1. First Reformed
2. Roma
3. The Favorite
4. Foxtrot
5. Sorry to Bother You
6. Hereditary
7. The Rider
8. Blackkklansman
9. Annihilation
Last edited by Banasa on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

zedz

#59 Post by zedz » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:07 pm

TOP TEN

An Elephant Sitting Still (Hu Bo) – The most impressive film of the year for me by some margin. Having seen a large chunk of the Cannes slate now, I agree that it was a really good year, but so far it’s mostly made up of better-than-average films by good / great directors rather than knock-down masterpieces. Thus my top ten leans on films that represent ambitious departures for established greats (Martel, Loznitsa and to a lesser extent Maddin and Rosales) and a few very impressive first films.

In the latter category, this is a doozy: a densely novelistic four-hour urban epic, incorporating a couple of dozen significant characters in separate narrative strands that only gradually interconnect and cohere, with four protagonists eventually emerging. Hu favours long, gliding mobile plans-sequences, often following characters in the manner of Bela Tarr, but this doesn’t otherwise have much in common with slow cinema. The action unfolds over less than 24 hours, and it’s the kind of crazily eventful day that would be implausible in a more condensed, less carefully constructed or more formally manic film.

The film is beautifully shot in desaturated colour (a few shots do betray some dodgy digital artefacts owing to the threadbare production) and is expertly paced and acted. It’s one of the best first films I’ve seen, and certainly one of the most ambitious. And unfortunately it’s destined to be one of those great one-offs of cinema, like Night of the Hunter, as Hu Bo killed himself after completing the film.

Trailer

The Ancient Woods (Mindaugas Survila) – A stunning natural history documentary about the Estonian woods full of extraordinary footage that’s also superbly cinematic from start to finish. Survila employs a complex sound mix to generate a semblance of a narrative structure (shots and sequences are more often linked by natural sounds than visually). The film features the best opening sequence of the year: our eyes slowly get accustomed to the darkness, becoming aware of more and more points of light, some of which are moving, which are gradually revealed to be swarms of fireflies shot against the night sky. This in turn leads – through an achingly slow dissolve - to a rhymed shot of small silver fish glinting underwater. This is ambient cinema of the highest order. Sink in.

Trailer

Zama (Lucretia Martel) – (Adapted from my comments in the Woman Directors list thread.) This is a substantial leap forward for Martel in terms of ambition, and it’s a triumph. It’s a complex mix of genres and registers, combining a sweeping historical epic with a bureaucratic comedy, but Martel masters the slippery twists of tone and introduces other, stranger flavours at will, including a kind of tinnitus effect that adds an otherworldly dimension to scenes of personal crisis for our woebegone anti-hero. There’s a fleeting visual reference to the panoramic historical paintings of Argentine artist Candido Lopez, which seems to be there only for its visual beauty and to indicate that Martel has done her homework. This is one of those films that affords the pleasure of entrusting yourself to a master filmmaker who’s going to take you a journey who knows where.

Donbass (Sergei Loznitsa) – This film is even more in the carnivalesque, scabrous and funny / despairing vein of Kira Muratova than A Gentle Creature. It’s a rotten daisy chain of bleak sketches targeting the ongoing atmosphere of violence, corruption and disinformation in Ukraine that ends up almost back where it starts, with one gruesome twist. As cinematically impressive as all of Loznitsa’s work, I initially wasn’t as impressed with the film as I was with A Gentle Creature, or My Joy, but it’s had a much more vivid half-life in my memory than I expected for such an episodic work. It really packs a cumulative wallop.

Custody (Xavier Legrand) – French domestic dramas are not exactly thin on the ground, and I caught this film just to fill a gap in my schedule, but it really knocked the wind out of me. It’s a film about domestic violence that keeps us firmly in the place of the victims, and winds up with one of the most harrowing suspense sequences I’ve ever seen – a textbook example of what most genre films should be doing but aren’t (keep the action grounded, give the victims agency, proceed logically, remain aware of your surroundings, cut away from the tension sparingly. . .) It seems like a simple enough trick - of course we’re going to side with the victims – but I think there’s a lot of thought and planning that’s gone into the construction of the film, and of that sequence. For one thing, the film is largely stripped of conventional characterization. There are feints at back story and motivation, but for the most part all we have to hang on to is the action in its immediate context, and we, like the characters, are in the unnerving position of having to gauge from minute to minute the actual level of peril they’re in. The final shot of the film is a smart and unexpected choice. I’m really interested to see where Legrand goes next after this little bombshell.

The Green Fog (Guy Maddin, Evan Johnson, Galen Johnson) – A hugely entertaining, succinct remake of Vertigo, compiled from footage from dozens of other Hollywood films set in San Francisco. Thus we get collages of every shot the filmmakers could find of somebody falling into the harbour, or climbing steep stairs, or visiting a florist and so on. They even managed to scare up ringer shots of people looking at portraits of Bette Davis and Joan Fontaine in period drag. For the heavy dialogue scenes, they find substitute shots and roughly strip out all the dialogue (except in the very few cases where it is a close match for the dialogue in Vertigo), so we end up with hilarious stuttering sequences of contextless reaction shots and cutaways. A bizarre cinematic curio, to be sure, but if you know Vertigo well, it’s a blast.

Trailer

The Wild Pear Tree (Nuri Bilge Ceylan) – This is more of the same from Ceylan, but with his last three films he’s been at the top of his game and this morally complex, leisurely character study is masterfully controlled from start to finish. The subject is slightly novel in that he’s dealing with a young protagonist for what I think is the first time, so the world-weariness takes on a different inflection. A number of the director’s trademark conversational set-pieces are seasoned with some unexpected flights of fancy. If he keeps churning out one of these every few years, I’ll be very happy.

3 Faces (Jafar Panahi) – If this film weren’t so good, it would be a little embarrassing how much it seems like Kiarostami’s Greatest Hits. Panahi has slyly synthesized the DNA of Life and Nothing More, Through the Olive Trees, Close Up, The Taste of Cherry and The Wind Will Carry Us into a kind of Frankenkiarostami meta-feature. But Kiarostami was all about meta-features, and he’s not making them any more, so I’ll take what I can get. Another film that has very positively developed in my memory rather than fading away.

Letting Go (Ulo Pikkov) – Bizarre Estonian animation indebted to Svankmajer and the Quays (and, for all I know, Yoko Ono): in a world in which everything is roughly painted white, stiff babydoll paintbrushes are engaged in a life and death struggle with a voracious monster constructed from old books. Something to do with orphans, apparently, but I just liked it for its thoroughly imagined, totally alien world.

Trailer

Petra (Jaime Rosales) – Rosales specializes in interrogating the impact of violence on ordinary lives. This isn’t his best film, but it’s his most melodramatically eventful, and (as usual for Rosales) there’s a fascinating and provocative disconnect between the content and the formality of his style. This time around, the visual style is less obviously related to the idea of surveillance footage, but that notion is implied by the way the camera often moves mechanically through or across physical space, at times leaving crucial actions out of frame. There’s also a simple, clever shuffled chapter structure that strategically delays crucial plot reveals and adds further necessary distance to what could have been a fervid and unlikely story.

Trailer

Ten More Great Films:

Burning (Lee Chang-Dong) – I’m decidedly not a Lee fan, but this disturbing Hitchcockian thriller is by far the best of his features to date.

Milla (Valerie Massadian) – See comments in the Women Directors thread.

The Island of Hungry Ghosts (Gabrielle Brady) – Likewise.

Transit (Christian Petzold) – A slight step down from his last couple of films, and I felt the loss of Nina Hoss (particularly as Paula Beer seems to be here mainly as a lookalike). This is another film where a somewhat unlikely and overcomplicated story is tamed by austere cinematic style, but this one doesn’t quite shrug off its potboiler contrivances. Franz Rogowski is a solid lead (he does possibly even better work in the comic drama In the Aisles). The film’s strangest and boldest decision – to stage a World War II story unchanged in the present day – is its most successful one. After all, how is a tale about the rise of fascism and a burgeoning refugee crisis not a contemporary subject?

Ash Is Purest White (Jia Zhang-Ke) – Another excellent film from Jia, and Zhao Tao really gets to stretch herself as never before.

Wednesday with Goddard (Nicolas Menard) – Deadpan animated spiritual quest. Basic animation, but expertly designed for maximum hilarity.

Leto (Kirill Serebrennikov) – This ridiculously ambitious film about the Leningrad rock scene in the early 80s piles a bundle of unlikely gimmicks onto itself, any one of which could easily sink a normal film (it’s a musical; there’s one character who can see and converse with us; there are animated elements. . .), but somehow, like a shark, it stays alive as long as it keeps moving. Extremely vague spoiler: the first time something happens, it’s one of the great cinematic moments of the year. It’s definitely a case of diminishing returns, and I can imagine that scene losing almost all of its impact if you know it’s coming, so keep your spoiler radar highly attuned if you think you might want to see this film.

The Tesla World Light (Matthew Rankin) – Retro silent-film-style animation relating an allegedly true story about Nikola Tesla, celebrated pigeon fancier and lunatic. Some fun film historical references, but worked into its own coherent aesthetic.

Happy As Lazzaro (Alice Rohrwacher) – See comments in the Women Directors thread.

Pear Fall (Leonid Shmelkov) – Nuts and bolts theme-and-variations animation (a la classic Bill Plympton, whose new film Cop Dog happens to be a return to form) with perfect comic timing.

WORST FIVE

Jirga (Benjamin Gilmour) – Ghastly narcissistic Aussie in Afghanistan quest film, in which an entire culture's and country’s tragedy becomes collateral damage to some white guy’s psychodrama. Nice landscapes, abysmal acting.

Looking for Oum Kulthum (Shirin Neshat) – See comments in the Women Directors thread.

Border (Ali Abbasi) – Fundamentally dumb film that keeps its ridiculous mystery going much longer than you think it needed to, until you see how bad it gets once it’s out in the open and all the stupidity gets doubled down upon.

Capharnaum (Nadine Labaki) – See comments in the Women Directors thread.

Climax (Gaspar Noe) – See comments in the film’s dedicated thread.

colinr0380

#60 Post by colinr0380 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:23 pm

1. Mandy
2. Our House
3. Amanda
4. Ready Player One
5. Surviving Christmas With The Relatives
6. Assassination Nation
7. By The Grace of God

Previous lists: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014
Last edited by colinr0380 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:35 am, edited 5 times in total.

soundchaser
Leave Her to Beaver

#61 Post by soundchaser » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:22 pm

1. First Reformed
2. Cold War
3. Sorry to Bother You
4. The Favourite
5. Won't You Be My Neighbor?
6. BlacKkKlansman
7. Thoroughbreds
8. Jeannette, The Childhood of Joan of Arc
9. Can You Ever Forgive Me?
10. James Acaster: Repertoire

Liked: The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Eighth Grade, If Beale Street Could Talk, Isle of Dogs, Jeune Femme, Let the Sunshine In, Roma, Shoplifters, Vox Lux, You Were Never Really Here, Zama
Hated: Madeline’s Madeline
Last edited by soundchaser on Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:12 am, edited 10 times in total.

menthymenthy

#62 Post by menthymenthy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:15 pm

1. Ray & Liz (Billingham)
2. Grass (Hong)
3. Putin's Witnesses (Mansky)
4. Classical Period (Fendt)
5. Transit (Petzold)

6. Asako 1 & 2 (Hamaguchi)
7. High Life (Denis)
8. Non-Fiction (Assayas)
9. In the Realm of Perfection (Faraut)
10. Your Face (Tsai)
Last edited by menthymenthy on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mr Sheldrake

#63 Post by Mr Sheldrake » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:52 am

1. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
2. First Reformed
3. The Day After
4. First Man
5. Shoplifters
6. Annihilation
7. Colette
8. Before We Vanish
9. The Sisters Brothers
10. The Little Stranger

Favorite performances..

Ethan Hawke- First Reformed
Dominic West- Colette
Harry Melling- The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Jeff Bridges- Bad Times at the El Royale
Ryan Gosling- First Man
Colin Farrell- Widows
Steve Buscemi- The Death of Stalin
Willem Dafoe- At Eternity’s Gates
LaKeith Stanfield- Sorry to Bother You
John Cho- Searching

Keira Knightley- Colette
Zoe Kazan- The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
Rachel Weisz- The Favourite
Masami Nagasawa- Before We Vanish
Cynthia Erivo- Bad Times at the El Royale
Marion Cotillard- Ismael’s Ghosts
Saoirse Ronan- On Chesil Beach
Kim Min-Hee- The Day After
Thomasin McKenzie- Leave No Trace
Stacy Martin- Godard, Mon Amour
Last edited by Mr Sheldrake on Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 16 times in total.

JamesF

#64 Post by JamesF » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:30 am

Limiting myself to films released theatrically in the UK since January:

1. Phantom Thread
2. First Reformed
3. Leave No Trace
4. Hereditary
5. The Little Stranger
6. Sweet Country
7. You Were Never Really Here
8. The Old Man & The Gun
9. First Man
10. Mandy

If I were including future UK theatrical releases seen at festivals etc then Burning and In Fabric would easily be in my Top 5.

Calvin

#65 Post by Calvin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:20 pm

1. The Other Side of the Wind
2. Roma
3. Annihilation
4. Springsteen on Broadway
5. A Star is Born
6. BlacKkKlansman
7. First Man
8. Mission Impossible: Fallout
9. Cold War
10. Eighth Grade
Last edited by Calvin on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PsychoWalrus

#66 Post by PsychoWalrus » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:51 pm

1. Burning
2. Shoplifters
3. Roma
4. Mission Impossible: Fallout
5. Isle of Dogs
6. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
7. If Beale Street Could Talk
8. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
9. The Favorite
10. The Old Man & the Gun

Mooney

#67 Post by Mooney » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:26 pm

1. Burning
2. The Rider
3. The Other Side of the Wind
4. Eighth Grade
5. Free Solo
6. Shoplifters
7. The Favourite
8. A Star is Born
9. Mission: Impossible - Fallout
10. First Reformed

Murdoch

#68 Post by Murdoch » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:39 pm

1. First Reformed
2. Hereditary
3. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
4. A Star is Born
5. Sorry to Bother You
6. Blackkklansman
7. The Favourite
8. Tully
Last edited by Murdoch on Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cremildo

#69 Post by Cremildo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:45 pm

In progress.

01 The Rider (Zhao)
02 BlacKkKlansman (Lee)
03 The Sisters Brothers (Audiard)
04 Vice (McKay)
05 Lean on Pete (Haigh)
06 Hereditary (Aster)
07 Tully (Reitman)
08 Cold War (Pawlikowski)
09 Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot (Van Sant)
10 Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Heller)
Last edited by Cremildo on Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:53 am, edited 8 times in total.

Timec
Spencer Tracy had it coming

#70 Post by Timec » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:16 pm

1. Leave No Trace
2. Sorry to Bother You
3. Roma
4. Game Night
5. First Reformed
6. Shoplifters
7. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
8. Eighth Grade
9. The Favourite
10. Cold War

Honorable Mentions: Love, Simon / Ready Player One / A Star is Born / Unsane
Last edited by Timec on Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ribs

#71 Post by Ribs » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:22 am

1. A Star is Born
2. Widows
3. Paddington 2
4. Can You Ever Forgive Me?
5. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
6. Aquaman
7. Suspiria
8. The Favourite
9. The House That Jack Built
10. Love, Simon

rockysds

#72 Post by rockysds » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:31 pm

The Arboretum Cycle - Nathaniel Dorsky
Long Day's Journey Into Night - Bi Gan
Too Late to Die Young - Dominga Sotomayor
In My Room - Ulrich Köhler
Amanda - Mikhaël Hers
Leto - Kirill Serebrennikov
The Mule - Clint Eastwood
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, Rodney Rothman
Donbass - Sergey Loznitsa
Burning - Lee Chang-dong
Last edited by rockysds on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

DeParis

#73 Post by DeParis » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:04 pm

1. Zama
2. November
3. Hereditary
4. The Rider
5. Private Life
6. Annihilation
7. First Reformed
8. The Favourite
9. Sorry To Bother You