It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:40 pm 

Three of the men who helped thwart a terrorist attack on a train bound for Paris will star as themselves in Clint Eastwood's upcoming film about the incident, The 15:17 to Paris.

The movie is based on a book written by the trio and author Jeffrey E. Stern, called The 15:17 to Paris: The True Story of a Terrorist, a Train, and Three American Heroes. This is the first time Eastwood has cast the real-life person or people that inspired the story on which his film is based.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:44 pm 
Dot Com Dom

I thought these parts were already cast with actors?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:53 pm 

This is a very late change. About a month ago, it was reported that Eastwood wanted to cast Kyle Gallner, Jeremie Harris, and Alexander Ludwig but offers hadn't even been sent to their respective reps yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:01 pm 

I hope Eastwood gives his non-actors a few more takes than his usual custom. Very interesting choice though, I'm more interested in the film now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:28 pm 

Oedipax wrote:
I hope Eastwood gives his non-actors a few more takes than his usual custom. Very interesting choice though, I'm more interested in the film now.

Just to beat that word into the ground, I expect interesting things to happen with this choice. Gran Torino benefitted greatly from his use of non-actors, but I keep referring back to his lead performance in White Hunter Black Heart, where he was basically doing a John Huston impression. This has been written about many times, but it was a remarkable Brechtian performance. I'm not sure if it was by design, but on the one hand, we never forget that this is CLINT EASTWOOD. On the other hand, we're constantly aware that this is a stand-in for John Huston and that we're watching a fictional story that is still rooted in the making of The African Queen. For a lot of people including myself, it works brilliantly, and I bring this up because some notable comic actors are filling out the cast of this new film: Tony Hale, Tom Lennon, Jenna Fischer and Judy Greer. We're probably not going to get a film where we can lose ourselves in a meticulously re-created reality - most likely we'll have this constant awareness that this is a Hollywood film and yet here are the actual figures involved in the real life story. Could be very interesting indeed - there is an experimental streak in Eastwood's work that isn't always appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:13 pm 

Sounds like this might be out before the end of the year.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:00 pm 

The guy knocks them out fast like Sam Fuller, rough edges and all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:32 am 

Trailer.