Criterion Collection Store

News on Criterion and Janus Films.
Tribe
The Bastard Spawn of Hank Williams

#76 Post by Tribe » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:05 am

I'm confused by the last couple of postings. That TAKE20 that was available to forum members...that's no longer available, right? And that 10% off coupon is just a one time shot...or isn't it?

Tribe

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#77 Post by domino harvey » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:46 pm

From the Eclipse newsletter:
Dear Criterion and Eclipse viewers,

We've been delighted that so many of you have turned out to support our new Eclipse line, not just for rarities from Ingmar Bergman or Yasujiro Ozu but also for rediscovered masters like Raymond Bernard, whose excavated early French films Wooden Crosses and Les misérables were among the biggest movie surprises of the year.

For those of you who haven't yet delved into Eclipse, we've got a special holiday offer: Buy an Eclipse series at criterion.com between now and December 31, and we'll send you a free Criterion coffee mug! (The mugs will be shipped separately after January 7, 2008. Limit one per customer.)

Sanjuro

#78 Post by Sanjuro » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:02 pm

Does that include pre-order Eclipses (Post-War Kurosawa)? Could do with a new mug...

LightBulbFilm

#79 Post by LightBulbFilm » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:18 pm

1. Go to Wal*Mart
2. Pick up a white mug
3. Walk to the Sharpie section
4. Draw a 'C' on the mug.
5. Check out.
Total cost: Thirty-two cents

eez28

#80 Post by eez28 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:30 pm

They added a new poster:

Jeff

#81 Post by Jeff » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:35 pm

LightBulbFilm wrote:1. Go to Wal*Mart
You lost me.

Napier

#82 Post by Napier » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:43 pm

Just curious.Has anyone received their Criterion mugs from the Dec. Eclipse special?I ordered The Saura set and the Bernard set.Already the 16th and no mug.

keeproductions

#83 Post by keeproductions » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:44 pm

Napier wrote:Just curious.Has anyone received their Criterion mugs from the Dec. Eclipse special?I ordered The Saura set and the Bernard set.Already the 16th and no mug.
Ordered the Saura set last minute on the 31st and no mug yet. Hope it gets here soon, I'm thirsty.

OliverB

Anyone have any Criterion Store discount codes?

#84 Post by OliverB » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:30 am

Anyone have any Criterion Store discount codes?

I've finally decided to put my order in for the Essential Art House book...

LightBulbFilm

#85 Post by LightBulbFilm » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:46 pm

Buy 3 Get one FREE at Criterion.com

I called up Criterion today to add to my pre-order I placed a few days ago, and working my way towards $50 for free shipping the woman mentioned if I were to buy one more DVD I'd get another free. Needless to say I placed the order, just got confirmation, and it's true. I don't know if it is valid on the website or not, but I did it through the phone and it definitely works.

Awesome Welles

#86 Post by Awesome Welles » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:41 am

Would someone be interested in making a purchase for me? I live in the UK. I could paypal the money straight away. I'd be happy to add a little extra for the trouble.

EDIT: Does it apply to boxsets too?

a.khan

#87 Post by a.khan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:26 pm

OK, so I put in a call to the CC Store customer service.

Spoke with a girl there, and she had to speak with somebody to get me some answers. Here they are:

- The BUY 3 GET ONE FREE offer definitely exists, although nothing is mentioned on the CC website.

- You need the Promotion Code to take advantage. I asked for the code -- she then put me on hold again to check -- but apparently they are not allowed to reveal this information. However, she did suggest that I ask the person (LightBulbFilm) who had posted the offer message.

Hope that clarifies things a little.

LightBulbFilm

#88 Post by LightBulbFilm » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:06 pm

a.khan wrote:OK, so I put in a call to the CC Store customer service.

Spoke with a girl there, and she had to speak with somebody to get me some answers. Here they are:

- The BUY 3 GET ONE FREE offer definitely exists, although nothing is mentioned on the CC website.

- You need the Promotion Code to take advantage. I asked for the code -- she then put me on hold again to check -- but apparently they are not allowed to reveal this information. However, she did suggest that I ask the person (LightBulbFilm) who had posted the offer message.

Hope that clarifies things a little.
I can promise you I did not receive any kind of code. I just called up and asked if I could add to my order, while trying to get to fifty dollars she told me "if you buy a third DVD you get another for free". That's it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#89 Post by domino harvey » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:41 pm

Maybe you just have a sexy voice

bradass

#90 Post by bradass » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:14 pm

I'd imagine they're going to be unveiling the new sale in the curiously-overdue February newsletter. Probably tonight or tomorrow night, I'd guess. They've finally updated the photo of the most recent newsletter on their website from November to January. Time to use some gift certificates!

criterionsnob

#91 Post by criterionsnob » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:07 pm

I asked about adding a fourth free DVD to my recent order of three, but Tamara can't hook me up:
Thanks for your email! The promotion you mention is no longer available, but please feel free to write to Jon Mulvaney (cc'd here) if you have any other questions about Criterion!

Sincerely,

Tamara

LightBulbFilm

#92 Post by LightBulbFilm » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:10 pm

Saw that Patriotism was switching pre-order rices from 19.95 to 23.95, so I added it to my cart to see the real price. It came out to zero. I added it, Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters and Classe tous risques and all came out to zero dollars. Needless to say I placed the order. $5.95 was the final cost (Because of shipping). I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#93 Post by domino harvey » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:13 pm

I thought 24.95 was a fair list price for something that should have been the third disc to Mishima as it is, but full lower-tier price for a 45-minute film? Gimme a Breaksville Criterion

Cold Bishop

#94 Post by Cold Bishop » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:45 pm

domino harvey wrote:I thought 24.95 was a fair list price for something that should have been the third disc to Mishima as it is, but full lower-tier price for a 45-minute film? Gimme a Breaksville Criterion

But it has "Interview excerpts featuring Mishima discussing war and death"

jaredsap

#95 Post by jaredsap » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:48 pm

I wish they'd put everything in the same package, but it actually makes sense to charge $70 list for this whole MISHIMA set... which is essentially what Criterion has done. This was obviously not cheap to compile.

souvenir

#96 Post by souvenir » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:11 pm

Save 30% off (10% more than the usual discount) on any Eclipse set until April 7 with the code "NCAA" including the Klein and Silent Ozu pre-orders.

tavernier

#97 Post by tavernier » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:21 am

souvenir wrote:Save 30% off (10% more than the usual discount) on any Eclipse set until April 7 with the code "NCAA" including the Klein and Silent Ozu pre-orders.
A March/April Madness discount!!!

Gregory

#98 Post by Gregory » Sun May 11, 2008 3:14 pm

From their newsletter:
"$10 off any order of $60 or more placed on on criterion.com through Monday, May 26. Just use the code OFBT and you’ll also qualify for free shipping."

Especially good for picking up Ugetsu or any other Criterion titles that DD and DVDPlanet do not carry.

cgray

#99 Post by cgray » Sun May 11, 2008 6:03 pm

Gregory wrote:Especially good for picking up Ugetsu or any other Criterion titles that DD and DVDPlanet do not carry.
I think L'avventura is another. Any others? Course, I'm sure L'avventura will be out any day now on blu... :wink:

miless

#100 Post by miless » Sun May 11, 2008 6:14 pm

cgray wrote:Course, I'm sure L'avventura will be out any day now on blu...
Too bad Criterion's source is interlaced. The one flaw in their great treatment.