3 Geezers (Michelle Schumacher, 2013)

Discussions of specific films and franchises.
zedz

3 Geezers (Michelle Schumacher, 2013)

#1 Post by zedz » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:54 pm

Kirkinson wrote:Image Image Image
I think I bought a shirt at 'Randy Couture' once. A terrible, terrible shirt.

dad1153

Re: Worst DVD Covers...ever! (Part 3-D)

#2 Post by dad1153 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:35 am

^^^ J.K. Simmons and Tim Allen can't possibly need money that badly, could they?

RossyG

#3 Post by RossyG » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:22 am

I was wondering that. I don't keep up with who's in and who's out in Hollywood these days, but Tim Allen used to be quite a star, didn't he? What's he doing in this crap?

CSM126

#4 Post by CSM126 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:58 am

RossyG wrote:I was wondering that. I don't keep up with who's in and who's out in Hollywood these days, but Tim Allen used to be quite a star, didn't he? What's he doing in this crap?
Sadly, "What's he doing in this crap" is an apt question for a lot of his movies. Wild Hogs, The Santa Clause sequels, The Shaggy Dog, Cars, Christmas with the Kranks, Joe Somebody, Jungle 2 Jungle...

Actually, it's easier to list his good movies, because that's a much shorter list: the first The Santa Clause, Toy Story (and sequels), Galaxy Quest. Probably Redbelt, but I haven't seen that one myself.

flyonthewall2983

#5 Post by flyonthewall2983 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:38 pm

I liked Big Trouble.

matrixschmatrix

#6 Post by matrixschmatrix » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:40 pm

I don't see any reason to think Tim Allen has or ever had good taste, but being in something as dire looking as Geezers speaks more to having a terrible agent.

Zot!

#7 Post by Zot! » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:52 pm

matrixschmatrix wrote:I don't see any reason to think Tim Allen has or ever had good taste, but being in something as dire looking as Geezers speaks more to having a terrible agent.
On paper, does this really look any worse than a blockbuster like Grown Ups? I assume somebody was pulling some favors for a producer or whatever. Also Tim Allen loves blow.

jindianajonz
Jindiana Jonz Abrams

#8 Post by jindianajonz » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Grown Ups at least had a solid target demographic in mind (People who grew up watching SNL/Adam Sandler movies in the 80's and are now middle aged parents). I'm really not sure who Geezers is aimed at.

Kirkinson

#9 Post by Kirkinson » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:59 am

Geezers is the directorial debut of J.K. Simmons' wife, Michelle Schumacher (no relation to Joel, as far as I can tell). Simmons stars, but from the plot descriptions I've found it sounds like most of the other "celebrities" just have cameos as themselves. Most likely they each just did a day of work on the movie as a favor to Simmons and his family.

EDIT: Sam Raimi is in it, too!

Gregory

#10 Post by Gregory » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Simmons is obviously an extremely generous and accommodating husband. He also starred in a short for the same production company (his wife's and brother-in-law's). Synopsis: "A sex addicts uncontrollable fantasies go terribly wrong..." Tell me these stills don't look like a hilariously entertaining film.
Here's what they have in development according to the site:
Rule Follower (2012) – Middle-aged Steve has followed the rules of society his entire life, but when he forced to break the rules he discovers a whole new world has been waiting just beyond his reach.

You Trying To Party? (2013) – When four friends take a road trip to relive misspent youth, things take a turn for the worse when a retired General crashes the party and winds up dead.

One More Time (2014) – What do you do when you discover everything you hold dear was just an illusion?
If I had to guess the answer to that last one, you make a bunch of terrible comedies?

swo17
Bloodthirsty Butcher

Re: 3 Geezers (Michelle Schumacher, 2013)

#11 Post by swo17 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:27 pm

The most important thread zedz has ever started?

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: 3 Geezers (Michelle Schumacher, 2013)

#12 Post by domino harvey » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:37 pm

This is up there with the James Franco / Corpse Love Story movie in terms of inadvertent thread creation

PfR73

#13 Post by PfR73 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Gregory wrote:Simmons is obviously an extremely generous and accommodating husband. He also starred in a short for the same production company (his wife's and brother-in-law's). Synopsis: "A sex addicts uncontrollable fantasies go terribly wrong..." Tell me these stills don't look like a hilariously entertaining film.
Dr. Van Nostrand was one of Kramer's aliases in Seinfeld. They can't even come up with their own name.