Vinegar Syndrome et al.

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
EddieLarkin

Re: Vinegar Syndrome

#51 Post by EddieLarkin » Sat May 31, 2014 8:11 am

And the DVD is the softcore version. Luckily I've found a copy on eBay UK that I should be able to snag.

L.A.

#52 Post by L.A. » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:11 pm

EddieLarkin

#53 Post by EddieLarkin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:36 pm

Free download of the now public domain Silent Night, Bloody Night, starring Patrick O'Neal and John Carradine, added to the Gratis page. These are DRM free files rather than streams and look pretty fantastic despite their small size.

Also, Runaway Nightmare was two-thirds gone as of May 31st, so if you want it I wouldn't dawdle.

htshell

#54 Post by htshell » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:45 am

Has there been any news on Skinaflix?

AlexHansen

#55 Post by AlexHansen » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Launching in September according to the website.

EddieLarkin

#56 Post by EddieLarkin » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:26 pm

Runaway Nightmare at Blu-ray.com and Rock! Shock! Pop!

VS say they have minimal stock left. For those in the UK, I can confirm that the VS store is customs friendly (as are DiabolikDVD, who also have a few copies).

It looks like Last House On Dead End Street is back on track, with VS stating they have begun scanning it. Graduation Day will be appearing on Blu-ray also, in September.

Tropic of Desire, Cry Wildnerness and In Search of Bigfoot are all coming in August, though I don't think they'll be Blu-ray unfortunately.

ianthemovie

#57 Post by ianthemovie » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Are there Vinegar Syndrome titles that anyone would recommend as must-sees or must-buys? Nearly all of these look like they've been beautifully restored and packaged but it's hard to tell which titles might actually be good and which are crap. I'd welcome recommendations of any high-quality soft- or hard-core films, gay-themed stuff, or other exploitation titles that are particularly noteworthy for whatever reason.

In browsing their website I also noticed that they recently put out a restored version of Boys in the Sand, which I'm interested in. I have a previous DVD edition which was workable, especially considering that it was the only version available, but the picture quality was only so-so--noticeably "shimmery" and hard to see in spots (blacks were not deep). The extras on the new version look great too. Can anyone speak to this?

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#58 Post by domino harvey » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:56 pm

ianthemovie wrote:Are there Vinegar Syndrome titles that anyone would recommend as must-sees or must-buys?
I strongly recommend A Labor of Love (again). You can read my write-up here

htshell

#59 Post by htshell » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:41 am

The Telephone Book is an extremely fun and wildly experimental film that I think would appeal to as wide an audience as possible.

EddieLarkin

#60 Post by EddieLarkin » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:52 pm

scubadonc

#61 Post by scubadonc » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:54 pm

And Telephone Book is streaming on Netflix if you want to give Vinegar Syndrome a test drive.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#63 Post by domino harvey » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Yet another Code Red title coming out somewhere else! It's one of the better Friday the 13th ripoffs, at least

EddieLarkin

#64 Post by EddieLarkin » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Vinegar Syndrome wrote:Our website has been upgraded w/ lots of new features!

1. We now offer actual pre-orders. We do not charge upfront for pre-orders anymore. As soon as we receive product from manufacturing (usually one or two weeks prior to street date), you will be notified via email with instructions on how to complete your order via PayPal.

2. Starting with our August & September releases, you can now purchase 'monthly packages' and save an additional 10%.

3. Added automatic notifications for out-of-stock items.

4. Shipment tracking information will now be included on all 'order completed' emails and in your account 'dashboard'.

Much more is in the works, including a very cool feature called VS Direct. Stay tuned for more info.

​Thanks Everyone!

As Summer nears its halfway point, we're already gearing up for Fall, with a pretty stellar lineup of horror and sleaze! As most of you probably know, in September we're releasing the much loved high school slasher GRADUATION DAY newly restored in 4k on blu-ray for the first time anywhere in the world. Extras include cast and crew interviews as well as a commentary tracks with the producer and The Hysteria Continues. It's up for pre-order on our website, Amazon and pretty much everywhere else.

September also promises some quality Nazisploitation from Bob Chinn, in the form of his 1980 classic, PRISONER OF PARADISE. Also look out for more sexploitation from Carlos Tobalina and a rare Peekarama Triple Feature highlighting three rarities from one of our favorite X rated auteurs, Anthony Spinelli: CRY FOR CINDY, TOUCH ME & ACT OF CONFESSION!

In the meantime, this August we're bringing you a ton of obscure sleaze from Bob Chinn, Carlos Tobalina, Chris Warfield and a ridiculous double feature of Bigfoot movies.

kidc85

#65 Post by kidc85 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:26 pm

To tie in with the website re-launch a small number of the JEKYLL & HYDE PORTFOLIO / CLOCKWORK BLUE blu-ray is back in stock. 8 at the current count.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#66 Post by domino harvey » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:40 pm

Which is going for $71 used on Amazon, so even if you hate it, you'll likely be able to make back twice what you'd pay for it

EddieLarkin

#67 Post by EddieLarkin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Vinegar Syndrome wrote:October means Cinema Wasteland and, thanks to the amazing response this spring, we'll be back with even more force, including a special Cinema Wasteland exclusive DVD! We'll also be at Rock and Shock (MA), Scare-a-con (NY) and Rhode Island Comic Con (RI).

Most exciting, however, is our favorite October release, Edward Murphy's jaw droppingly insane, RAW FORCE, which will be making its Blu-ray/DVD debut for the first time ever. Seriously, watch any 30 seconds of this amazing movie and if you aren't immediately in love, bash your head against the nearest wall five times and try again. We say this about a lot of movies (and it's usually true), but there is absolutely nothing like RAW FORCE.

If that still doesn't do it for you, how about skateboarding pizza delivery girls who are also hookers? Yup, Bob Chinn's PIZZA GIRLS comes to DVD, newly restored...

But if it's sex and violence you crave, the star studded X rated classic, DRACULA SUCKS will be making its home video debut (at least in its original director's cut), in a deluxe special edition.

We also have a Ray Dennis Steckler triple feature and a Carlos Tobalina double. So yeah, October is pretty loaded...

Remember to order direct from VS for extra discounts and all the other good stuff you know and love.

colinr0380

#68 Post by colinr0380 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:17 am

I've picked up a couple of Vinegar Syndrome's releases (In some senses I felt obligated to show some monetary support, since I downloaded those Andy Milligan films mentioned earlier in the thread for free!).

A Labor of Love

"Yes, this is what happens to you if you start out as a Script Girl. You eventually..."
"You make it?"
"Yes, I'm making it. I'm making it big time"

An amusing behind-the-scenes documentary about a group of young filmmakers making their first film and then having to shoot hardcore sex scenes for it to fulfill the demands of their producers.

The majority of the film focuses on the filming of four separate scenes, with much stopping and starting and mood-breaking flow. For one scene we see interviews with the two actors, who turn out to not particularly like each other. Unfortunately this seems to lead to the man ending up failing to perform, so we get a highly amusing 'couldn't make it up' reveal of a bright-eyed eager young stand-in for that scene!

A fascinating document which gently probes into the difficulties surrounding filming real sex. Even when the participants continually say that they are cool with it, it is still bringing up real emotions and issues that the filmmakers don't seem to have expected, which seems rather silly on their part and suggests that the final film might not have anything particularly insightful to say about sex if the making of it revealed a lack of understanding of the subject! The final scene is fascinating for this as after the bad experience on the previous scene (and the unhelpful discussion with her acting coach) the female lead has lost trust in the filmmakers and retreated into over-intellectualising everything and is trying to (understandably) control every aspect of the sex scene, which is actively working to make the whole atmosphere on the set, which should be lighter and more spontaneous especially for a sex scene, much more tense. The actress here seems to be talking to prolong the time before the sex scene has to take place, and in some senses who can blame her for that, but it is a miracle that the scene gets filmed at all!

And, really, who thought having an extremely loud whirring camera continually starting and stopping throughout a scene, especially a sex scene, wouldn't make everyone tense!
Last edited by colinr0380 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emak-Bakia

#69 Post by Emak-Bakia » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:19 pm

From Vinegar Syndrome's Facebook page:

IMPORTANT NEWS:

In early 2015, the creators of Vinegar Syndrome will be launching Etiquette Pictures, a new home video label. Whereas Vinegar Syndrome is focused on preserving and releasing all forms of exploitation and forgotten weird cinema, Etiquette Pictures will be devoted to the preservation and distribution of unique, offbeat, and significant experimental films, documentaries and independent features, as well as some contemporary works. As with Vinegar Syndrome, the sole condition of the selected titles is that they must have been shot on and restored from film elements.

Among the titles Etiquette Pictures has secured for 2015 are James M. Harris' bizarre adaptation of Sleeping Beauty, SOME CALL IT LOVING, David Burton Morris' Minneapolis shot drama, LOOSE ENDS, and a collection of the short films and features of Jon Moritsugu.

However, Etiquette’s debut release will be Lawrence Schiller and L. M. Kit Carson's 1971 documentary masterpiece, THE AMERICAN DREAMER, which chronicles the production of Dennis Hopper's THE LAST MOVIE. Presented in partnership with and with proceeds benefiting The Walker Art Center in Minneapolis, MN, to help further preserve their cinema archive.

While specifics are still being worked out, Etiquette’s inaugural release is scheduled for January 2015. Titles will be released initially as limited special-edition Blu-ray/DVD combo packs, exclusively available through the Etiquette Pictures website and select retailers. After the initial run sells out, titles will be re-pressed in a general release version and sold through all major retailers.

www.EtiquettePictures.com
contact@etiquettepictures.com

EddieLarkin

#70 Post by EddieLarkin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Truly it is a good time for home video fans, no matter what the stats say. 2015 is already shaping up to rival the amazing 2014 we've had!

SpiderBaby

#71 Post by SpiderBaby » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:43 pm

Keep getting great news for 2015 home video releases. But a blu-ray/dvd release of The American Dreamer before The Last Movie is a bit sad for that film.

EddieLarkin

#72 Post by EddieLarkin » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:52 pm

fatboyslim142 wrote:I'm surprised that their first Renzy release is Pretty Peaches 2 & 3. Why isn't the 1st release Pretty Peaches 1 & 2 or a triple bill of all the complete Pretty Peaches trilogy? Seems strange.
Because it turns out that the first film is getting a Blu-ray release in November, as per Facebook.

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

#73 Post by domino harvey » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:45 pm

November Lineup:
PRETTY PEACHES
Blu-ray combo

CHRISTMAS EVIL
Blu-ray combo

FANTASTIC ORGY / CHAMPAGNE ORGY
Peekarama DVD

Plus a special yet-to-be-announced double bill available on Black Friday -- featuring one of the most expensive and epic X rated films ever made.

Fyi, we're taking the month of December off, so use that month to catch up and prepare for 2015! SEX WORLD, MADMAN, LET MY PUPPETS COME...and don't forget about Etiquette Pictures w/ SOME CALL IT LOVING, THE AMERICAN DREAMER, LOOSE ENDS, etc, etc... 2015 is going to be a fantastic year!

Thornycroft

#74 Post by Thornycroft » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:13 am

There's a decent chance the 'expensive and epic X rated film' referred to is Captain Lust. It's been reported that VS had located the original negative and was working with the film's director on a release.

EddieLarkin

#75 Post by EddieLarkin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:50 am

Let My Puppets Come looks terrifying :shock: