Etiquette Pictures

Vinegar Syndrome, Deaf Crocodile, Imprint, Cinema Guild, and more.
EddieLarkin

Etiquette Pictures

#1 Post by EddieLarkin » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:07 pm

http://www.etiquettepictures.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/EtiquettePictures" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In early 2015, the creators of Vinegar Syndrome will launch a new home video label named Etiquette Pictures.

Etiquette is devoted to the preservation and distribution of unique, offbeat, and significant experimental films, documentaries and independent features, as well as some contemporary works.

Etiquette Pictures #001 Coming July 14th!

Special Features:
Commentary track with director James B. Harris & Sam Prime
“Some Call it History” (video featurette with director James B. Harris)
“A Dream So Real” (video featurette with cinematographer Mario Tosi)
Extensive outtakes with commentary by James B. Harris & Sam Prime
Booklet written by Kevin John Bozelka
Reversible cover
English SDH subtitles
Region Free Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack

Future releases will include:

THE AMERICAN DREAMER (1971)
LOOSE ENDS (1976)
SWEET SWEETBACK'S BAADASSSSS SONG (1971)
COONSKIN (1975)
THREE DAY PASS (1967)
DON'T PLAY US CHEAP (1973)

The dual format Criterion Scanavo cases will be used for all releases, and I assume they'll have spine numbers.

captveg

Re: Etiquette Pictures

#2 Post by captveg » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:33 pm

Huge news: The American Dreamer (1971) coming 9/22

Thornycroft

#3 Post by Thornycroft » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:29 pm

I have no idea what the end result will look like, but the amount of work they put into The American Dreamer is nuts. All pre-print elements for the film are missing, so Etiquette are basing their release on four 16mm prints in various stages of wear and fade. They scanned all four prints, figured out which one had the best image for each shot, composited, and colour corrected as best as possible. That version has had at least one revival screening. After acquiring a new scanner they decided it was worth re-scanning all four prints to get the best possible image and re-doing all the compositing and colour work.

Granted, most of the hard work will have been done on the first pass but it must have taken a fair amount of time and effort to re-do the whole process.

EddieLarkin

#4 Post by EddieLarkin » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:25 pm

Etiquette Pictures is proud to announce that its third release will be the home video debut of acclaimed actor Patrick McGoohan's sole feature directorial effort, his 1973 adaptation of Jack Good's Othello-inspired musical, CATCH MY SOUL.

Etiquette has restored this lost rock opera, which stars Richie Havens, Lance LeGault, Tony Joe White, Susan Tyrrell and Season Hubley, from its original 35mm camera negative and will be releasing it on November 22nd in a deluxe Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. Extra features, which have been co-produced by Samuel B. Prime, will include newly shot interviews with the films co-star Tony Joe White, executive producer Charles Fries (Cat People, Flowers in the Attic), associate producer Huw Davies, and the daughter of the film's Academy Award-winning cinematographer, Conrad Hall (American Beauty, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid). Additional extras will be announced as they are completed.

Ryan Emerson, co-founder of Etiquette Pictures is looking forward to giving new audiences the opportunity to appreciate this forgotten piece of transgressive, early 70s cinema, saying: "Catch My Soul was a deeply personal project for its director, McGoohan, writer, Good, and producer, Fries. It's extremely exciting to finally bring this unjustly lost film to home video."
CATCH MY SOUL will be available through all major online home video retailers starting on November 22nd and will be available for pre-order starting on October 20th. Please contact: contact@etiquettepictures.com for any questions regarding this release.

L.A.

#5 Post by L.A. » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:24 am

sir_luke

#6 Post by sir_luke » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:20 am

Anybody have any updates on when Coonskin might get a release? Etiquette's site still lists it (and the other upcoming titles) as TBA. Getting antsy enough to consider buying the German blu in the meantime...

Thornycroft

#7 Post by Thornycroft » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:26 pm

They haven't announced a release date yet, though the original announcement was for late 2015 so I imagine it isn't too far off.

sir_luke

#8 Post by sir_luke » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:14 pm

Oh, thanks! Weird that they haven't (to my knowledge) commented on the delay.

Ashirg

#9 Post by Ashirg » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:32 pm

They are doing new remaster for Coonskin and German disc used old DVD master.