6 Happy Birthday to Me

Discuss releases by Indicator and the films on them.

Moderator: MichaelB

Adam X

6 Happy Birthday to Me

#1 Post by Adam X » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:19 pm

(J. Lee Thompson, 1981)
Release date: 12 December 2016
Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray premiere)

Popular high school senior Virginia Wainwright (Melissa Sue Anderson) survives a freak accident, but suffers from memory loss and traumatic blackouts. As she attempts to resume a normal life, something terrible is happening - her friends are being ruthlessly murdered one by one. But will she be the next victim or is she the killer?

Director J. Lee Thompson's classic shocker was made during the period before the horror genre drenched itself in irony and self-reflexivity, and instead revels in the effective staging of the terrifying set-pieces which drive it towards its climax.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• HD restoration
• Original mono audio
• Alternative 5.1 surround sound track
• Alternative score: experience the film with the controversial re-scored electronic music soundtrack, as used on the 2004 home video re-release
• Audio commentary by The Hysteria Continues team: Justin Kerswell (author of Teenage Wasteland: The Slasher Movie Uncut) Joseph Henson, Erik Threlfall and Nathan Johnson
• Image gallery: on-set and promotional material
• Original trailer and TV spots
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive 24-page booklet with extracts from the original press kit, advertising and promotion guide, and selected film reviews
• UK Blu-ray premiere
• Limited Dual Format Edition of 5,000 copies

110 minutes
#PHIDFE006
BBFC cert: 15
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899069813

domino harvey
Dot Com Dom

Re: Indicator

#2 Post by domino harvey » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:40 pm

Adam Grikepelis wrote:Looks like they've updated the specs for Happy Birthday to Me on their site. Very happy to see a Hysteria Continues commentary track on there.
Haha I love that they included the much-derided alt score as a bonus